PDA

View Full Version : Information foxtrot

la vita e bella
13th Aug 2007, 12:20
10 miles North of the airfield with information foxtrot"

I want to translate this sentence but i think information foxtrot is a tech. term?
what does it mean?
10x

hobbit1983
13th Aug 2007, 12:49
Assuming that the airfield has an ATIS, "Information Foxtrot" would mean that the inbound aircraft has listened to the broadcast information (weather, rwy in use etc) given on the airfield ATIS freq., and therefore is current with the latest arrival information, which is given a phonetic alphabet letter to identify it as part of the broadcast.

"with Information Foxtrot" means that the aircraft listened to the ATIS, and the information it recieved is called "information foxtrot". Since the information changes throughout the day, every time the ATIS broadcast changes, it is given a new letter.

It's basically a quick way of passing arrival information for an airfield, and saves ATC having to repeat a lot of information on the one frequency every time a new aircraft contacts the field.

Hope this helps.

Mercenary Pilot
13th Aug 2007, 12:52
It means it's time to dance! :ok:

Airfield information is given an alphabetical designation every time there is a change, usually at 20 mins past and 50 mins past the hour. When the airfield opens the first information will be Alpha then Bravo then Charlie etc.

Hope this helps, I think you should have posted this in the questions forum though.

Best regards

MP

la vita e bella
13th Aug 2007, 12:56
10x for all answers.I appreciate for ur help.