PDA

View Full Version : Okay Airways and Shanghai Airlines

expatpilot4life
13th Aug 2007, 23:05
Hello, got an offer to come interview for both of these companies. Was curious if someone could give me the real deal on how much bs one needs to go through to get the validation, etc. In the contract with Rishworth they say that if you fail the ATPL exam you can still join albeit different terms. Anyone know the real story on this? I have heard it takes awhile and was just cuirous. Thanks.

Blueair
17th Aug 2007, 00:26
you need pass ATPL, otherwise cannot join in

VRSCSE2
18th Aug 2007, 02:05
If you don't pass ATPL first time you can take it again 28 days later!

nijiggajigga
18th Aug 2007, 03:54
The Chinese ATP is a knockoff of CASA's (AU) ATP exam, word for word, with no attempt to translate to Chinese and back to english like the PPL, I-A, and CPL exams...

If you study FAA, JAA, or better yet, CASA ATPL material you should do just fine

JetABro
18th Aug 2007, 08:44
If it is just like the AU ATPL theory then you would be best to study the Advanced Flight Theory study guides as I found them to be 80 - 90% "word for word". I understand that the guy that writes this study guide writes questions for the CASA ATPL exam, very useful.

Hope this helps, good luck.

FWRWATPLX2
31st Aug 2007, 18:48
expatpilot4life,

Stay away or make contact with those already employed, to get the straight scoop!!! All else is smoke and mirrors, games, and misrepresentation of the facts, especially dealing with worth-less contractors, whom will leave you holding the bag and dealing with contract negotiations solo. When any issues arise, where are they? Contracts are not on par with international standards!!! These will not be commuting contracts, to be sure, etc., regardless of what is tendered in the precis. Schedulers can't get their heads around contiguous 8 days off/month, because the locals don't get 8 days off a month.

Regarding prep for the CAAC ATPL, if you are a saavy internet sleuth, ample sample exam questions/answers are available on an internet website. The posts here are the first references I have read to use Australian ATPL prep. FAA is closer to the truth, but studying the Gleim Publications ATP Study Guide, which many locals use will not get you a passing score. The CAAC ATPL has a very high failure rate, amongst veteran pilots, locals, and military (Chinese) or otherwise. Some of the exam is still in Chinese, either questions, answers, or both.

Try to get a contract with one of the 3 Irish agencies.

God I love to tell you more of the way it really is . . . SNAFU.

expatpilot4life
5th Sep 2007, 05:07
Doing the week long assement with OKAY next week. We shall see!