PDA

View Full Version : Trouble believing my eyes.....

Not_a_boffin
14th Aug 2007, 08:43
Leaving work last night, I was distracted by what appeared to be a Wasp heading southbound over Gosport. XT420 perhaps - or someone else's? Anyway - brightened up my day - anyone know who's it was and where it was off to?

Wensleydale
14th Aug 2007, 08:47
You get a lot of them at this time of year. They are attracted by ripening fruit and so on..........:}

Laarbruch72
14th Aug 2007, 09:22
It was probably XT781 (civil G-KAWW) which is privately owned and lives somewhere down your way. The man who owns it has another former RN aircraft (possibly helicopter), although I can't remember now what it was.

He does the airshow circuits, met him last year.

c-bert
14th Aug 2007, 09:25
There's a Westland Scout (I believe) based at Bembridge.

adrian mole
14th Aug 2007, 09:28
Been here before.....
Choice of several, from CAA G-INFO search (just type in Wasp in aircraft type), the first one is registered to an owner at Marlborough:
G-INFO Record Nos
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No. Registration Status Serial No. Aircraft Type Photo
1 G-BYCX R F9754 WESTLAND WASP MK1B Yes
2 G-BZPP R F9675 WESTLAND WASP HAS1 Yes
3 G-CBUI R F9590 WESTLAND WASP HAS1
4 G-KAWW R F9663 WESTLAND WASP HAS1 Yes
5 G-KAXT R F9669 WESTLAND WASP HAS1 Yes
6 G-MBPY R RKP-01 GRYPHON/TRI-PACER 330
7 G-MJSZ R HA5 DH WASP
8 G-MJYW R 2-330PM-PGK-6-83-K GRYPHON/MICRO-TRIKE 330
9 G-RIMM R F9605 WESTLAND WASP HAS1 Yes

Wessex Boy
14th Aug 2007, 11:41
Tim Manna's (Kennet Aviation) Wasp has been doing some work/Photos for the Falklands 25th celebrations.
He also owns the Seafire and Skyraider amongst other delights, based at North Weald.
He works closely with the RNHF (John Beatie flies the Seafire) and lends them his Chipmunk, Harvard and Piston Provost for training (although I think Shuttleworth own the Provost now)
He has a Gannet in his Hangar waiting patiently for work to start...:cool:

Pureteenlard
14th Aug 2007, 11:44
A couple of weeks ago I was up walking by the White Horse and Waylands Smithy and I saw what looked like a Scout. I discounted it as unlikely and spent the rest of the afternoon wondering, idly, what it might have been instead. It would be nice to think that my A/C recognition skills aren't crap afterall . . .

spectre150
14th Aug 2007, 12:17
A couple of weeks ago I too saw a Scout - in formation with an Allouette 2 and Sioux (Bell 47) over Oxfordshire. AAC type at work (who has hours on all 3) informed me that it was the Army Historic Flt (sorry if that is not its proper title!).

I saw a Wasp parked outside Tescos at Brooklands about 3 years ago. How bizarre. I think it was part of an exhibition to raise money, or recruits, or both.