PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Cabin Crew - Wannabees & Recruitment

TightSlot
13th Aug 2007, 12:00
Please use the forum SEARCH function for previous threads on this subject - Your question may have been answered already

smileyface
19th Aug 2007, 22:41
how did everyone go at the afternoon tea?

anyone heard anything yet?

smartalec888
20th Aug 2007, 08:40
I thought mine went well, but I don't want to jinx it. How did yours go?

smileyface
20th Aug 2007, 08:49
no idea, did you hear anything today?

bummer that we might be put on a hold file!!

smartalec888
21st Aug 2007, 06:05
I've been asked to complete medical and CHC, how about you?

smileyface
21st Aug 2007, 22:35
SAME! :)

dont want to jinx it but pending positive results are we pretty much guaranteed a position?

Regionalgirl
22nd Aug 2007, 00:37
Me too!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited! I think things are looking very good for us!!!!:D:D:D:D:D
Congrats to you all!!!!:ok:

smartalec888
22nd Aug 2007, 06:01
I wish I knew which people you were, I'm guessing that my screename gives it away.

smileyface
26th Aug 2007, 22:00
ok so ive sent off my medical and security checks.....

anyone have any idea how long they normal take to let you know if you've been sucessful?

how are you guys going with all that?

regionalgirl-do you fly at the mo?

Regionalgirl
27th Aug 2007, 02:20
I did my medical & sent off my ASIC application. I think we are going to have a long wait ahead!!!:eek:

smartalec888
27th Aug 2007, 05:54
From what I've heard CHC take 4-6weeks to process via Auscheck. I'm a current ASIC holder and I can't just transfer it, have to go through process again. I sent off my CHC and Medical last week.

airline.girl
5th Sep 2007, 22:24
i have been reading lots of threads but this is my first post!

another newbie from the newcastle recruitment, I sent off everything so quickly and am now getting so annoyed with the long wait :( oh well!

i guess its prob stupid to ask if anyone has heard anything at all??

hey smartalec check your priv msgs!

Regionalgirl
6th Sep 2007, 08:12
No news is good news! It can take up to 6 weeks to get your ASIC cleared sometimes even months if you have lived overseas, so stop stressing (I know it's hard!).:ugh:

Regionalgirl
18th Sep 2007, 06:55
Happy! Happy! Happy! Just got through with Jetstar (on hold anyways!). Did anyone else get the good news?:ok:

airline.girl
18th Sep 2007, 10:58
I got the email today saying I was successful and on the active hold file, you get the same email mentioning the ground school Feb 08?

Sounds good!!! I Hope everyone else got the email :) lol im ready to start moving there now!!!

keep in touch regional girl! :O

Regionalgirl
18th Sep 2007, 11:02
Yep same email! Congrats! I'm so excited! Keep in touch!:D

smartalec888
19th Sep 2007, 02:12
I got the same email, Feb 08 ground school. I guess I'll just have to sit tight.

PattyStacker
20th Sep 2007, 08:08
So all of you that have been accepted into the holding pool,,,, where will your bases be...

futureflier
20th Sep 2007, 10:41
congrats to all the new recruits!
I've just got my visa issues settled and looking into applying for a job with JQ but what I want to know is, how much customer service experience/sales experience do they look for?
I've been a chef for the past few years by the way!
thanks in advance!

Regionalgirl
21st Sep 2007, 03:32
NTL Bases. JQ just held a recruitment day @ SYD, has anyone got any news from the day?

Regionalgirl
21st Sep 2007, 03:38
Airlines usually like at least 3-5 years customer service experience, but I have known people from all backgrounds break into the industry (even a mechanic!). Your experience as a chef will probaly look good because as a chef you have to communicate in a team environment. Good luck!!!:)

futureflier
21st Sep 2007, 07:13
thanks for that! I guess its worth giving it a shot..you'll never know!
I'll be taking my RSA next week and possibly the first aid after that!

futureflier
5th Oct 2007, 22:28
Have just sent in my application for domestic cc yesterday! wish me luck! Does anyone know when they'd be recruiting for the Sydney base?..as that was my choice and they were only accepting interest

another question, to those of you from the Cairns base, how is it like living there??

thanks!:O

smileyface
6th Oct 2007, 00:25
I was invited to a recruitment day for the Sydney Base in Sept. I dont know how often they recruit but I dont think they would again in the next couple of months. but who knows really. sorry!

futureflier
6th Oct 2007, 03:43
thats alright, i'm giving it a few months anyway! I was quite sure it wasn't going to happen overnight!
can I just ask how much is the salary when you just start?... I've been told that once you get all the commissions and what not, its anywhere around $37-39k a year...is that true or a bit far fetched?:confused:

Want2Fly!
6th Oct 2007, 09:41
Futureflier, I've been invited to an Assessment Centre for Melbourne/Avalon Dual Base on Tuesday 16 October, so I can safely say that they're recruiting for MEL right now.

And if they're holding more assessment centres after mine then mayyybe you may have a chance with MEL, if you're prepared to give it a try and move here if you're successful. Did you put MEL down as one of your other preferences?

Good luck on hearing back anyhow! ;)

PattyStacker
6th Oct 2007, 13:57
Futureflier , I have been with JQ for a couple of years now and I have never earned less than $45K.

It is hard to tell but stick the the base and it can only get better!

futureflier
6th Oct 2007, 14:01
want2fly > i did put Melbourne as my third preference after Sydney and Cairns...purely because I wasn't too keen on the dual base! But anyway see what happens!

pattystacker> oh thanks for clearing that! At least I have a rough idea now!

msmelbourne
7th Oct 2007, 04:10
just sent in application to jetstar for melb via their web address and sent postal note for application fee on fri how long would it be to hear if successful and what are they looking for. this is my first posting and new to this forum

airline.girl
7th Oct 2007, 10:22
Futureflier- if you want to be considered for an assessment day in MEL you will have to apply direct to the job advertisement on the website-just because you have a general application in doesnt mean they will send you information for all your preferences. You can apply via the website and will have to pay the application fee -just thought I'd make sure you knew!!

dyal1
7th Oct 2007, 12:32
hey everyone

i applied with jetstar a while ago but didnt even know until today that they were actually advertising for cc melb base on their website, so kind of kicking myself :(, but i applied and paid the fee.

althought it states that the closing date is the 11th Oct, i see that people have already recieved invites to the 16th Oct assessment day. does this mean all the invites have already gone out or should i still have some hope?

any ideas?:confused:

futureflier
7th Oct 2007, 13:35
oh gosh ... thanks airline.girl! I didn't know it worked that way!

That aside, since I put Syd as my first preference, would they contact me if they were recruiting in Syd or do I just have to check the website everyday till they are recruiting in Syd and I put in another application?
If not, then what does the general application do?

Nanock
8th Oct 2007, 00:34
Hi everyone,

I've applied for Jetstar Longhaul MEL Base. Is there anyone out there who already works for them that could fill me in?... what the base is like?.. trips?.. salary?.. anything...

Would appreciate any response.
Thanks! Nanock.xo

msmelbourne
8th Oct 2007, 02:54
Hi
I have also applied for Jetstar dom and long haul and have lived in melb all my life. Don't know much inside info as i am trying to be offered a interview and position but tullamarine aiport is great.

jqboy
8th Oct 2007, 05:21
nanock,
i have replied to your post on another website that you also posted it. i think ihave answered most of your questions let me know if you need more info.

Lufthansa
8th Oct 2007, 06:47
Hi Guys

Couple of Questions for you SE Qld crew base folk out there. Firstly, how big is your crew base in BNE/OOL/Sunshine coast?

Next is I'm curious to know if any of you know a young flight attendent named Troy. Last Wed my father was being an asshole after lots and lots and lots of delays and Mr Troy did a simply excellent job of taking care of the situation. The public can be difficult and it's even worse when you're related to one of the people who seem to think they're the only person in the whole world. As such, I'd like to Invite him to come and eat my restaurant for free sometime as a thank you. So anybody there know him? Blond... looks mid to late 20s?

Thanks for your help

LH

airline.girl
8th Oct 2007, 22:40
hey Futureflier as far as I know they will let you know when they are recruiting for Syd because it is your first preference But will only email you for them. but who really knows how the recruiting system works!!
When you apply to specific bases you don't have to fill out a whole new application, just a couple of questions and pay a fee, so your general application is still used in this process.- does that make sense?

My only advice is to check the website often and you never know what might turn up-I ended up applying for Newcastle!

good luck!

futureflier
9th Oct 2007, 00:51
thanks airline.girl!

I guess I now have to put up the recruitment website on my favorites list so I can check it daily!
Quite mind boggling how the system works! :p

flight04
9th Oct 2007, 05:11
Hey Guys, I've been with jetstar seq base for over 3 years. My 1st year of flying I earned 48k 2nd year 51k 3rd year 57k. I'm not a cabin manager either. If you stick to the bigger bases like bne syd & melb you will earn more than the out port bases.

To Luthansa, I'm 110% sure the person your talking about is a good friend of mine named Tony. Not troy. He's a great guy.. pm me for more info.

Cheers guys.

Bla_Bla
9th Oct 2007, 23:46
want2fly!
hey there. i have also been invited to an assessment day for mel/avalon dual base, but mine is on wednesday 17th.
do u know what to expect at all ???
many thks and good luck on tuesday 16th.

to all of you out there interested in applying for Jetstar note that the general application via the website = not much really . you have to keep on checking pretty much on a daily basis when and where they will be recruiting and than apply specifically for that base. the general info u have there as well as prefered base doesnt mean much at all. i for example have put cns as my orefered base but got an interview for melb base next week, only becasue i applied for that specific base. not sure if it helps at all. but puting down your prefered base doesnt mean that you will get an interview when/if they r recruiting for that base.
Good luck to you all in getting an interview and good luck to me on the 17th !!! :p

jqboy
10th Oct 2007, 14:04
Bla Bla,
The recruitment days generally go as follows, the order sometimes changes but the elements remain the same. First up is a bit of a talk about the compnay and the role of crew and what to expect, then hand in forms, one or two group activities, the personality test and the one on one interviews. The days are conducted by management who are all really nice and help you to relax a bit. Then you head home and wait for the call or email to tell you yes or no to moving onto the next stages.
Hope that helps.

smartalec888
12th Oct 2007, 11:56
Does anyone know why JQ-dom are recruiting again for NTL base? Their advertising on their site again, their last CC-recruit for NTL was in Aug. Strange.

flight04
12th Oct 2007, 23:26
Yeh because every keeps leaving haha

resboy
13th Oct 2007, 00:07
NTL is also getting a 2nd aircraft next year sometime which will double the size of the base.

smartalec888
13th Oct 2007, 01:24
I thought they had sufficient numbers from the first recruitment round?

octagonal
14th Oct 2007, 23:01
flight04 what is that you really dislike about the job, for people who are thinking of this as a new career

CCqpuppy
15th Oct 2007, 12:45
Hi Everyone,

It's great to hear ppl who have being invited to the assessment day. I too am invited, and will be attending the wed 17th morning session. Is there anyone else attending the same session? I am really nervous about it. I'm usually ok with interviews, however when it comes to CC assessment interview days I get really worried.

If anyone who attended the Tue 16th session, pls do give us an overview of what happened. :p

msmelbourne
23rd Oct 2007, 07:58
I applied for melb dom and long haul together and paid $30. I did not get and interview for domestic and now waiting for a reply to be or not to be invited to interview for long haul Has anyone who else applied for long haul being invited to interview? Good Luck to all

CCqpuppy
24th Oct 2007, 05:10
msmelbourne:

I've applied for both as well. I got to the final interview for domestic but still got knocked back. I also am waiting for the Long Haul application to reply back.
Good thing is, got the word from the recruiters that the Short and Long Haul interview are not related. Hence if you fail for short, it does not mean you wont be able to make long haul.
So fingers cross...

Oh yeah msnmelbourne.. there is the Emirate assessment day this Saturday.. will you be attending??

msmelbourne
24th Oct 2007, 06:35
Thanks for replying to my post. Could you fill me in with any info about interview. I only starting applying to airlines in Sept and had first interview with Rex but didnt make it also. I would love to apply to emirates but have family so I need to be Melb based, I do hope my age in trying to enter this field wont handicap me to much. I am 45 .

Regionalgirl
24th Oct 2007, 09:01
Hey Ms Melbourne!!
Don't worry about your age! I've known quite a few people who have started who are well into their 40's. Alot of airlines actually like applicants who are more mature, especially regional airlines where you have alot more responsibility (maybe not DJ). Keep your chin up, it took me a few recruitment days to get through. Alot don't get through until their 8+ try! Good luck!!:O:O:O:O:O:O

octagonal
24th Oct 2007, 20:28
regional girl are you with Jetstar I have PM you some quetsions about agreement if you can help that would be great.

jettart
25th Oct 2007, 21:40
I have received an invitation for the Cabin Crew assesment Centre this comming Thursday. Is anybody else attending? I would like to ask a couple of questions,
1. What can you expect during the assesment centre
2. What type of flying do you do from the MEL base
3. What is the base salary for when you start flying and what would the monthly take home pay be approx after tax.
4.Does anybody know when the new group is anticipated to go through?
5. Is there are very long waiting period from Jetstar saying yes to the time you start training (possible waitlist)
I hope current long haul Jetstar crew can help out here. Any information would be great if anybody has gone through any longhaul assesment centres. Thanks in advance guys:)

futureflier
26th Oct 2007, 04:34
Hey guys! Just to tell all you J* Sydney hopefuls that they are now recruiting for domestic crew for an active hold list for ground school in 2008!
Applications close mid-Nov, so don't miss out! Good luck everyone!
I've submitted in my application and paid the $15! Heres hoping for the best! :ok:

sharz87
28th Oct 2007, 10:04
hey guys!
just wondering if anyone out there can help me with some advice!
i'm currently working as a flight attendant for REX ( Regional Express) but have been offered a job wif jet*.. however i dont know if i should make the move because ive been reallly looking forward to trying to get into VB! From what ive heard jetstar cabin crew don't do over nites and hence the pay sounds slightly less than that of VB!
can any jet* cc out there inform me of what the pay and working conditions are really like??

So should i make the move to JQ or hang out and try my luck at VB?

Much thanks. =)

JQGIRL
30th Oct 2007, 09:24
Have you been offered Domestic or International? Where will you be based.

MELNTL
30th Oct 2007, 10:16
Howdy!
Ill be doing the afternoon session from 1330
What session are you doing?

smartalec888
30th Oct 2007, 11:36
Has anyone noticed the onboard announcements of advertising of JQ CC positions?

smartalec888
30th Oct 2007, 11:42
So here's my understanding of JQ recruiting. There will be a large influx of a/c next year so they need to have all recruitment and all activehold lists completed now ready to start training schools for the new a/c. They do this as a/c delivery date can be (and is usually) delayed, so there is little purpose of having trained/certified crew just sitting in the crew room as this costs the company money and time.

On the other side they need to have crew trained and ready to operate that a/c almost ASAP as its servicable, as an a/c sitting there is wasting money in potential revenue/pax yeild and airport corporation fees.

So for any newbies expecting an almost immediate start, maybe think again and think maybe a couple/few months away.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Troll Doll Down Unde
30th Oct 2007, 12:26
Hi MELNTL......Are you currently an employee of JQ NTL and if so how come you want to go long haul????? Is it because of the money or the overnights?????
I am also going for the same interview and time as you so good luck with the process.

octagonal
30th Oct 2007, 22:54
I had interview Sept and afternoon tea Oct and offered job for traing to start 19th November. Are you saying once your trained you will be on hold?

smartalec888
31st Oct 2007, 08:35
No i'm not saying that. If your in training your an asset to the company so you will start working/flying as soon as your checked to line (as soon as groundschool finishes). I'm was referring to other recruitment days, alot of them have been recently placed on active hold lists which can last up to 12months.

A320 galleybitch
1st Nov 2007, 04:43
Thats rich coming from someone who chose to go and work for Tiger!!!!

The reason Jetstar is advertising on board, is because we are growing rather quick. We have a **** load of new aircraft on the way!!!

Besides, if I had a dollar for everytime one of my passengers asked me what the job is like and how to apply, I would be rich.

So take your stinkin Tiger opinion and post it on your own thread!

smartalec888
1st Nov 2007, 04:48
This is what confuses me, if they're so desperate for crew why place successful applicants on active hold lists? :ugh:

A320 galleybitch
1st Nov 2007, 06:26
Your situation, Smartalec, as you may well know is: NTL is expecting to receive 1 of the new aircraft. They dont have it yet!!! They are due to get it mid next year. If you are that keen on starting any earlier, come to a base where we need crew. Ring HR and tell them you want to go to Sydney or MDB. Simple

Chris21
1st Nov 2007, 06:47
Already work for DJ and thinking its time for a change. Is there any chance that you can apply for a transfer from short-haul to long-haul after a waiting period?

A320 galleybitch
1st Nov 2007, 07:01
Chris

If you were to get a job with JQ domestic and then wanted to go Int'l, you would have to go through the interview process again!!! However, you could possibly have a better chance than others, seeing as you already work for the company. Plus, you would be working for the qantas group, full time and would get all perks qf staff get. And there is also career progression to QF, even though this might take some time.

PattyStacker
1st Nov 2007, 07:57
Of course JQ is desperate for staff. So is Qantas , Virgin and all carriers at the moment. We are all growing and a couple of people to open doors in emergencies.

Let's face it JQ don't give you a kiss and cuddle each time you walk in the door so I guess there will always be high turnover. The grass is always greener on the otherside apparently so lots of people move on, get part time, career progression so there will always be vacancies needed to be filled.

And we need new faces to keep the old and cranky ones like me on our toes.... Good Luck to all:}

smileyface
1st Nov 2007, 10:36
A320 galleybitch (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=181334) is the NTL aircraft really not expected till mid next year?
damn.....

It really doesn't phase me whether or not im in NTL or SYD they are so close to each other. So you think its worth being swapped to the SYD hold file?
does anyone know if they have any dates for SYD ground schools?

fasparrow
2nd Nov 2007, 12:21
Hello Octagonal.....I'm on the 19th Nov training course too. Don't think we'll be sitting on our butts after training. They did inform us that they'll be loaning aircraft from QF until they receive the new aircraft. See ya there! :ok:

JQGIRL
2nd Nov 2007, 22:43
Hi there. . . .

I went for interview for Jetstar Mel Dom on the 18th oct, did my medical over a week ago and was just wondering if anyone knew how long it look for them to advise the outcome??

Anyone else waiting??

smartalec888
4th Nov 2007, 09:13
I am on the Mel active hold file, I transfered from the NTL to MEL hold file as soon as I found out about the a/c arriving in July.

blokehostie
5th Nov 2007, 04:39
I agree. Very weird indeed!

fasparrow
5th Nov 2007, 11:16
I suppose if Virgin Blue did the same kind advertising onboard, everyone
would say that was very innovative of them???? :ugh:

jettart
11th Nov 2007, 22:25
Hi guys,

How did everybody go with their Jetstar Interview. Has anybody got to the medical stage.

If your get through does anybody know if you are based in Melbourne International if you do your tarining in Melbourne or do you do some training in Sydney. Any info would be great.

jetaway
12th Nov 2007, 03:09
All you wannabe Jetstar crew that have been interviewed recently and have or about to accept employment with Jetstar please read over the material that they are going to send you with a fine tooth comb. Very crediable information coming down that you will be offered an AWA (even for JQ domestic) and you'll be paid much much less than the current EBA and be required to work longer duty hours than those employees covered by the EBA. There is also a rumor which I don't know how reliable it is but that travel benefits will not be offered under the new AWA either. Just make sure that you read over contracts sent out to you very very carefully before you decide to leave your current employment.

octagonal
12th Nov 2007, 05:34
Whats your agreement and what salary is the base in it, we need facts please.

fasparrow
12th Nov 2007, 10:52
Jetaway, are you currently employed by Jetstar or are you a wannabee???
Would like to know where on earth you got that from and which basing are you talking about??
As for travel benefits, they are currently on offer, complete with forms. When you have some real facts....do share!

Want2Fly!
12th Nov 2007, 12:21
Hi guys, :)

I got a phone call last Friday from Jetstar congratulating me on getting through the recruitment process (which began with an October 16 assessment centre) and offering me a position as Domestic Cabin Crew based in Melbourne Dual Base - YAYY!!! :} A dream come true to finally be offered a job as a flight attendant! Commence training on December 10.

And I received a pack from JQ today in the mail with my offer of employment, agreement, training information, application for Qantas ID card, SYD T2 access card, MEL staff car park application form, etc. the list goes on...

For my own sake, and maybe that of others, to see if my pay or travel benefits differ to that of current JQ domestic crew under the EBA (as pointed out by jetaway), I'll mention a few things; the base salary I've been given is $32,500 (reviewed annually) with additional domestic flying allowance of $11.40 per hour of block time.

And as for travel benefits, well I couldn't find anything in the whole agreement regarding that apart from a section called 'discretionary benefits' which stated; "You may be eligible for concessional travel in accordance with the Team Jetstar policy that applies at the time of travel. Employee concessional travel is a privilege that may be withdrawn or varied by Team Jetstar at any time."

Also, are all current JQ domestic cabin crew actually employed by "Team Jetstar Pty Ltd"? In my offer it explained that Team Jetstar is a subsidiary company of Jetstar Airways Pty Ltd and has been chosen to supply flight attendants to its client Jetstar Airways. That almost sounds like MAM supplying to Qantas :hmm: (even though I know MAM isn't owned by Qantas nor is it full-time employment like in this case).

Jetaway, octagonal, fasparrow, what do you make of this?

jetaway
12th Nov 2007, 21:26
Hi want2fly. Those are the new terms that I'm talking about. "Team Jetstar" is exactly like MAM only you've been given full time employment with none of the benefits.

Have you found a section on sick leave and annual leave? They should be much less if any from rumors.
For those cabin crew who started line training last week their base salary is under the EBA and currently 39,500 per month and additional hours are paid at 23.40 per hour. They also will enjoy 6 weeks of annual leave and 15 days sick leave with 6 additional ERTI days per year. I don't believe Team Jetstar will be offering you such conditions.

I believe you will be flying more hours than the regular Jetstar employees and in fact don't have an option to run out of hour like the other employees. If a plane develops a mechanical you'll have to stay with it while the others may finish their legal hours and leave the aircraft.

Oh and the Travel benefits will be at the discretion of your supervisor. If you apply for travel on Jetstar your supervisor based on your performance can approve staff travel for yourself only and only on Jetstar.

While I can't see Virgin ever impossing these slave labour like conditions or wanting to cause so much faction between two sets of crews operating the same aircraft I'm not so sure that one day Tiger won't implement something of the sort. However at the moment they don't have plans to do so.

It's all about choice with Jetstar and if you choose to accept this postion good on you, but just be prepared for long days as well as less days off than regular Jetstar employees and being paid close to 1/2 as much.

With crews overworked and unhappy I say good luck to Jetstar ever winning the Best Cabin Crew award again. I'd say they'll finish bottom of the list next year. ON YA JETSTAR

octagonal
12th Nov 2007, 23:40
Want2fly I didnt receive those conditions i got 2006 agreement with what looks like forms for staff travel benefits included. I start training on Monday 19th November.

QF skywalker
13th Nov 2007, 03:09
Is Team Jetstar a wholly owned subsidiary of JQ ? Or does it have a seperate owner i.e - Maurice Alexander.

This is the first I have heard of Team Jetstar, and quite frankly I am extremely disturbed.

Want2Fly!
13th Nov 2007, 06:10
QF skywalker, it said in my offer of employment; "You are being offered employment as a Cabin Crew member with Team Jetstar Pty Limited (Team Jetstar) a subsidiary company of Jetstar Airways Pty Limited (Jetstar Airways). Team Jetstar has been chosen to supply flight attendants to Jetstar Airways Pty Ltd. The airline industry is an exciting, dynamic and highly competitive industry. Team Jetstar will play an important role in ensuring the long term success of Jetstar Airways. If you accept the enclosed offer of employment you will be employed to operate on Jetstar aircraft and flights."

So yes it looks like Team Jetstar is a fully-owned subsidiary, not like in the case of MAM which is independent and not owned by Qantas Group. And the difference here is that it is full-time employment as opposed to casual with MAM.

Jetaway, with regards to sick leave and annual leave; it says I'd be entitled to 228 hours of annual leave per year (notionally 30 days), which I take that to be 6 weeks. A notional day is 7.6 hours, if that's of any use. There's also 76 hours of personal/carer's leave, and 2 days paid compassionate leave. So it doesn't sound like the leave entitlements are much different, if at all.

Then in regards to roster periods and hours; (not sure which figure is the important one so all list each of them) planned duty hours will be either- A) up to 152 hours plus reasonable additional hours, rostered over a 28 day period; or B) up to 164.67 hours plus reasonable additional hours, rostered over a calendar month; or C) some other arrangement of 1976 ordinary hours averaged over 12 months plus reasonable additional hours. Overtime paid for hours in excess of these stated duty hours it says will be paid at time and a half of the base hourly rate of pay... So how do these hours compare to the current crew on the EBA?

If this IS infact a new way of hiring crew, under "Team Jetstar" with less pay and conditions/benefits, then I am quite disappointed that JQ is now heading down this track and to be honest I can't help but feel a bit "jibbed" :( - especially knowing that I am going to be the first intake of crew under this new agreement (seeing as octagonal says he/she is under EBA for the 19 Nov. crew intake).

But at the end of the day, I've still got a job as a flight attendant staring me in the face and I'm not going to turn it down (a case of 'beggars can't be choosers') - it is still more pay than what I'm getting in my current job, and income has always been a secondary consideration for me (at this point in my life), with my primary consideration being that I'd be doing it for love of the job and to be flying for a living. :ok:

If this is the agreement I'm going to be working under, I wonder how much of it, if any of it will actually be negotiable at any point? :confused: Such as the travel benefits - will that be something openly negotiable with my supervisor/manager?

QF skywalker
13th Nov 2007, 06:22
a case of 'beggars can't be choosers'

Don't ever think you are a beggar in this industry, especially not now where recruitment drives run 365 days of the year - especially in the case of Jetstar. Times have changed from when people like myself & other long term pprune members 7-8 years ago would beg beg beg and wait 12months at a time just to wait for the day ansett,kendall,flight west,eastern or qantas would recruit.

Just because you desperately want a job in this industry, don't sell yourself short for the crap offer TEAM JETSTAR are trying to offer. They are the people begging. Do you want to be fatigued after your 3rd month flying ? Dream come true ....right ?

Speak to JQ recruitment and find out why you are not being hired by JQ directly and if you can go on a waitlist to be hired by them, not the subsidiary company.

An airline who makes recruitment P.A's on their flights are the ones begging, so find out more before you sign - I 'beg' you.

PattyStacker
13th Nov 2007, 06:48
Are you ALL talking about JQ Domestic or JQ International with this whole Team Jetstar...

152 hours over 28 days is for long haul...

Here at JQ domestic we are on monthly rosters...

Just trying to claryify

MsTiger
13th Nov 2007, 08:49
FYI Here are the business details of team jetstar. It did not take long for them to copy (and undercut I may add) other operations pay and conditions.

The company changed its name on 8 November 2007. Used to be called Impulse communications. I would say part of the old impulse airlines? Just a guess. Maybe some JQ crew could comment?

ABN: 64 003 901 353
View current ABN details (http://www.abr.business.gov.au/%28zzwttn45ofavgj45jq1ndyft%29/abnDetails.aspx?abn=64003901353&ResultListURL=search.aspx%25 3fSearchRequest%253dteam%25252bjetstar%25255e%25252c1%25252c 0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c1%25252c0%25252c0%25 252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c%25252c0 %2526start%253d0)

Last modified: 09 Nov 2007 ABN status From To Active 16 Mar 2000(current) Entity names From To TEAM JETSTAR PTY LIMITED08 Nov 2007(current) IMPULSE COMMUNICATIONS PTY LIMITED01 Jun 200008 Nov 2007 IMPULSE COMMUNICATIONS PTY LTD16 Mar 200001 Jun 2000 Entity type Australian Private Company (http://www.abr.business.gov.au/%28zzwttn45ofavgj45jq1ndyft%29/entityTypeDetails.aspx?SearchText=19&ReturnURL=abnDetails.aspx%253fabn%253d64003901353&ResultListURL=search.aspx%253fSearchRequest%253dteam%25252bj etstar%25255e%25252c1%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c 0%25252c1%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25 252c0%25252c0%25252c%25252c0%2526start%253d0) Main business locations From To NSW 202011 Feb 2002(current) Trading name(s) From To IMPULSE COMMUNICATIONS PTY LTD21 Apr 2000(current)

Want2Fly!
13th Nov 2007, 09:44
QF skywalker, I hear what you're saying and I realise that recruiting is happening pretty much non-stop at both JQ and DJ at the moment because of the need for crew as they expand their fleets over the coming year(s). But I don't see the harm in me accepting this position, at least for now, until I get a better offer from another airline or until September next year comes around when I can reapply for Virgin Blue (I went to a VRD on Sept 27th of this year and wasn't successful).

Or I may choose to stay with JQ depending on how it all goes and how I feel about my time there. I've heard from a few current cabin crew that it's not all doom-and-gloom as made out by some, and that they are happy in their jobs at JQ - not that they speak for everyone, but I think everyone expects different things when they go into a job like this.

I do fully intend to ring Jetstar in the next few days and enquire about this though, now that I've got a bit of a heads-up from you guys that I've been offered pay and conditions that differ to the current crew. I'll re-affirm to them that I do intend to accept the position still, but would like to know the details about staff travel benefits and how my leave entitlements and pay will differ to existing crew. There's obviously no amount of negotiating or bargaining with them that will change any of those terms or conditions though I'm assuming - so I'd be simply investigating everything a bit more.

As I said, accepting this will be a payrise over my current job and flying as cabin crew would be way more enjoyable than making coffees and scanning groceries. :O And this would at least let me gain airline experience to arm myself with when possibly being interviewed for other airline opportunities that may come up; Virgin, Emirates, etc.

I'll let you guys know if I find out any more about the details of all this when I put in the call to Jetstar.

Btw, PattyStacker, this Team Jetstar stuff we're talking about is referring to Domestic. My position is for Melbourne Dual Base. And if 152 hours over 28 days is what International is getting and they're on AWAs then clearly that's the way Domestic is headed too. :ugh: Not sure how many hours current domestic crew are rostered under the EBA - can anyone let me know?

fasparrow
13th Nov 2007, 11:21
I'm on the same Training start date as Octagonal and my Offer of Employment is by Jetstar Airways, this is for Syd base domestic. I have the same paperwork as Octagonal, which includes the Staff Travel nomination form and info. Staff Travel is offered for Jetstar and the rest of the Qantas group. I understand that our hours are 140 over 1 month.
Maybe the info you guys have received is for Mel only???

priapism
13th Nov 2007, 20:34
Want2fly,

good job on posting this info and asking for advice in this forum. Many others will unfortunately sign on blindly , thinking they are being offered exactly what existing Jetstar crew are currently getting.

It is a harsh agreement with a lot more duty hours for a lot less money. You will need your 10 days a year sick leave - and will be probably harassed by some rabid manager who has a "sick leave management" KPI to fill. .

What about minimum rest provisions etc etc. ? - are those the same as the non "Team Jetstar" employees.

I would raise the matter with Jetstar and tell them you would prefer DIRECT employment with Jetstar . It would be interesting to hear the reply.

Do it if you like ,but actively pursue employment with the Virgin Group whilst you still have the energy to do so.

I attended an Ansett F/A reunion on the weekend and the crew that have gone to Jetstar were fed up and disenfranchised already. Those with Virgin, and there were many, were pretty happy with their lot regarding pay , culture and conditions.

Just my observations.

blokehostie
13th Nov 2007, 20:44
If only people weren't so stupid to accept sub-standard pay and conditions then companies would have no option but to offer something more 'reasonable'!!!!!!!!!

Want2Fly, with all due respect, you WILL be burned out very very quickly doing those hours. The current limit for JQ domestic is 140hours per calendar month and already crew are struggling. Operating over 10 hour shifts with 4 crew, no breaks, constant pressure to go, go, go(take shortcuts if you have to!!!) etc...
Add to that the fact that you are going to a dual base, depending on where you live you can add a substantial drive to and from work!!

Surely you aren't that desperate to do this job?? It might just not be all you think it is!

Can I just say though Want2Fly, that is all just my opinion of course, thankyou for at least sharing the info you have, that is appreciated.

JQGIRL
13th Nov 2007, 21:11
Hi Want2fly,

Maybe it's possible that they have sent you the 'international' contract in error. It's worth giving them a call just to double check.

futureflier
14th Nov 2007, 01:03
Pardon my ignorance but with $32500 per annum and flying allowance of $11.40/hour ... how much roughly would you be getting per month? Even with 152 hours a month its still looking pretty low isn't it?

I'm not liking this route JQ has chosen to go!!

sharz87
14th Nov 2007, 02:06
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to say quick thanks for all your informative and interesting discussions!
A few weeks ago I was trying 2 decide weather to take a job at jetstar which I had been offered or 2 stay at my current place of employment ( REX) and wait out to try and get in2 somewhere like virgin!
I was offered a job with jetstar ( which would have been under the "team jetstar" agreement) I had a strong feeling just from the interview that the "conditions" wouldn’t be great and I guess after my own detailed research but also after readings everyone’s discussions on here I have been able to confirm my suspicions.

Soo I have finally made the decision 2 stay with REX (which the lifestyle at the pay is pretty good at the moment! =) and try my luck in getting into virgin in the near future!

Soo thanks all for your much needed insight and advice. =)

Also good luck to all those jetstar wannabes and newbies :P
Just please make sure you go into the job informed.. I was soo lucky having previous airline experience I was able to walk into the interview and be not be so objective to some of the conditions that were discussed. Many people were sitting there nodding thinking that 140hours per calendar month, operating over 10 hour shifts ( the average day being around 9hrs something) with 4 crew ( a cut down from the previous 5 crew I think it was) was OK!!!!.. But in reality guys it would be damm hard work!!!!
I’m sure it can’t all be bad and some JQ crew must really enjoy their job.
I guess all I can say, especially to those who have never flown before is that even if it is your dream please proceed caution and inform yourself with what you are really getting yourself into!! Giving up your weekends, overtime and public holiday rates is one thing, but burning yourself out from being overworked is another!

Skygal
14th Nov 2007, 02:09
Hi guys,

I am contemplating taking a JQ domestic Sydney base and am just wondering if there are any overnites out of that base? I am currently flying for an airline where we get about 11 overnites a month and the pay is pretty good...but really wanting to relocate back to syd....With all the allowances and base pay what would the annual income be?? Sorry for all the questions but just very curious....

thanks everyone...

Want2Fly!
14th Nov 2007, 02:50
Priapism, I could tell them that I'd prefer direct employment with Jetstar and to be hired under the same pay and conditions as current crew but I highly doubt that will get me anywhere. :rolleyes: There's every chance that there'll be no more hiring direct to Jetstar now that they have the Team Jetstar subsidiary set up with an AWA ready to go. If I were Jetstar, looking at this from a business perspective, there's no way I'd grant one new recruit the EBA pay/conditions just cause he asked, lol.

As for minimum rest periods and the duty hour limitations for a single day; a friend of mine who is JQ CC was asking me last night what it had in my contract about that and I actually couldn't find ANYTHING that referred to that at all! :suspect: Surely there'd have to be something in writing about that. According to him the max duty in one day is 9 hours and then after that you're paid overtime, and minimum rest period is 12 hours for a duty under 9:45 hrs and 14 hours if over 9:45 hrs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Blokehostie, I can see what you're saying about everyone accepting sub-standard pay and conditions and that if more people actually rejected this then the airline may not get away with it so easily, but there's not enough people willing to reject the job to put up enough of a protest to the airline. So I'm not going to be one of the few who denies myself the job. :bored:

I probably come across super-naieve at this point, but I haven't experienced what this kind of workload is going to be like or how I'm going to handle it - but if it becomes too much at some point and I simply can't work myself that hard any more well then I can resign and try another airline. At the moment any cabin crew job is better than none, only because I'm not coming from a high-paying job already - if I was then I'd have more to consider or weigh-up.

JQGIRL, it'd be nice to think they've simply sent me the wrong agreement in error, but it's clearly a contract for Domestic as the location states Melbourne/Avalon Dual Base.

Futureflier, in the section where it talked about the flying allowance as an additional payment it gave an example where out of approximately 120 duty hours an average of 89 block hours would be worked, and for every block hour the $11.40 per hour flying allowance applies. Going by that example, there's an additional $1014.60 per month. Adding that to the base salary gives me $44,675. That doesn't sound too bad to me, the downer to all this is the amount of hours I think, not so much the pay.

indamiddle
14th Nov 2007, 03:40
fatigue is an issue everyone has to address, some people handle it better than others. think how your rostered days off will be, will they be just for recovery or will u be able to enjoy some of this time off. over 140 hours sounds extraordinary.
unless things have changed in the last 15 years the ability to use staff travel was a huge incentive, either domestically or internationally, whether the qf group or other carriers. due to the huge fuel surcharges many staff now travel other airlines who don't hit u up for these surcharges as qf do (they buy z fare tickets on other airlines). try to find out if team jetstar has an agreement for interline (other carriers) travel. if staff travel is at mgt discretion they could be leaving themselves open to a dicrimination case if one crew is granted a particular staff travel but not to others.
last point (of many) is overnights are great fun, getting off the plane and having a drink with fellow workers. this is where u really get to know the people u r working with. jetstar has very very few of these trips, usually starting and finishing at your home base. things seem a lot different re this at virgin blue

JQGIRL
14th Nov 2007, 06:20
Want2Fly,

Maybe it might pay to contact to FAAA, to see what they have to say about this. Just to confirm with them that this is the road Jetstar are now taking. . . . what to you have to loose??

PattyStacker
14th Nov 2007, 06:41
WOW.

Found out today from the powers that be that the NEW crew will be on AWA and the old crew on EBA.

OLD v NEW . Pretty much the beginning of B scale.
OLD crew and new crew hours will be different with OLD crew on Monthly rosters and new crew on 28 day rostered.

Going to be very interesting..

To the crew out there coming over. The crew are JQ are great and we do work our little butts off BUT the upper management are another thing. I choose not to speak to them for fear of a police record.

JQ GIRL.. the FAAA know all about it.

resboy
14th Nov 2007, 07:53
planned duty hours will be either- A) up to 152 hours plus reasonable additional hours, rostered over a 28 day period; or B) up to 164.67 hours plus reasonable additional hours, rostered over a calendar month; or C) some other arrangement of 1976 ordinary hours averaged over 12 months plus reasonable additional hours

Option B will probably prevail ... it would be absolute mayhem having some crew on monthy rosters and others on 28 day rosters

my question is ... who gets call first on a live day ... "contract crew" don't fit into the call out procedures as outlined in the EBA ... whats to stop "Team Jetstar" crew been called ahead of EBA crews for reserve?

blokehostie
14th Nov 2007, 09:40
Want2Fly, unfortunately I agree with you, if you don't take it up someone else will!!! That is the problem all the time, even with crewing calling crew on days off. They ask you to do 4 sectors, you say no.......some ******** says yes!!!

Good luck though, you obviously really want to fly.

Resboy, you raise a good point. One guess what they'll do.

Hopefully as they need more and more crew for the imminent arrival of more aircraft crew will realise working for jokestar is just that, a joke and will leave. Maybe VB will see the benefit of hiring more JQ crew...............

trollydolly84
14th Nov 2007, 21:34
Hi Guys,

I am currently a JQ hostie in sydney. I've been reading about this 'Team Jetstar'. I am actually not surprised at all that this would be coming.

I just wanted to say to you new recruits under this contract that i feel for you guys. BUT I love my job and if you are passionate about flying, you'll love it too. We have such a great team at Jetstar. I love the people i work with and even with our long working hours, i continue to have so much fun at work.

I understand the staff travel thing is a dissapointment BUT you will meet friends at work that you'll click with. They will become your best friends and they will have staff travel. They can nominate you for 6 months so you can go on holidays together. You yourself can get discounts all over the world with jq id on cruises, hotels, theme parks, the list goes on. It's great to be in the airline industry. Try not to let the AWA get you down, cause it is hard to get into the airlines and you deserve to be congratulated!

I hope you all go in to flying with the excitement i did. Having a good attitude is important in this industry and try to focus on the great job you've wanted for so long.

Good luck with your flying careers!

jetsolo
14th Nov 2007, 23:15
I'm happy that Trolleydolley84 feels the way that she does and has volunteered to become someones best friend and sign them up on her travel benefits. We'll have to wait and see exactly how she feels when they offer her the same conditions. She'd be silly to think that she's not next on the hit list

jqfella
15th Nov 2007, 02:28
Jetstar must be kidding themselves setting up this new company
Imagine how long these kids will last working 170 hrs plus a month
More sick leave !!!!! More resignations . More training costs
Time will tell

ONYA JETSTAR!!!! :D

futureflier
15th Nov 2007, 06:42
A friend of mine got invited to attend a "Team Jetstar - Sydney Base Assessment Centre" and throughout the email they referred to themselves as Team Jetstar so its definitely it and not only for the Melbourne base!
That's a real bummer, considering I really wanted to work with them!!

Want2Fly!
15th Nov 2007, 11:12
TrollyDolly84, thanks for that more positive insight. :) (Everyone else's points are still very valid and trust me I'm taking it all in! :sad:) But I feel more along the lines of what you are saying. I admit that hearing about this new AWA has got me down a little bit, but not enough to dampen the enthusiasm I have for finally starting my flying career! And I have heard the same from a few others about how their colleagues at Jetstar are great to work with and that they still manage to have a lot of fun despite the gruelling hours.

I'm sure the difference between me and a pre-existing crew member under the EBA won't actually be that great once I experience it all on line, besides being worked a bit longer or more often at times.

And futureflier that's quite interesting that your friend's email invite to the assessment centre actually stated it was for "Team Jetstar". :hmm: Because the one I received made NO mention of Team anything. It was all Jetstar and only Jetstar. And at the actual assessment centre there was no mention of any Team Jetstar. The only time they ever seemed to be covering their a**es was when explaining things like hours and salary they'd follow it up by saying "oh but this could all change very soon, we need to wait and see" - which sounded very sus at the time. :suspect: They should have made it clear to us at the time that that was what we were applying for, but they didn't.

Oh well, even though I realise us Team JQ recruits may cop some flak when we get out on line from the current JQ'ers for accepting such an agreement and I guess posing a threat to the contract and conditions they have in place, I still say bring on December 10th! I can't wait to start! :}

trollydolly84
15th Nov 2007, 20:39
Want2fly

I'm glad you are taking on a positive attitude. Believe me, you won't cop any flak from the current crew for signing the contract under those conditions. Yesterday at work the crew were all saying how sorry they felt for you guys. We may sometimes be rude to pax but we look after our own. Hope that makes you feel any better.

PattyStacker
15th Nov 2007, 21:18
WANT2FLY..... If any old crew give you any hassle or flak then they are losers.
The old crew know that there is NOTHING that you can do about our work conditions. The company make the rules and not the crew so enjoy your flying. At the end of the day we all are being crapped on by the same company:}

futureflier
15th Nov 2007, 21:46
I just got the invite to the assessment centre this morning and yes my friend was true about everything being "team Jetstar" and the sign off to the email invitation was
"Team Jetstar Recruitment
International and Domestic Cabin Crew"
(previous emails from them are only "Jetstar recruitment team")

I would like to go for the assessment centre but it's in the first week of December and unfortunately I have to be overseas during that week unless I can work something out and reschedule the trip. After all this waiting and now hearing about the AWA and not being able to make it to the assessment centre is quite depressing! During their recruitment they said the assessment centre would be end of November so I was counting on that...but oh well. Thank god I'm starting a new job next Monday to support me until I finally get to fly....whenever that may be!

ShesGreatintheGalley
16th Nov 2007, 13:23
i first heard about this "Team Jetstar" thing this evening at work (thanks to Trolleydolly84 - ;) )
Firstly - to all the people thinking of accepting this offer - please dont go into this thinking that it will be as great as you think it might. The crew are great at JQ - thats a fact.. but you WILL be worked much harder and longer than existing crew and it will start to wear you all - as someone else mentioned - when we are out of hours and leaving the aircraft you will be the ones staying to crew it home while we end up in the hotel bar.
As TrolleyDolly84 and PattyStacker mentioned - we are all perfectly aware that it wont be your fault for accepting the new agreements and that the company will do what it wants to do regardless of what you (as an individual) choose to do - so i dont think you will cop any flak for your decision.. probably pity and most online crew will more likely have trouble understanding why you have chosen to accept the agreement.
All in all - if you have looked into this seriously and you wholeheartedly believe that this is a better option than what you are currently doing - then embrace it.
If you are currently flying - i wouldnt recommend leaving your flying job for this - but if this is more pay for you and your dream then go for it.. and good luck...

see you on line...

back2front
16th Nov 2007, 14:23
Well lets hope Kevin Rudd is voted into power on November 24th. He has said AWA's will be abolished.

John Howard...you are the weakest link....goodbye

Can't wait until the old rat is gone.

priapism
16th Nov 2007, 23:23
Is team jetstar an AWA or a collective agreement from a workforce provider?

MAM have been in existence long before the birth of AWA's.

Would a change of government mean much difference here??

I hope the Labour government stays true to it's word and does abolish AWA's .
I don't think it will happen - it will offer some watered down alternative in an attempt to appease the unions but not put big business noses out of joint.

Just like the LAW tax cuts that Keating promised not so long back.

I have decided to vote for an independent who is campaigning on the issue of public health , which is a basket case at present. He is splitting his preferences evenly.

The major parties can go jump- they are both full of ****e with their nosesthat deep in the public feed trough that they are blinded to the realities of life as an average aussie.

Th

TightSlot
16th Nov 2007, 23:27
Since this has now become a thread discussing OZ politics, it is being moved to D&G

Want2Fly!
17th Nov 2007, 00:37
Are you serious? :confused: There were just a couple of references to politics, which IS actually what's affecting the implementation of this AWA on Jetstar cabin crew anyway. But surely just a reminder to stay on-topic and off politics could've sufficed? This is a thread about JQ cabin crew and wannabees - not politics. :hmm: Or do we now need to start a new Jetstar cabin crew thread IN the Cabin Crew forum?

On Guard
18th Nov 2007, 20:20
Hi there

Are JQ recruiting at the moment or not?

All was promising for me to get considered 8 weeks ago and have not heard a word since?

JQGIRL
20th Nov 2007, 00:22
On Guard,

Did you get advised to do a medical & secutiry check?

ShesGreatintheGalley
26th Nov 2007, 00:00
Tigercrew - that is one of the most pettiest and ridiculous posts i have read in ages - you sound like a winging pilot!
FYI - (as i am sure most people would know) neither airline is desperate for people to apply for their positions - they are lining up out the door.
JQ are pumping though ground schools every month or so it seems and i really doubt that they are relying on the $15 application fee to keep the company running. grow up and contribute something positive to the discussion or not at all.

sydmum
27th Nov 2007, 07:30
Reigonalgirl - Congrats on your success. I have just been invited to the Syd assessment on 5 Dec. I'm not too concerned about the day except for the general knowledge test. Could you or anybody else please give me a couple of examples of what is in the GK paper test.

It's been a while since I was at school.........

orangestripes
28th Nov 2007, 08:51
Tigercrew - really really pointless comment. Jetstar have announced last week the addition of up to 100 more aircraft to their fleet, both A320 and A321s. The $15 is to cover admin costs and who knows what else, but as long as people are silly enough to fork it out then it will stay in place.

The same goes for those horrendous conditions, less than $45K p/a including allowances working those hours is sweatshop labour. But again, the more people who accept those conditions and work under them, the more the company is encouraged to push the envelope.

Australian aviation is expanding at an insane rate and there are jobs everywhere. My advice to anybody entering the industry is - don't sell yourself short, and think about in what position (financial and health wise) you want to be in 12 months time.

sydmum
29th Nov 2007, 03:13
What about me, can somebody pleasssse answer my question.

I have diligently read all the other threads so as not to have to ask the same ones over and over.

But this one doesn't seem to come up anywhere, I really would like to know what sort of general knowledge ?? they put in this test.

thankyou anyone who has recently attended a J* assessment day.

jetsolo
29th Nov 2007, 09:16
Sydmum if you have a good knowledge of Australian geography and simple maths you'll be fine. That is about all there is. Nothing more nothing less

SallyFA
30th Nov 2007, 01:18
I have been reading through this whole thread and even though it is fun to talk about things that we don't know a whole lot about yet and make judgement I just wanted to clear a few things up so discussions can be a little clearer.

I received the Team Jetstar contract (before change of Govt) and it is not and was never an AWA. It is a common law contract, so the change of Government will have absolutley no impact on it whatsoever (no doubt the contigency plan they had in place from the start).

Yes the conditions are poor, I had a look at it against the Long Haul AWA and it seems to be virtually identical. It looks as though they are trying to get everyone on the same conditions so perhaps they can use the crew to operate either?

The benefits are still the same, same staff travel etc.

Also, if you read the papers, Qantas have gone down exactly the same route and created Qantas Cabin Crew Australia to achieve exactly the same result but thats for another thread.

Doubt I'll be accepting it but people really need to make their own minds up as to whether they will be...satisfied working under those conditions and having banter about Team Jetstar AWA's that never existed does not help those people.

Please don't all jump down my throat as many seems to like doing, just wanted to put what I know out there, just like you.

SallyFA
30th Nov 2007, 01:20
SYDMUM - It's not that difficult but I know how you feel. Lot's of questions about how much change would you give if you sold this and questions about time zone changes and flight times. Just pay attention to the presentation they give you as some of the answers are in that too and give you a map of Australia and a list of destinations that you have to list.

sydmum
30th Nov 2007, 20:01
thankyou both, you have given me a much clearer picture.

sydmum
6th Dec 2007, 00:17
Hey there just wanted to say another thankyou. went to the assessment yesterday and enjoyed the day - even the test just as you both said, simple maths and geog and some questions about the presentation nothing more nothing less.

I have been invited to afternoon tea next week, so anything from here is a bonus.

thanks again for your help

xsite
7th Dec 2007, 10:17
hey sydmum i was at your interview too i was in group 4. i have also been invited to the morning tea on monday. hopefully ill see you there!!

sydmum
8th Dec 2007, 03:44
hi I was in group 1. I am looking forward to seeing who else got through.

see you monday

xsite
8th Dec 2007, 12:31
hey sydmum yeh im interested as well as to who else got through and how many there is...

sydmum
10th Dec 2007, 05:38
Hey xsite I was at the 1.30 tea. i didn't see anybody who looked 153cm so assumed you were there in the morning. alot of group 1 got through and there were a few of group 4 aswell. did i miss you or did you go a.m.

Not sure how it all went you just never can tell what sort of questions your going to get. hopefully medical and security forms will follow. I will keep checking here to see how you went and will keep posted on my success or failure.

good luck

xsite
10th Dec 2007, 07:54
hey sydmum i was in the am group...alot of the group got through but there was a few from another session so i am guessing that almost well close to everyone got through....yeh well i dont know how i went i think my answers could have been better but ah well at least i got this far.goodluck

norge
10th Dec 2007, 09:47
hi sydmum, i was in your group today, I think we may even crossed paths today. How did you go? Who was interviewing you? I think I could have done a bit better in both social and interview fields today. Oh well, only time will show. I think you went ok, I remember you being pretty sociable (if you are who i think you were) :} I just can't wait to hear now! :confused:

They said that the GS may be sometime in FEB, I wish everyone best of luck! :}

I will post on here as soon as I hear, please do the same.

S.

sydmum
11th Dec 2007, 03:08
Hey guys

I also thought I could have gone better all round yesterday. Cathy interviewed me and made me feel very relaxed, I just felt I waffled a little.

However :p I have received an email with the medical and security stuff this morning. Will get onto that pretty quickly so I know what the next step is, am not going to resign from my job until the absolute last minute, maybe even after GS.

hopefully you both have received the same.
(wish I knew who I was talking to) :confused:

cheers
Sydmum

xsite
11th Dec 2007, 22:27
hey syd mum congrats unfort i didnt get through :( i am a bit upset cause ive come this far was interviews by the young janine she didnt seem that nice. anyways better luck next time for next yr but at least im on active hold for rex.

sydmum
12th Dec 2007, 02:16
I'm really sorry to hear that, but hey as you said you are on active hold for rex, and once you get started you will have experience on your side aswell, and look at me I'm 43 and just starting, you at your age have the world at your feet so just take your time and enjoy whatever comes your way.

good luck for the future :)
sydmum

xsite
12th Dec 2007, 10:04
well its good to see that they havent looked at your age which is something virgin prob would look at....i wish u all the best of luck with it all...stay in touch.