PDA

View Full Version : easyJet - Crew Discussions II

TightSlot
13th Aug 2007, 12:07
This Thread is for existing EZ Crew Only.
Please use the forum SEARCH function for previous threads on this subject - Your question may have been answered already

Airbourne-Adamski
13th Aug 2007, 15:53
Confused..............

Do we carry on our easy thread here from the original one?????????

If so last post in the easycrew I thread was.................

Hi folks,
Well have you heard.................
This last couple of weeks the DfT have been onboard and found that crew are not correctly checking seat pockets Tut Tut.
Now I know there are some crew out there that are lazy when it comes to pockets and not a push in the right direction.
But I am also going to go back to the fact of not needing to replace sick bags and cross seatbelts, Is this a factor because its making crewmore lazy?

I can handle sick bags not being replaced, but if I know my crew are not correctly checking seat pockets, basically being lazy and not working to SOP's they get told and have to re do them.

Does make you wonder.

FlyingPrincess...........................

where hav the Dft been checking?

So my reply is..................

Not sure they have not said what base or route, but they have been snooping around. So eyes open guys :)

keiranlgw
17th Aug 2007, 23:32
What’s with this having the uniform fitted on days off? I sent an email to Mr Brown and he said it would have to be on a day off and not paid for.

Seems other bases are having people come into the crew room for it to be done, but as LGW is near the manufacturer we have to go to them, not fair really.

Not all crew live close enough to make it viable to come into LGW on days off!

Getoutofmygalley
18th Aug 2007, 10:17
Why does it have to be on a day off?

The email from the BCCM did not say it has to be on days off, I am going to try and get my appointment booked for a 2 sector day, but allowing 1 or 2 hours after landing in case of delays.

I live nowhere near Gatwick, hence my going to do what I have said above.

keiranlgw
18th Aug 2007, 16:20
Yeah thats a good idea, didn't think of that. When I sent the email to Mr Brown he sent Mrs Grass out to identify me then he came out and had a chat and said something about days off. Maybe I misunderstood......

Paddy Hill
18th Aug 2007, 18:34
I am an organiser for the T&G section of Unite working in the NE of England. Have you raised this matter with the union? It is this type of issue where collective action in the form of a petition or collective grievance could move the company and hopefully increase interest and activity in the union. Best to check the rumour out first though.

EzyChic
18th Aug 2007, 18:54
T&G Union? Thats a whole new thread!

Paddy Hill
20th Aug 2007, 13:10
The T&G section of Unite is very active in the low cost airline sector in the UK and aims to establish a minimum standards agreement across the board. Workers can only really change matters through collectivism in the workplace. It doesn't mean we all have to like each other or be mates outside of work but if one is kicked we all are.

Dolley
20th Aug 2007, 14:00
At least you guys from London area can make appointments!

At our base we had the uniform for 2 and a half days and that was that. Take it or leave it! If you are on leave/days off/off sick....tough luck! You got to guess your size!

Best bit, we were informed that the uniform would be available to us on the third day until 15:00. Loads of people came in on days off and even leave just to find out that the uniform had left the building around 13:00...and they tried to take it away at 09:00 and only because the office bargained with them (at least this is what the office claims) to keep it as long as possible!

Quite unacceptable, and unfair, in my opinion! Every base (including the London bases) should have at least two set of three days with the uniform to cater for all groups. If we have to guess sizes we might end up looking worse than with the old uniform!

The whole project seems so unprofessional that one might think they've never changed a uniform before...not to mention that so far it took them a whole year longer than aimed for in the beginning!

Best Mate
20th Aug 2007, 15:16
Seems like the fitting and sizing of the new uniform is going to be as big a c**k up as the old one LOL!

Airbourne-Adamski
11th Sep 2007, 21:51
At LTN we have the uniform back for 2 weeks as from Mon 10th for those who missed it first time round.

They are still aiming to launch in Oct.

And its all gone quiet in the thread, everyone gone on holiday????????

744FO
12th Sep 2007, 17:04
You want easyJet to pay for you to come in and try on the unifrom? You'll be wanting them to pay for the hot water you use having a shower before work next! Im sure youre not that poor. Get off your backsides and pull your finger out. Some things in life have to be done free. If you couldnt be bothered to make the effort to come in on one of your days off to try it on then dont moan when you realise it doesnt fit.

EzyChic
12th Sep 2007, 19:20
...genious! Lets get on to the union.

I just popped in after a duty, wasn't difficult. No one has an issue about filling in expenses forms when they have worked into their day off do they, you do that in your own time!

Adam, saw you in the crew room again yesterday (or the day before), I might get the balls to say hello one day.

Where has everyone been by the way?

Ezy

Paddy Hill
13th Sep 2007, 20:17
Probably looking for your balls ezychic or trying on uniform. :ugh:

744FO
13th Sep 2007, 21:05
Did you try it on on a day off or did you go in after a pairing?..;)

EzyChic
14th Sep 2007, 08:37
*looks confused*

you have to simplyfy what you type for me, I am blonde!

rowone
14th Sep 2007, 15:24
could'nt agree more !....are the same people who wanted new uniform so bad the same ones who can't be bothered to get fitted in their own time ? apologise if i've interupted thread ....trying to get hang of site !

keiranlgw
14th Sep 2007, 19:56
"You want easyJet to pay for you to come in and try on the unifrom? You'll be wanting them to pay for the hot water you use having a shower before work next! Im sure youre not that poor. Get off your backsides and pull your finger out. Some things in life have to be done free. If you couldnt be bothered to make the effort to come in on one of your days off to try it on then dont moan when you realise it doesnt fit."

Doing something for the company in my own time and having a shower for work are two very different things so I’m surprised you would use such a stupid comparison! It has nothing to do with whether I am poor or not, it’s the fact that easyJet are an employer and if they want me to do something for them they have to pay me for it, because that’s what employers do. As ‘getoutofmygalley’ said we can book appointments for before or after work which is fine, as it’s a working day. As for getting off my “backsides” and “pulling my finger out” what’s that meant to mean? The reason for my post was to say that for some this might not be viable. It was not to say what I was going to do myself. And for your information I have had my fitting and ordered the uniform!

"could'nt agree more !....are the same people who wanted new uniform so bad the same ones who can't be bothered to get fitted in their own time ? apologise if i've interupted thread ....trying to get hang of site ! "

Where does it say in my original post does it say I “can't be bothered"??

Also no I'm not one of the ones who wants the new uniform so badly, I'm leaving so could not care less.

Next time you have a personal problem with my post or you fancy misreading it or taking it wrong how about you PM me instead of making stupid comments on a public forum!:ugh::ugh:

Keiran.

EzyChic
14th Sep 2007, 23:12
I don't think it was meant as a personal dig.

I think people were just 'discussing', I wouldn't take it to heart hun.

Ezy

rowone
15th Sep 2007, 06:54
no offence meant......certainly not personal ..!...perhaps i misunderstood the tone of your original post....i apologise

Airbourne-Adamski
15th Sep 2007, 10:18
Tried on the uniform the other day and must say i was very impressed.
I looked good and felt of good quality.

Yeahhhhhhhh at last

Ezychic.............................

Get your balls come and say HI

744FO
16th Sep 2007, 10:37
A pairing is kinda like your sectors on a certain day. LGW-AMS-LGW could be seen as a pairing! :)

EzyChic
16th Sep 2007, 10:58
I was the only girl in the crew room the otherday, and was skitzing about having no tights on (had laddered 3 pairs), you were flying with 2 other guys.

Sure you still have no idea. You looked very busy anyway.

x

Yes I did try the uniform on after a 'pairing'. It was too small for my huge fat a*se so I had to get it in super duper size...then I cried :-(

Airbourne-Adamski
20th Sep 2007, 19:45
Gutted missed you with no tights on ;)
Still cant remember though, what group you in?
I will catch you one day, tights or no tights, prefere the later of course lol

Back to business after that mild distraction

New Catering Contract

What do you guys think of the new catering contract?
Sad to see Alpha go? Or going to miss them?

I have dealt with Gate Gourmet before and thety were always very good.
Plus I wonder if it will improve on us getting paid the correct commision?

It must be a massive contract to loose for Alpha eg LTN with 17 a/c to cater, 20 in LGW and so on

atmosphere
20th Sep 2007, 22:36
Alpha going is good I guess, dunno what will happen with the crew food, mind you can't get any worse, and do GG have electronic bar systems? they would surely be a nightmare to work with???

Airbourne-Adamski
20th Sep 2007, 22:51
Does make you wonder if going with GG is that they have offered a good deal on a computer system. They have been saying for a while now the bars will become computerised just a matter of time.

Dolley
22nd Sep 2007, 00:29
I'm quite excited about the new catering contract!
However, a lot of people are going to loose their jobs at Alpha, loosing such a big contract :-(
They had their chance, but as always it will be the wrong people getting punished!

Here's an Alpha story for you...including all the reasons why I can't wait for them to be gone....and all the reasons why I will miss them:

Been on a late flight and previous crew left a bit of a mess in the dry stores. Cause of that mess we only noticed that we were low on lids during the first sector. There was no way that we could make it through the day. On the ground down route I informed the Cpt, and asked him to call ahead for Alpha so they could supply us with more lids when back at base.
When back at base Cpt told me that he talked to Service Air, they had talked to Alpha, and Alpha stated that they were not prepared to come out for some lids! Obviously now that the contract is running out they don't seem to think that they still have to work for their money.
Anyway, we were just trying other, more creative ways, to organize some lids (eg begging the dispatcher to ask on another ezy aircraft) and a Alpha van stops at our aircraft. One of our favorite Alpha employees comes running up the steps and brings us some lids....although his company does not want him to (despite the fact that it obviously is possible, otherwise he could not have done it behind their back.).

So yes, I'm more than happy to say Good bye to Alpha, but I will miss the good guys who were always trying to help out....and I really hope they won't loose their job over this....and if, I hope they find a new better one....maybe with Gate Gourmet?! ;-)

vodkaholic
22nd Sep 2007, 12:48
Dolley - i see you work out of BRS. i also work out of BRS but with a different company. we use gate gourmet, but recently i think we have switched to another company, however gate gourmet still deliver the stuff to our aircraft.

you will be pleased to hear that most of the guys are extremely helpful and also go behind the backs of their bosses to provide us with what we need for a flight. they really do seem to 'get' that we cant just nip off to tesco when we run out of meals, or coffee etc.

however, our crew food has become much more 'healthy' since the switch. this might have been a request from my airline, but i don't like it!! ha ha! no mayo or mustard in sandwiches, light crisps and healthy hot bits. i suppose it's a good idea to keep us all healthy. let me know what you guys think about healthy (yet boring and weird combinations) crew food!!

Airbourne-Adamski
24th Sep 2007, 16:05
Trying to get alpha to come back out in LTN is also a nightmare. On occasions they have even delayed the flights as they had not catered the standard stuff, eg sandwich's ect.

I will miss some of the guys as they are good people, however the odd one or so are sp bloody misarable and always complaining about their job ect, well now their wish has come true.

bmibaby.com
24th Sep 2007, 16:09
How long do you have to be at easyJet to apply for part time at your base? I'm interested in going for the direct entry SCCM position when they're next recruiting for the UK, but ideally want part time at either LTN or EMA.

Best Mate
25th Sep 2007, 08:18
Normally at the end of the 6 month probationary period.

Airbourne-Adamski
26th Sep 2007, 18:27
Also depends on available part time positions as well.
LTN SCCM's are full at the moment with still a few in the holding pool.
EMA is full as well and it can take some time at EMA with it being a smaller base and not many people leave there.

medanoman
27th Sep 2007, 20:22
I wonder if it will improve on us getting paid the correct commision?

GG is a good company, but they will face the same problem :ugh: of managing such a vast volume of flights. Commission is a complicated old beast to manage at the best of times. Onboard computers might help?

I guess only time will tell - methinks interesting times ahead!

Airbourne-Adamski
27th Sep 2007, 21:40
Does make me wonder if one reason they have gone for GG is the offer of a better deal on computerised bars.

Just seen the new products for Oct, not bad cant complain to much, nice to see twix and mars back, my god im sitting here talking about mars and twix, oh lord cum thy rescue me lol

EzyChic
28th Sep 2007, 08:49
Adam,

who on earth is miserable and hates their job at Alpha in LTN. The lovely **** is always full of the joys of spring. I even offered to give him a hug once to cheer him up, that didn't work either.

Hate to say it but i don't think I'll miss Alpha much.

Mod Edit: Removed real name that is identifiable

Airbourne-Adamski
29th Sep 2007, 13:27
You mean you dont know of certain alpha person who ALWAYS moans and complains about Alpha and easy. I cant say obviously publicly but you may guess, or ask around lol.

EzyChic
29th Sep 2007, 14:30
think I already named and shamed him

medanoman
30th Sep 2007, 21:19
This made me smile - of course there are no crewmembers that "ALWAYS moan and complain" :)

Airbourne-Adamski
3rd Oct 2007, 20:37
crew members moan and complain as if :)

EzyChic
4th Oct 2007, 12:43
I never ever moan or complain.

Unless something is worth moaning about!

:-)

fly babe
5th Oct 2007, 11:41
Is anyone else really frustrated that we are 5 days into October and we still havent had a communication from the company about our pay rise? :{

rowone
5th Oct 2007, 12:07
yeah be good to know something was happening

Airbourne-Adamski
5th Oct 2007, 16:10
The pay rise is automatic guys, the deal was to cover 3 years, 2005, 06 and 07. So this oct is the last one in the deal, all communication was sent out last year.

Wirh affect of oct 1st 2007 3% on basic
with affect of oct 1st 2007 3% on sector pay

Bonus payment of 2 weeks basic salary (guaranteed payment in dec 07)

fly babe
5th Oct 2007, 16:34
Actually Adam, I have spoken to a union rep who confirmed it will be RPI rather than 3%. I would welcome a communication from the company to re-inforce how this equates to annual renumeration, sector pay and associated payments. I still have the details of the pay deal; but Im sure many people don't and I expect many people don't even know that it's just kicked in this month.

Airbourne-Adamski
5th Oct 2007, 16:38
Well at least between the 3% and the RPI it will be which ever is higher, so the good news is it will be at least 3%

InTheZone
5th Oct 2007, 16:58
Hiya guys..

Question, does anyone know the answer to the following question..

A friend of mine recently had her interview with an airline and during the interview they asked her( telling her it wasnt a trick question) if she had applied to any other airline to which she kinda answered no although she had apllied to 2 other airlines. Question is, can they actually check if she has and if would they? isnt its illegal and an invasion of privacy or whatever?

Cheers!

fly babe
5th Oct 2007, 21:09
Yes Adam, that's my point. We are now receiving a 3% increase or RPI, whichever is the greater. RPI is riding higher than 3%. Its actually riding considerably higher than 3%. Which is why I am so interested in knowing how much I am earning each time I fly. I think it's appalling that the company has not communicated this very important issue to us yet.

(However, I think communication has improved overall from da management).

Airbourne-Adamski
7th Oct 2007, 10:30
InTheZone
We can not check what interviews a person has previously had prior to easy.
Also if a person tells us they have had previous interviews with a airline or airlines it does not affect their application or interview.

Fly Babe

What is the PRI at?

WexCan
7th Oct 2007, 12:14
Inflation running at about 4-4.5% at the minute.

medanoman
7th Oct 2007, 15:52
Is the increase based on RPI (which includes mortgage increases) or RPIX (which doesn't)

RPI = 4.1%
RPIX = 2.7%

Figures from the govt website http://www.statistics.gov.uk/instantfigures.asp

medanoman
7th Oct 2007, 16:02
during the interview they asked her( telling her it wasnt a trick question) if she had applied to any other airline to which she kinda answered no although she had apllied to 2 other airlines. Question is, can they actually check if she has and if would they? isnt its illegal and an invasion of privacy or whatever?

1. I don't believe that was a trick question - just a way of determing the applicants motivation, interest in the job of CC etc

2. It's very very unlikely that they would check, even if they could, which I don't think they can

Hope this helps (I used to be in CC recruitment for another airline btw)

InTheZone
7th Oct 2007, 19:38
thanks airbourne Adamsi and medanoman for ur help!

Airbourne-Adamski
8th Oct 2007, 13:19
Your Welcome

fly babe
22nd Oct 2007, 01:02
So 6 days into the new uniform - what do you all think?

rachelsmith
22nd Oct 2007, 11:06
hi,
do you know what career progression opportunities are at easyjet? do you have to have a certain amount of time flying before you can apply?

Thanks

Rachel

vodkaholic
22nd Oct 2007, 12:16
I think the new uniforms looks fab!! have seen a few crew around BRS wearing them and they lok very smart indeed! would like it better if all the blouses were the same colour and all the scarfs were the same...but then on the other hand its nice to bring some individuality into your uniform. looking good EZY!

Getoutofmygalley
22nd Oct 2007, 16:36
I love the new uniform although I am having a few problems as follows:

White shirts cause iritation on the neck (most guys at LGW having same problem)
Trousers keep trying to fall down

I know of some crew that have had problems with zippers, trousers ripping etc. But on the whole, it's a vaaaaast improvement on our old Star Trek The Next Generation style uniform :D

WexCan
22nd Oct 2007, 22:24
Shirts are fine after a wash or two - they're dripping in starch when they're delivered.

It's a big improvement - half of the passengers don't notice but those who mention it have had nothing but good comments.

Ground staff still in old uniform, poor people.

rachelsmith
25th Oct 2007, 13:35
Sorry but what are your new uniforms like? are they a different colour?
Are there many opportunities for advancement within the company?

Rachel :)

Getoutofmygalley
25th Oct 2007, 13:59
rachelsmith

Click this link https://www.easyjet.com/EN/About/photogallery.html and you can see the new uniform, some of the photos are being modelled by some of my lovely LGW colleagues.

And yes there opportunities for advancement within the company.

rachelsmith
25th Oct 2007, 14:12
They look good a lot better than all that orange! whats the difference between the white shirts and orange, do you get a chioce?
Do you have to fly for a certain amount of time before you can apply? Also what is the accom like on stop overs? Do you have acertain amount of stop overs a month?
Sorry for all the questions!!

Rachel

EGHI
25th Oct 2007, 15:26
What a huge improvement that uniform is - I think it looks extremely smart.

You must all be very pleased with it.

:)

Airbourne-Adamski
25th Oct 2007, 18:03
rachelsmith

We have been issued with 2 orange and 2 white shirts and in November we will be getting 2 more shirts of our choose colour.

Not sure what you meant by fly a certain time before you can apply. I f you mean apply for easyjet, no you dont need to have flown before, but previous customer experience is needed.

Night stop accomodation is very good, but easyjet dont do very many night stops. But things do change.

lm72
26th Oct 2007, 10:21
Hi! I'm GB staff and as you all know will be working with you very soon. :O
I've been commuting for the last 7 years but .. no flights from Lgw to where I need to go.
Stansted would be a brillant option.
Is any of you working there. How is it?

Airlinegirl
26th Oct 2007, 19:19
hey there, i am based at stanstead and i may be a little bias but i think its the best base ever!! Ive only been with easy about 6 months but everyone there has made me feel so welcome. Im sure you will love it!! Maybe see you soon!!

ezpz
27th Oct 2007, 21:27
I am based in Luton but fly out of Stansted quite often and have to agree it is a friendly base, and the atmosphere is nice and relaxed. No-one I have met in STN is trying to catch you out in briefings, or is too on your case onboard. The only problem with the base is that there is not much expansion or growth planned which slows down how quickly you can transfer to STN or get promoted.

Best Mate
29th Oct 2007, 08:59
Airline Girl - how come you cannot spell the name of your base?!

Airlinegirl
29th Oct 2007, 13:18
does it really matter? You know what i ment...

medanoman
30th Oct 2007, 23:38
does it really matter?

No it doesn't matter.

Its funny though, Stansted is probably the most mispelt airport in the entire world, next to Heatrow that is...

...and then there's Astraksetra, Indonesia

I'm going to bed now! :)

TightSlot
31st Oct 2007, 09:38
does it really matter? You know what i ment...

It matters only if you wish to be taken seriously. One nine word sentence containing two spelling mistakes? On a bulletin board, others do not have the visual or audio clues normally available in a face-to-face discussion - they can only rely on what is written. If contributors wish to be taken seriously, it would seem sensible to post in the same way?

Jaffles
31st Oct 2007, 14:55
Out of curiousity has anyone heard the results of the sph incentive? It finished a month ago and no word of the results at my base.
All the posters have been taken down, though there was a notice over three weeks ago saying that the results would be announced shortly.

medanoman
1st Nov 2007, 22:22
First day of the new catering contract today - first impressions anyone?

Airbourne-Adamski
5th Nov 2007, 12:44
Not bad a few missing and extra bits here and there but they are trying
Crew food is so much nicer.
And the GG guys have been really nice.

Dolley
23rd Nov 2007, 23:44
Well, I wasn't here for a while but it doesn't seem I missed out on much.

I really like the new uniform, although I hate that they've taken the uniform allowance away. Funny enough, everybody I've spoken to who voted on the matter claimed to have voted 'no' including myself.

Somebody asked about the different shirts. I had a pax asking: 'What's the difference between the shirts?' so I turned around and said with a straight face: 'One is orange, and one is white!'
My number 4 was in stiches. Now, before people start telling me off for being sarcastic with a pax let me tell you that he and I had been joking before, and he loved it. It convinced him that I had to be irish (including my supposedly irish accent, lol). Which obviously is an insult, and I had to kick him off the plane ;)

I like GG so far although there have been a few minor issues which I like to think of as starting problems as it obviously takes some time for everything to settle in. But I would forgive GG quite a bit for a while because they gave me nice chocolate. I'm easily bought with the right food.
And Bristol GG took over a lot of the Alpha staff so we deal mostly with the same people.

Does anybody know what happens on the GB airways front? Like when will the routes be on our website?

EZSmile
26th Nov 2007, 18:57
Hello!!
(actually the name of a Swiss charter, call them Goodbye)

Haven't seen any publications on inside lately for SCCM positions, except ongoing around London, or OPM positions either. There's talk of a waiting list earlier in this thread. Has it become a new practice to ask CC's to apply for SCCM and put them on endless waiting lists all around the network? In certain bases it avoids that certain crew apply and become frustrated and demotivated, but I still think open application is a fairer chance for all.
Thanks for infos concerning the different bases.

Airbourne-Adamski
28th Nov 2007, 15:44
EZSmile

Each base recruits for SCCM's as they need. So SCCM recruitment and numbers needed is done through your BCCM.

It may be worth speaking to your BCCM or OPM to see if they can help.

I know that numbers in easyjet at the moment are good and they are pretty much on target with crew, so that could be one good reason why there has been little advertisment for SCCM's.

However with more A319's arriving and boeing bases converting there will probably be another SCCM recruitment drive early next year.

student88
4th Dec 2007, 19:15
Hello!

I'm Stansted based Cabin Crew for easyJet and have loved every day of my 24 months of employment with the company. Any GB Crew interested in STN but are wary have nothing to worry about. We have a great contingent of cabin and flight crew and a really helpful and supportive office staff.

S88

bmibaby.com
4th Dec 2007, 22:41
Could anybody tell me what the part-time crews are coming out with monthly including commission and also how many days a month this tends to work out as? Also, people's opinions on coming in as a direct entry senior, how they've been made to fit in etc.

student88
5th Dec 2007, 18:03
50% about £900

corsaman
5th Dec 2007, 18:52
Varies - on 75% as an SCCM, I clear £1200 to £1400 per month, all in. November was £1444, and I average 12 flying days per month, often less.:)

Airbourne-Adamski
6th Dec 2007, 15:18
Blimey think I may go Part time lol

corsaman
6th Dec 2007, 17:27
Way to go AA - I've never been happier! (ok, the Airbus will, one day, be the icing on the cake.....):)

Airbourne-Adamski
7th Dec 2007, 15:28
Shudders at the thought of LTN Airbus :\ :}

Do like the wide aisle though, and the bright cabin

friarkeasley
7th Dec 2007, 17:03
I moved to Airbus at EMA from LTN about 8 months ago - Still miss the Boeing, it has it's charms! Wide Aisle is a godsend, as well as a lot of the gadgets on it. The Rear Galley Arrangement is not to my liking though!

EzyChic
7th Dec 2007, 18:37
....LTN isn't the same without you

friarkeasley
7th Dec 2007, 20:25
how sweet! completely true of course :p PM me who you are - I have my suspicions!

Santas Little Helper
9th Dec 2007, 09:58
Two days before the bidding opens for next years leave, the management have put out a notice to cabin crew saying they can only bid for NINE days leave in the summer and 21 days in the winter. This appears to have happened without any consultation with us. This will do wonders for moral and I hope the union will take this matter up with some urgency before loads of people start resigning

Getoutofmygalley
9th Dec 2007, 11:49
I have already contacted the union about this. It is totally unacceptable, I would strongly urge ALL union members to protest in the loudest possible terms to their union reps.

DO NOT take this lieing down. The Level 2 NTC was laughable, saying that this is being introduced owing to in previous years crew members having had 3 or 4 weeks leave in the summer period - I for one in all the years I have been with easyJet not known anyone to have this amount of time off. Also regarding the line that said "reflect a growing business that needs to balance the lifestyle of its crew with an efficient operation" is complete and utter twaddle.

ONCE AGAIN I urge all members to contact your reps, urge the union to take a vote over this (not for industrial acton) to find out whether crew think it is acceptable or unacceptable - the union can then go back to the company about this and press them to rescind the rule.

Airbourne-Adamski
9th Dec 2007, 13:08
Yeah come back to LTN and the world of Boeing,
For n ow anyway lol

Turbo Thrush
9th Dec 2007, 17:10
9 days in the summer is no use if you want to book a holiday. Why not 11 0r 12? They just want us to take our leave when it suits them

easygalleyfm
9th Dec 2007, 22:50
9 days off in the summer is absolutely absurd! You cant, for example, go on a full 2weeks holiday, and if you have children you cant spend a decent summer holiday with them and must importantly, april-sept is the time of the year when we work the hardest and therefore need as much break as possible surely they cant expect us to only have 9days of leave?
At the end of the day, the only reason they are doing this is so they can work us even harder if they cant recruit enough people to cover for all the new routes they will be introducing.
one thing i dont understand though is, why is it not thesame with the FD? surely if it is as they said in the NTC2 "more balanced system", then thesame thing should apply to the FD as well.

corsaman
10th Dec 2007, 07:41
Couldn't agree more about the timing of this announcement - last minute, in the hope we'll just panic and bid anyway. Everyone must e-mail their BCCM's asap and protest. 9 days between 01 apr and 30 sep will probably mean increased sickness next summer. I guess the new uniform had a price after all.:suspect:

Best Mate
10th Dec 2007, 08:15
Santas Little Helper is probably right. It will do wonders for crew morals. However not sure what it will do to morale though!

Airbourne-Adamski
10th Dec 2007, 13:18
9 Days Booking Leave

Ok I think I know why this may of happened.
Currently recruitment for UK bases is now fixed term (eg like a temp contrct FOR PEOPLE APPLYING NOW not current crew) so the leave has been adapted for that reason. But they have forgot about us Full Time contract crew and our entitlements.

From what I heard yesterday the Union have been fully imformed and they are currently on the case to sort this issue out and go back to how it should be.

Best Mate
10th Dec 2007, 14:04
Surely some dumbo should have thought of that! Then admin never has been the strong point of EZY or other airlines for that matter.

Getoutofmygalley
10th Dec 2007, 19:02
Have those morons in Hangar 89 not thought of the blindingly obvious? - If crew can only take 9 days in the 7 month summer season, and the remaining 21 days have to be taken in the shorter 5 month summer season, the company WILL NOT be able to accomodate all cabin crew to be off in the 5 months period that the 21 days can be taken.

This will mean that the company will no doubt have to buy our leave off of us - hopefully this will lead to the moron in Hangar 89 who approved this policy getting the boot.

And if this policy is good enough for cabin crew, it should apply to ALL OPM's and BCCM's and dumbasses in Hangar 89!

There was a feeling of mutiny in the crew room at LGW yesterday when I was there and I would not be at all surprised if crew were willing to strike over this. This needs to be sorted out ASAP! :*

atmosphere
11th Dec 2007, 10:13
This new fixed term contract they have offered is really bad! if you think only giving us 9 days leave in the summer is bad... they don't even get to pick thier leave, it is all allocated..

Surely this should only improve flexibility in the leave the Permanant crew wish to take, and use the temps to fill in the gaps, either way, its a pretty :mad: deal for all involved

Ezyboy_BFS
12th Dec 2007, 22:41
The fized term contract is not a temporary contract. Yes, you are told up front you will be emplyed for a specific period of time but it is also made very clear that at the end of that period it's likely you will be kept on. In a way, it's more like they are wanting the flexibility of the option not to continue someone's employment if they aren't performing properly as well as not being able to qualify keeping someone on in the quieter months.

Airbourne-Adamski
14th Dec 2007, 15:52
The fized term contract is not a temporary contract. Yes, you are told up front you will be emplyed for a specific period of time but it is also made very clear that at the end of that period it's likely you will be kept on

May I ask where you were or who told you this?..........................

but it is also made very clear that at the end of that period it's likely you will be kept on

PurpleButterfly
14th Dec 2007, 19:55
Airbourne... can you keep us in the loop if you hear of what steps the Union is taking, please...

psychopathbabble
15th Dec 2007, 17:31
I'm not part of the Union, but am really annoyed about the holiday... I have more than 9 days I need to take due to various things but I know they will just expect me to give up my plans and my social life for work. Working in the aviation industry, be it for only 7 months, I have figured out that you expect the unexpected and don't complain. BUT I know I need these days off months and months in advance (1 day for a wedding, 4 days for a festival I have paid for and 2 weeks for a charity trip to Tanzania). Unfortunately my days off are not in the right place this year.

Is there anything I can say or do or email to anyone to help out??

atmosphere
15th Dec 2007, 22:04
Remember you can Take RDO's, thats one day sorted.

your 9 days off include your wrap around days, so you get 3 days off, 6 days leave, 3 days off, 3 days leave thats 15 days in a row, still a crap deal, but might help!

Also join the union!!!

psychopathbabble
15th Dec 2007, 22:54
I'll try getting the rdo's and seeing if that helps... my days off are the 3 days before I go away so they are useless :)

Join the union... there was someone in the crew room trying to get us to join but I don't really know what it's about! Stupid thing to say I know!

Airbourne-Adamski
16th Dec 2007, 13:31
PurpleButterfly

As yet I have not heard anymore, I am not actually in the union but a college/friend who is in the union is on the case.
As soon as I know more I will let you know.

PurpleButterfly
17th Dec 2007, 14:40
Ok... so it seems that Co has backed down a little ... the months applicable to the restriction are just going to be July, August and September now... and it is a compromise... as our Cabin Crew Head calls it in today's email...

I am not sure if I am still convinced... does this still change our Contract Terms and Conditions? :ouch:

Is it a compromise just for this year as the planning team may be foreseeing establishment difficulties with the integration of GB? ... should not all this be transparently negotiated? As far as my knowledge of English Law goes, setting precedent becomes printed law for future dealings.

Is this the easyJet spirit that CEO is feeding through or somewhere the chain has lost a ring somehow?

Santa Claus Helper, any ideas or insights?

Airbourne-Adamski
18th Dec 2007, 15:56
I dont know the reasons fully for the 9 days leave booking but at least they have acted on feedback and done something. Many other airlines if they had changed leave and got feedback would of told you where to go Trust Me.

So to be fair at least something has been done, still not to everyone's cuppa tea.
Next year ALOT is happening, as you said Purple the situation with GB may have soemthing to do with the leave as we need to accomodate GB guys, fair one I think.
And of course the new entrants now on fixed term contracts, so the leave system has also got to be fair to them and their contract.

PurpleButterfly
19th Dec 2007, 11:12
Airbourne, I see where you are coming from with re. the fixed contract people and I admire you for that; we would all want to get a fair deal if we were in their shoes but what I doubt to be fair trade is giving my rights away so that someone else can have them. What we are talking about here is a management exercise; they are easy ways, filling one cup to empty another or carefully thought decisions that do not erode anyone's human right to a decent job.

As far as I understand "fixed term contracts" appeared in the employment arena to fill in gaps with re. peaks in work, so my understanding is that it is them who should have restrictions on Leave allocation, not us. I remember a while ago, this happened and permanent people were working their butts because temporary workers were taking their leave.

Management get a fair deal of rewards for a well-done job if company performance goes up... so please, let's encourage them to do their job the same way they expect us to do ours; they can put some more thinking time to this issue and I have no doubts they can come up with a much better quality decision, fairer to all.

Meanwhile, can I suggest to stand our ground; otherwise, next time we will be asked to give our sales comission towards the fuel burnt on go-arounds!

SkinHeadFlyer
19th Dec 2007, 14:09
I don't work (and have no intention of working) for EZY - I am a mere bit of Self Loading Freight.

However, I was interested in the comment that EZY would have to buy the holidays off you.

It's a common misconception that holidays should be either taken or paid for. It's actually illegal to pay staff for not taking holidays. The working time directive is in place to ensure people take their holidays (ie time away from work). It is not an opportunity for an employee to sell their holidays to their employer, nor is it an avenue for the employer to get out of actualy giving the employee time off.

If your Union Rep is any good, then maybe get him/her to look into it.

psychopathbabble
19th Dec 2007, 20:29
They have backed down a bit which is on the right road, but it still doesn't help me for the leave that I need! When I try and do something about it I bet the response will be 'aviation get used to it' which I have actually been told before! I know we work in an unpredictable environment, but why should I sacrifice my personal life for the sake of work!! Plus the new rules don't help people with kids and summer holidays to fill! I don't see how GB Airways acquisition really affects it, all they need to do is limit the number of staff taking leave on each day which is what they did before.

terrilee
19th Dec 2007, 20:44
Psychobabble.....

I agree with you, especially when it comes to those of us who have served the airlines for a long time, and had children and with that comes about 7 weeks summer hols! (compulsory I might add!)
It is so hard to find childcare for any amount of time and difficult to spend quality time with your children without these kinds of restrictions being put on us! I wonder if the deciders of these restrictions have young children? If they do, I question their priorities maybe???:confused:

SuperStewardess
20th Dec 2007, 20:26
Hey Guys. I think the problem that the company have is how to make it fair for everybody..? We all know that 'sometimes' the people that decide these things tend to act first, then think about it later, then act again upon a re-think... I'm just pleased we can have leave in the summer, as at a previous company, we were'nt allowed to take any in the summer months! I never take leave in the summer months, just because everyone goes away then & it's far too expensive. I totally sympathise with the parents among us, but why should they be awarded leave to suit them, isn't that almost a form of discrimination against the people in the company that don't have children..? Just a thought... :uhoh:

psychopathbabble
21st Dec 2007, 16:53
I don't have children but I need 5 days in the month of July for a friends wedding and a festival that I had already bought the ticket for... then in September I am doing a Trek up Kilimanjaro for charity and it's 2 weeks. I understand your point about it being busy and expensive in the summer, but why should I sacrifice one of the things I am doing in the summer months (september isn't even summer and the kids are back at school) just because someone somewhere has decided to put a limit on the holiday allowed? I didnt take ANY holiday in the summer last year, I started in May and the first days off I booked were in October so why should I miss out on my events when I worked hard for EJ all of last summer!!

Airbourne-Adamski
28th Dec 2007, 11:32
My only suggestion if the leave issue affects certain booked events ect is to speak to OPM's or even email T.M.
I understand that it is causing problems with certain people.
I am not defending the new leave system, but at least they are acting on it and being more flexible.
Dont forget even if it was still the old leave system, and you bid for leave to go to a festivel, wedding or what ever there was never any promise you bid would be sucessful.

terrilee
4th Jan 2008, 15:31
Hi Superstewardess.
The leave we need to have during the summer holidays is not to suit US, its to suit when the government say our children are on holiday. This, we cannot chose. I'm sure if we could pick and choose when our children had time off we wouldn't have this problem?? Unfortunately we'd get sent to Prison for taking our children out of school too much during term term!
Sorry to be a stickler, but i'm one of those people whom, before I had children would have quite happily taken my holidays whenever so that families could get holidays together. No skin off my nose. I think this is one issue that will never be resolved eh. :hmm:Regards.

Airbourne-Adamski
4th Jan 2008, 17:49
terrilee

That is a good comment to be fair.
Leave is always a problem EVERY year. People bid for certain weeks ect, but dont get the leave requested due to that period already being full.

Vueling
30th Jan 2008, 09:38
So Leave System is open. Did you check your leave? Did you get it?

friarkeasley
30th Jan 2008, 11:52
I got everything I asked for except christmas - not surprised or overly bothered about that though!

Vueling
30th Jan 2008, 13:01
I got everything. Until this time nobody got christmas off .. who got christmas off. I asked around and everyone i talked to didn't get christmas off. Scary ..

WexCan
30th Jan 2008, 13:17
I got Christmas off, probably because I've worked the last two and take my leave on the low-point days.

Airbourne-Adamski
30th Jan 2008, 17:19
Long last leave is open, can now book my holiday yipeeee

atmosphere
13th Feb 2008, 16:19
Hey,

So I have been hearing a lot of noise regarding cabin crew that will NOT be doing any services on the aircraft due to Gate Gourmet making a mess of commision payments, and the management not doing enough to sort the problem out!

Any truth in the rumour? I did hear a comment that Andy said cabin crew shouldn't rely on thier commision, but when it averages around £150 a month ish, it's hard not to!

Anybody spoken to the unions about the issue, and if so, what is there standing on this?!

Dolley
14th Feb 2008, 00:09
That's the first I've ever heard about this rumor, and to be honest, I can't see how the Union in this case could help at all as our contract states quite clearly that we are not actually entitled to any commission, and therefore any commission payment is entirely up to them.

I'm all for things changing for the better. I'm still owed some commission from November, and they owe me 14 days of December, and I need the money badly, but I still think it's wait and see, and hope for the best.

The unofficial strike option might appeal to some people but you will loose your job sooner than you can say 'commission' if you actually do it and get caught.....and the Union won't help you then because any kind of 'unofficial' strike is actually illegal.

I just hope that Gate Gourmet gets it sorted eventually...and then we are all due a massive back pay which will be nice.

atmosphere
14th Feb 2008, 10:56
I know, Can you imagine telling a passenger, err, no you can't have a coffee, because I didn't get paid my commision! As a senior, my ass would be severly kicked! so without union backing, i'm gonna sit pretty serving my happy passengers!

medanoman
3rd Mar 2008, 20:33
So I have been hearing a lot of noise regarding cabin crew that will NOT be doing any services on the aircraft due to Gate Gourmet making a mess of commision payments, and the management not doing enough to sort the problem out!

Told you so (back in September)...

GG is a good company, but they will face the same problem of managing such a vast volume of flights. Commission is a complicated old beast to manage at the best of times. Onboard computers might help?
I guess only time will tell - methinks interesting times ahead!

Dolley
17th Mar 2008, 20:39
Great!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/03/17/caterers-for-easyjet-took-out-of-date-food-from-bins-for-air-passengers-89520-20353747/

Sorry, if that isn't clear to anybody.....this is an sarcastic 'Great!'.

psychopathbabble
18th Mar 2008, 16:45
I know that working for EasyJet we know slightly different to anyone else reading that story but some of it doesn't add up... I only read some of it and I'm not sure if it's done differently at other bases, but I have never known the food to be served unwrapped... and if we noticed the dates then we wouldn't serve it!! (well I wouldn't!)

Getoutofmygalley
19th Mar 2008, 11:57
I believe psychopathbabble that the part about the food being served unwrapped is where they are trying to make out that this is a big huge orange cover up.

Nobody on any route will serve bacon bloomers that have been cooked unwrapped in an oven. If we did, the oven would soon be full of fat and grease - then we would have oven fires as the ovens would not be cleaned regularly enough.

Going by the look of the chav (who needs a fecking good hairwash!) who apparantly brought this story to light in the Daily Mirror (wouldn't even wipe my arse with that rag!) he was probably after making a few quid so he can get a few cans of special brew and a packet of fags.

Maybe Mr Chav should stick to getting himself ASBO's and not having his ugly mug thrusted on the world of normal citizens.

PS - Sandwich and pizza sales were way down on my flight yesterday as a result!

Fred100
25th Mar 2008, 11:45
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I live in Portugal but work for an airline based out of the UK. I travel back home to Portugal about 4 times a month with Easyjet but the prices are getting so expensive that I cant afford to go back more than twice a month.

Does anyone have a spare concession that they could put me on - I will pay this person extra money for every flight that I do on top of the cost of the concession flight because it would still work out cheaper for me.

If anyone can help me out please PM me...

Thanks xx

Getoutofmygalley
25th Mar 2008, 18:47
Fred100

I don't think anyone will risk putting you on their staff travel because:

1. Travel concessions are for friends and family

2. Staff can only change them 4 times per year

3. You should be paying the full pax fare as you are non easyJet staff. easyJet crew don't get travel concessions with other airlines.

As has been said to you in one of your other posts for trying to get easyJet travel concessions, you could always join easyJet then you will be entitled to travel concessions with easyJet.

student88
25th Mar 2008, 20:08
Yeah Fred100, you can go on mine. If you want I'll pick you up and drop you off at the airport when you need it. Might even do your dry cleaning too!

S88:ok:

Fred100
26th Mar 2008, 08:09
No probs thought I would ask because some crew members could make up to an additional £100 per month.

I understand that some of you might not even need that money but for doing nothing it isnt a bad deal.

Thanks anyway.

Getoutofmygalley
26th Mar 2008, 16:17
I understand that some of you might not even need that money but for doing nothing it isnt a bad deal.

It will be a bad deal when a crew member is sacked. Passengers pay for tickets at pax prices via easyJet.com. Crew members pay for tickets for friends and family at concession rates via another web site.

Any crew member that sells their concessions at £100 a pop will be thrown out of the airline faster than Alan Sugar can say "You're fired" on The Apprentice!

At a time when the company has issued a profits warning due to rising fuel costs, nobody is going to take money away from the company that it is entitled to (i.e. you are not existing crew, nor are you friends or family of existing crew).

If you want easyJet travel concessions, join the company, if you don't want to join the company don't expect our concessions!