PDA

View Full Version : Help, I'm confused!

mlee
13th Aug 2007, 22:08
Help, I’m a little confused.

Just seen that Aero Fan in Spain is offering a JAA CPL course. I completed all my ATPL exams with Bristol GS, would this still allow me to gain a CPL in Spain with this company?

Already booked to go to Florida next month but Spain would be a much better option for me if this was the case.

I know there is a simple explanation to this. Any help would be great.

AlphaMale
13th Aug 2007, 22:59
As far as I am aware the JAR ATPL is valid for the EU. So you would be fine to go and do your JAA CPL in AeroFan.

pipergirl
14th Aug 2007, 00:12
AlphaMale...I'm afraid you're a bit off the mark there...

I have spotted a few threads in the past about this here's one of 'em!
Apparently, Spain is one of the EU countries that will not accept the UK ATPL theory towards gaining a CPL in their country.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=264122&highlight=ATPL+Spain+Licence

As with everything..Check all info you get with the CAA.

Solid Rust Twotter
19th Aug 2007, 14:20
So what's the point of JAA then?:confused:

redout
19th Aug 2007, 14:49
To the best of my knowledge you have to do the CPL in the same JAA country in which you done your 14 ATPL exams. Unless of course, your in Ireland or the UK where the IAA and CAA have an agreement which lets you mix it around. The IR can be done on any JAA country as its only a rating. Hope this helps.

Hufty
19th Aug 2007, 19:04
Well, you can do your CPL in the US if you did your groundschool in the UK.

Check with the CAA though - there are some anomalies with regard to some European states....

BillieBob
20th Aug 2007, 17:06
Well, you can do your CPL in the US if you did your groundschool in the UK. Only if the US flight school has its JAA approval issued by the UK CAA. Redout is absolutely correct.