PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Parking - Cessnock (YCNK)

The Original Jetpipe
14th Aug 2007, 00:35
Hi All,

Flying up to Cessnock (YCNK) for the day soon, just wondering if anyone knows where I can park an aircraft for a couple of hours. Somewhere close to the main enterance point.

Regards

TOJP

bizzybody
14th Aug 2007, 00:49
there s plenty of room there on teh grassed area out the front of the main building.

If you need fuel you may have to pre-arrange it though because i think they have their own type of fuel card up there

Bizz

das Uber Soldat
14th Aug 2007, 03:18
i usually park....
http://www.deathnet.org/temp/parking.jpg

toronto_flyer
15th Aug 2007, 00:00
Might have a bit of trouble parking there now, they've moved the windsock and have cones all over the place.

A better bet would be across the taxiway from there, where Avondale park there aircraft now.

Cheers, toronto_flyer

FlugWeasel
15th Aug 2007, 07:47
Was up there a couple of weeks ago. The Google picture is out of date, the sock has moved.

I parked for about 3hrs south of the line of aircraft you can see on the picture.

With the old exit off the runway closed there is a fairly large area SW of the fuel bowser.

The Original Jetpipe
16th Aug 2007, 00:13
Hi All,

Thanks for all the advice,I guess parking will not be a problem? Just hope the weather gods are going to be kind!

Regards

TOJP

P.s Is there anywhere I should not park on the grass?

Atlas Shrugged
16th Aug 2007, 00:22
Is there anywhere I should not park on the grass?

Yeah, inside the cones ;)

The Original Jetpipe
16th Aug 2007, 00:35
Guess i deserved that one!!!!! and I guess the long bit of tarmac is out of the question!!!!

toronto_flyer
17th Aug 2007, 04:30
No, you cant park there.....that's the runway. :}