PDA

View Full Version : SilverJet

Pages : 1 [2]

av8rboyz
1st Jun 2008, 21:38
Yes great to see him enjoy his weekend seeing that the flight crew have been paid this month. Im sure the cabin crew went out clubbing and had a great weekend too, aaaahhhhh wait a minute the cabin crew a'int been paid!!!!!
Oh I do hope he enjoyed the ride cos the cabin crew are lovin it!
Thanks for that!

NutLoose
2nd Jun 2008, 01:00
Its now up to the administrators (If they have an ounce on compassion) to make crew salaries a priority but im not holding my breath.

Actually I do believe staff are at the top of the pile though you will not get the full amount, indeed far from it. :(

flygirl28
2nd Jun 2008, 12:38
I agree with BOB that it was just a matter of dates HOWEVER for pay to be credited to crew accounts it would of had to of been sent by the company on Tuesday......this gave SJ three days to tell the crew that it hadnt and allow them to make contingency plans.

The fact remains that the crew have lived and breathed the brand values for 18 months now and the one that particularly stands out at this moment is INTEGRITY....and as far as i and many others are concerned the company acted with none at all.

The real shame of it all is that every single one of the crew would of fought for the company, because they truly believed in it, now as BOB quite rightly said, why should they?

BestonBoard
2nd Jun 2008, 14:36
Hi Flygirl,
I think you may have misinterpreted what I posted. I will still be fighting Silverjets corner, until I am told that there is no corner to fight for...

I'm still backing us 110%

flygirl28
2nd Jun 2008, 15:42
Sorry BOB i did misinterpret part of your post...apologies.

I'm not anti SJ either, and i applaud the fact that you are remaining so positive. Unfortunately, positive is not going to pay the bills this month or next month or the month after that.

I like many others feel entirely let down...admittedly some of the disappointment could not be helped, but the fact remains that some could. Its disgusting that employees found out from a news report that the administrators had been called in rather than via the company they had worked so loyally to build. Its also disgusting that nobody was pre warned about non payment of salaries. The final kick in the teeth is that no one can claim dole as we have not been told we are officially redundant.

I loved that company and the people as did so many others and so wanted it to succeed, i still want it to succeed, but realistically its a huge mountain to climb...my hat is off to you for wanting to climb it, but most cant afford the wait.

Potential
3rd Jun 2008, 01:20
We have a heartbeat to work on, we have a pulse to revive... We have a soul to save!

I just hope the green light is flashing on Begbies Traynor's corporate defibrillator...

tash55
3rd Jun 2008, 05:44
Bestonboard! I truly admire your allegiance to Silverjet. However PLEASE wake-up and smell the coffee. This is a TUFF industry and at the end of the day, loyalty and sentiment won't pay your bills at the end of the month! Bite the bullet and come and join the BIG BOYS for Job securityl You get the BEST of both worlds. It's STILL OK to be equally PASSIONATE about the job you do AS CREW!!! Silverjet had you hook line and sinker in that their recruitment spec was above and beyond and that you are something that you are not. A quick reality check is that CREW are CREW!!, whatever airline you work for!!! I wish you ALL the very best.

The Real Slim Shady
3rd Jun 2008, 09:06
The people who would invest in SJ now are asset strippers - that is of course if the company has any assets worth stripping.

The brand is destroyed in the eyes of the customer and the trust and confidence of the crew must have evaporated.

SJ would need a 3 month intensive marketing campaign to get any seat sales which would put the "relaunch" date back until late August, way too late to pick up significant business and then one is back in to the low season until next March.

It simply is not viable.

You're fired.

EverythingSilver
3rd Jun 2008, 09:20
Mr Sugar
You can not fire me as I am out of a job!

boredcounter
3rd Jun 2008, 10:01
SilverJet had many a Pilot from my company. (Sorry, we do not have Cabin Crew).

http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/economics/fuel_monitor/index.htm

Speaks volumes as to how the initial budget got screwed, big time. JetA1 has got to be the biggest variable.

The spin was fantastic, even staff yet to join believed it, sold it to the man in the street to invest.

hate to say this to the Silverised posters, move on, as quickly as poss, get an income, your duty is to yourselves.

Good luck to you all, been there 3 times.

flygirl28
3rd Jun 2008, 10:13
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I truly admire the passion being shown for Silverjet by its crew, if passion could save this airline from becoming yet another aviation statistic Silverjet would be a true easter story!

The fact remains that no matter how you spin this the analysts are right. Even if a buyer is found the airline will probably be rebranded, redundancies will be made and it will never be the same as before.

In realistic terms the writing is most definitely on the wall and as much as it saddens me to say it, all of us now need to move forward, find jobs and pay the bills. Unless a buyer is found (and even then you may have a wait for payment) you could be waiting months to be paid outstanding monies and even then will possibly not get everything that it owing...

I salute your loyalty i really do and if staying so loyal helps you sleep at night, so be it....money in my bank account and a regular income will help me sleep better at the moment.

flygirl28
3rd Jun 2008, 11:10
Everything silver - i dont think anyone is suggesting that the people who remain in the office are not doing a fantastic job. What you seem to forget is that the people in the office got paid on the 25th and so have a month in hand if you like to find alternative employment before their money runs out!

"Staff are assisting CC job applications/references etc. Again would you rather they forgot the staff that have worked unpaid and went off and took the offers they have with no thought for those unfortunate others."

Just re read your statement above again.....could you really blame anybody at this moment in time for looking after themselves given the circumstances? The office staff are in the same position as everyone else....if a buyer is not found they are out of jobs also....if they have job offers to go to, they would be mad like anyone else would be to turn them down given the current situation.

cldrvr
3rd Jun 2008, 11:34
You guys sure are loyal to an operator that will not pay you. Do you really think SJ will arise from the ashes? Silverjet does not own its aircraft, they are leased, it will take millions to secure the airframes for a few months, the lease company are no fools. The AOC has been suspended and will take months to resurrect. The pilots, who incidently have been paid are walking en masse. How do you think that a few people running around the offices clasping at straws are going to be able to find the 10-15 million to start operating for a few months if Viceroy was unwilling to invest in the continuation of the business. AIM has suspended the trading and will want reassurances before trading resumes.

Wake up guys, it will take a miracle to start this up again, oh and 15 million pounds.

The directors have no say in any of this, the administrator is in charge.

The Real Slim Shady
3rd Jun 2008, 13:11
Silverjet people

Go and get another job.

Loyalty is a one way street: you have been shafted.

Look after No 1 now.

Been there, seen it, stood in the dole queue.

legoland
3rd Jun 2008, 15:43
BOB.

I have to agree with some that have said you should move on, i do not think SJ will rise out of the ashes like a great silver pheonix.
B.O.B stated our customers are our primary concern so they arrive refreshed without knowing they have boarded an aircraft, may i say for most crew SAFETY is their primary concern for the CUSTOMERS

unfortunately i was around when FJE were wound up and i can tell you the way your precious directors treated the FJE crew was less than civilised, so if i were you i would move on. Mind you i know a lot of SJ crew who thought FJE crew were below them:= this included the directors. But we moved on and got our lives back on track, even though we had to fight to get our redundancy payments, unfortunately for you guys as you have not been there for 2 years your not legaly entiteled to redundancy.
I am also sure that many of the crew are not in the position to just wait to see what happens.

But i do feel sorry for all those out of a job, but have to say i am not surprised, esp with the economy in flux at the moment.

banewboi
3rd Jun 2008, 16:40
Have SJ crew been brainwashed?

Yes as of the present, we have worked over 5 weeks and have nothing to show for it. The Flight deck and head office got paid on the 25th, the crew....should have been paid today, but that wont materialise.
Thanks to all who have posted messages of support and respect to Lawrence Hunt our fab CEO who fought tooth and nail for us and his baby.
I have never met such a genuine and hard working gent.

You haven't been paid and everyone else has, how is that working hard for "his baby"?

SJ crew, you did your jobs, you turned up and did your portion for a new start airline, but you've been shafted, Unfortunately you haven't weathered the storm and it's only going to get worse.

Unfortunately i think that though the crew were all good crew members i also happen to think that they also recruited those that would swallow the SJ corporate bulls**t easiest, not that this is any reflection on SJ (all the airlines like to cram it down our throats that we're the best) but seriously guys wake up and smell the coffee, for the rest of us the stench is stale.......

flygirl28
3rd Jun 2008, 18:24
banewboiI am Silverjet crew and you will see from my previous posts that although i have loved every minute i have worked for the airline and have lived the brand values, i am in no way brain washed.

I am a realist and i know as well as you that we have been shafted, good and proper. Doesnt matter whether you serve it on a silver platter or a paper plate the outcome will be exactly the same.

Cant knock my colleagues for hanging in there with hope of a resurrection, as i said before if that helps them sleep better at the moment, then so be it....i will just hate to be the one that by the end of the week says "i told you so".

silversky
3rd Jun 2008, 20:35
Have SJ crew been brainwashed?

Yes as of the present, we have worked over 5 weeks and have nothing to show for it. The Flight deck and head office got paid on the 25th, the crew....should have been paid today, but that wont materialise.
Thanks to all who have posted messages of support and respect to Lawrence Hunt our fab CEO who fought tooth and nail for us and his baby.
I have never met such a genuine and hard working gent.

You haven't been paid and everyone else has, how is that working hard for "his baby"?

Oh Lordy... Couldn't agree with you more!

I've worked with Slugjet from the beginning and YES I commend anyone who takes pride in their work and YES I think it's important to be positive in tough times but WAKE UP! You think Lawrence didn't see this coming? The man buys us all drinks down route and that makes him a "hard working gent". Rubbish.

Granted it's a combination of factors that caused Silverjet to cease operations, but if Lawrence cared as much as he claims to, why did we stop flying the day we were SUPPOSED to get paid? Why doesn't he make those who want to leave redundant so we can get benefits?

The only concrete help and offers for references and new employment has come from the infamous Martyn Bridger who Lawrence sacked a month ago. Maybe you should kiss his arse instead...

Anyone know a good lawyer?

:ugh:

ptc
4th Jun 2008, 15:09
Silverjet has shafted you all good and proper!!

If I were you, id go and get a job with an established airline, and put SJ behind you.

Even if they were to 'rise above the ashes' in the future(very unlikely), do you really want to go back to a company that shafted you over and left you stranded downroute??? Crazy if thats the way you think!!

Sid Starz
4th Jun 2008, 17:11
No crew were "stranded" ptc. A plan was quickly formed to get us home, involving EK and Zoom. Transport was provided from LGW back to LTN and the hotels at EWR & DXB were available too. Often in this scenario crews really are stranded and I'm pleased to say that in this case, we weren't.

legoland
4th Jun 2008, 18:51
Anyone remember UKIA mmmmm they did the same closed down and had dilluded crew working for a while without pay coz they thought it would fly again, it never happened, please dont waste any time on SJ, do you not think that if it does start again passenger confidence has gone, as will the relationships with the airports they flew from and to, in addition the stock market and future investors will not be so quick to risk thier money. As for the investors that have lost alot of money they would more than likely advise against investing.

Sorry but to confused in LTN move on for your own piece of mind.:ugh::ok:

silversky
4th Jun 2008, 18:56
On the last flight from Dubai back to London, the captain had the displeasure of having to announce to passengers and crew that the airline had gone bust. One passenger's account of this below:

"The hostesses all lined up, they were howling, some of the passengers were in tears. The captain also announced that the hostesses had not been paid for over a month, and they were doing this for free. When we landed, the receivers came on board and took possession of the plane."

http://londonist.com/2008/05/silverjet_final.php

I suspect this closure has been strategically timed to follow what looks like been some jiggery-pokery going on with Silverjet shares. This kind of thing is illegal if it can be proven: issue a press release to increase the value of the shares (or send strange emails to crew about "secret" investors... we all received them) sell when they're at their peak, then announce closure when more investors/little guys have been scammed rendering the shares virtually worthless.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/transport/article3723391.ece

banewboi
5th Jun 2008, 01:11
Hi guys,

Just a brief word to say that i genuinely feel for those left high and dry by SJ, but personally i think that's enough.

People are feeling rubbish enough without the likes of us telling them what lemmings they've been.

It may not be nice to hear but please take my post the way it was intended and go forward with a little bit more knowledge about life, the universe and everything aviation.

Wow, i even suprised myself with this much compassion, i thought i signed that over a long time ago.

Peace guys (lol, now i'm a hippy)

Gulfstreamaviator
5th Jun 2008, 05:36
I was also arround for the demise of FJE as an operator.

They treated the crews perfectly.

FLE were perhaps the best corporate operator I have ever worked for, in regard to the crew conditions. In fact they were, IMHO so good thats part of the reason for the change of direction to broering, rather than operating.

I only know SJ from afar, but respect anyone who starts an airline, (tried that too).

glf

King Pong
5th Jun 2008, 05:38
Whatever your views about Silverjet now in the fullness of time you will look back at your time with Silverjet and think they were the best of times.

judder-100
5th Jun 2008, 08:24
Beston Board

judder-100
5th Jun 2008, 08:28
Beston Board you should really wake up and smell the green tea , you say that you are still behind sj..!! why cos you would,nt get another job like what you had, i believe you would,nt ,time to give up and look for a lap dance-ing job...:D.....plz plz wake up......we all wanted it to work....:ugh:

Tiger
5th Jun 2008, 13:13
Pretty bad the cabin crew weren`t paid, and yet some still "bleat" on the Silverjet band wagon. The airline has gone! If it comes back it will be gone again. Check out Braniff in the US. That airline has had several reincarnations over the years.
Yes you flow to nice destinations, both over subscribed by the majors.
Yes Silverjet had a good customer relations with few complaints, but your market was a limited business/corporate people, and more the budget luxury leisure market, the type who are on a stag do, the big four O. etc. special trip of a life time. I always said it was the wrong product. Others have agreed and disagreed, but I stand by my first thoughts, wrong product. Should have been 2 class cabin. My area Herts Beds Bucks fairly affluent area, know people who went to NY. Firstly most not heard of SJ, and then said a £1000 return fare for a weekend away was bit pricey and opted for VS BA economy or Premium economy.
For those who still hold Silverjet close to your hearts, please let it go. There are other airlines out there, true you may not get your long haul, but if you want to be cabin crew you have to take whats around. Besides at the end of the day we have to pay your bills.

Potential
5th Jun 2008, 14:00
Everyone here is talking as if Silverjet is completely done for. Yes, the company has gone into administration and yes, it has ceased operations for now, but there is still a concerted effort going on behind the scenes to get Silverjet flying again. The administrators have publicly released statements to this effect and remain moderately positive about some form of reincarnation in the very near future.

What non-employees will not be aware of is that the cabin crew are also receiving almost daily updates from the administrators, Lawrence Hunt & the former cabin crew manager on the progress that is being made behind close doors. I'm not going to reveal any details, but the most recent email from Lawrence this morning is very promising. :ok:

I am aware that Silverjet remains in an extremely perilous position, but its too early to talk about it in the past tense yet. Its not over until the fat lady sings and she hasn't even learned the chorus yet...

Carnage Matey!
5th Jun 2008, 14:03
Face facts. Nobody is going to risk their money and travel plans buying a ticket on Silverjet. Silverjet has never made a profit, the oil price that crippled them continues to trend upwards. Only a fool would invest in the company. It's over.

world nomad
5th Jun 2008, 14:44
I actually would buy risk buying a ticket from them again...so that isn't a fact. Ex customer...sorry for intruding but it had to be said.

Poof in Boots
5th Jun 2008, 15:09
The Business Class only model has crashed and so will Low Cost, which isn't low cost anymore due to the oil price alone and swingeing hikes in the UK's Air Departure Duty.

Even RyanAir won't survive whats coming.

Saxon Ops
5th Jun 2008, 15:13
Carnage..............

Fuel has been coming down in price in the last week or so. Just pointing it out for good order.

ltn and beyond
5th Jun 2008, 16:03
Well said Carnage!!

SJ really has brainwashed all their staff!!

The circus arrived in town 18 months ago , and now it HAS GONE FOR GOOD!!!

Along with others I was dubious about this product working, and it hasn't.

All you ex SJ people, please please move on and go work for a well established airline, such as BA or something.

Again, said before, why would anybody in the right mind buy a ticket on SJ if they were to 'reinvent' themselves??
Many major carriers are feeling the pinch with the fuel situation, at least they have some financial reserves to ride the waves, SJ didn't!!

The way I see it, just look back and think of the places you went to and saw with memories, but MOVE ON!!

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

monkeybusiness2
5th Jun 2008, 16:12
Its very sad when something like this happens. There are always going to be winners and there always going to be losers. Its the nature of the beast unfortuantly.

I know deep down I would be really gutted if things went pear shaped at BA and I lost my job.

But I would also see it as a new start and move on with my life.

You all had a life before SJ, its very sad I know but I have to agree with so many of the posters on here. Time to move on. If SJ does come back into business in the not too distant future great, but if it doesn't so be it.

Potential
5th Jun 2008, 16:48
You may all be about to be proved wrong - watch out for a press release tonight!

Tiger
5th Jun 2008, 16:58
WOW! Daily updates. Its an email I guess? Please, I can bang out a couple of sentence and email a whole load of people every day. Few minutes, under 5 I`d guess.

If they ever do get Silverjet airborne again do you really believe it will last. Google Braniff and see how many times thats started up. National Airlines in US.
Laker had this sort of thing to I believe. He restarted in the US and ran a short lived DC10 service from Florida to London.
The Silver is tarnished.

I worked for an airline which went bust at Luton. A skeleton staff were kept on ie AOC holders so the airline had some value to sell on. Rumours Virgin Express were interested, course they weren`t. A month later they were laid off. There were NO buyers airline closed. Wait till you see the assets.. the ex airline had a second hand banger of a car listed. And your get x pence in the £ possibly in a year or more the main creditors have been paid off.
I went off and worked in a supermarket in Harpenden for a couple of weeks, then manager in travel agent. It wasn`t for me but I had a go. I`m back as crew now on the best T&Cs and money in the UK.

aviator10
5th Jun 2008, 17:30
KINGPLACE CONFIRMS OFFER TO BEGBIES TRAYNOR FOR RELAUNCH OF SILVERJET.

4th June 2008, Kingplace Ltd. announces that it has made an offer to Begbies Traynor, administrator, and Lawrence Hunt, CEO of Silverjet, to relaunch the British exclusively business class airline.

Kingplace is registered in Ireland and managed by Heritage Cie S.A., a Geneva trust and management company. The offer by Kingplace is being made on behalf of private clients.

Ian Ilsley, Chairman of Heritage and a Director of Kingplace comments:

"Kingplace can confirm that it has made an offer to Begbies Traynor and Lawrence Hunt, CEO Silverjet, with a view to purchasing Silverjet. We are excited at the prospect of acquiring Silverjet and resuming operations as quickly as possible with the existing staff and in particular, Silverjet’s highly regarded crews. We will be investing in the future development and success of the brand. We will make a further announcement in due course".

Lawrence Hunt, Chief Executive of Silverjet comments:

“I am delighted to confirm that Kingplace is in conversation with Begbies Traynor about Silverjet resuming operations in the near future. As CEO of Silverjet my aim is to see Silverjet up and flying as quickly as possible, working with our incredible team of staff and delivering our very sivilised travel experience. We hope to make an announcement in the near future about when we will be able to resume operations.”

747-436
5th Jun 2008, 17:56
I wish everyone at Silverjet all the best and it would be good to see it back.

But realistically the brand is tarnished unfortunatly, and how much money is this investor going to pump in? Enough to sustain Silverjet for enough time for it to make money to keep going on its own?
And I am sure the majors might turn the screw a bit as well.

Would be good to be proved wrong though.

flightlevelchange
5th Jun 2008, 18:10
As cabin crew and a Customer on their flights i'd certainly be thrilled to see them back up in the air. Hope to see them flying again soon.

RGDS
FLC

Tiger
5th Jun 2008, 18:47
mmmm... tarnished silver may fly again? Or are we re naming to another element? So hopefully the cabin crew unpaid will get full pay for the month they worked.

Well the business class airlines don`t work wonder if the 2 class cabin will be introduced? (if it flies) or economy class type service.

Virginia
5th Jun 2008, 19:03
Guys-lets remember that airlines feel very little loyalty to their staff.

I go to work, do my job well, take good care of my pax etc etc but I don't owe the airline anything-just remember that they would make you redundant at their click of their fingers if they needed too.

Reading these posts its a little sad that some ex SJ are ultra loyal to the airlne and would work for free. It's awful that you have lost your jobs but you need to move on and not rely on SJ to get back in the air.

Oh and join a union!

:ok:

EI-CFC
5th Jun 2008, 23:21
Wish I could be more optimistic, but...

judder-100
6th Jun 2008, 11:31
well said.........i agree....:D:D:D:D

Mr Angry from Purley
6th Jun 2008, 12:05
On a what if!
They get some funds

They pay the CC wages
They settle a lot of debts accrued recently
They have to put an aircraft into C Check, more outlay
Christmas comes but once a year :\

cldrvr
6th Jun 2008, 12:38
They have a bigger problem, they don't own the airframes; they are all leased. That's why IMHO the leasing company ended the tour in the US, that's where they wanted the airframe.

And lets not forget the loan that the Reuben brothers have in Silverjet, they would want their money out first.

So between the 10mm for Reubens, the leases on the A/C, any investor will need to put in 10-20mm plus the financing required by the CAA for 6 months of operating cost, we are talking close to 40mm add to that the 40mm that the company has incurred in debt sofar and the total rescue package needs to be close to 80mm Sterling. Not worth it for a name wit no assets. Nothing to strip.

Tigger4Me
6th Jun 2008, 13:36
According to the Travel Trade Gazette, "Silverjet could be back in the air again by early next month." Full article here (http://www.ttglive.com/c/portal/layout?p_l_id=61139&CMPI_SHARED_articleId=747186&CMPI_SHARED_ImageArticleId=747186&CMPI_SHARED_articleIdRelated=747186&CMPI_SHARED_ToolsArticleId=747186&CMPI_SHARED_CommentArticleId=747186).

PAXboy
6th Jun 2008, 15:07
Poof in BootsThe Business Class only model has crashed and so will Low Cost, which isn't low cost any more due to the oil price alone and swingeing hikes in the UK's Air Departure Duty.
Even RyanAir won't survive whats coming.
As they say in pantomime .. Oh yes they will

FR will survive because they are callous about their staff and put money before everything, so they will lay off or sack without hesitation. They will survive because their prices are frequently lower than others.

PC767
6th Jun 2008, 21:38
Don't think RYR will go but although their prices are cheaper their fuel costs are higher because they don't hedge

TightSlot
8th Jun 2008, 19:58
Interesting information HERE (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7442799.stm)
Best wishes for unpaid staff

boredcounter
8th Jun 2008, 21:14
Will SilverJet rise from the ashes? I would have a serious punt at no.
Would someone invest megabucks in a re-launch of the product? No.

Negativity over:

Can the quality of staff and service levels be utilised? Yes
Can the luxurious aircraft be utilised? Yes
Can the staff deliver the same loyalty to another brand? Up to them to decide

Ready made PrivatAir to be bought out and assets used on a profit making contract to a bigger player with economies of scale

Time will tell, but good luck to you all at SIL, hope it works out for you all.

Bored

banewboi
9th Jun 2008, 22:01
a rescue package has been announced, crew will be paid on weds, the investor will relaunch the current product.

i would strongly advise all crew to get what they can and get out.

best of luck

DUAL RATED
10th Jun 2008, 09:29
Do you think they can stump up the money to have the funds available for 6 months of operating costs that the CAA will require the company to have? anyone got any idea how much that will run to? cant see it happening got to be in the region of 50 -70 mill at a guess minimum.

flygirl28
10th Jun 2008, 14:10
banewboi-not quite sure where you have your information from but I am currently employed by Silverjet and i have had no contact regarding an announcement or payment on wednesday......

banewboi
10th Jun 2008, 16:35
someone i know is crew, her boyfriend told me she'd had an email?

Final 3 Greens
10th Jun 2008, 18:59
I notice that the Telegraph is reporting a rescue by Swiss investors.

Very much hope this is true.

Good luck to all at Silverjet.

atmosphere
11th Jun 2008, 20:15
To our dear customers,
On the 30 May 2008, we were required to suspend flights until further notice due to the failure of one of our investors to provide committed funds. We are truly sorry for the disruption this has caused. If you have a booking with us and need to cancel it, you are advised to contact your credit card company or travel agent directly for information on obtaining refunds*.
We are working actively with a new investor who has signed a principal agreement to inject new funds so we can recommence operations. If we are able to achieve this, we will make an announcement as soon as possible and we hope to be able to bring you our very 'sivilised' flying experience very soon. More information.
Thank you for your support - it has meant everything.
Yours sincerely,

Must have money to burn!!! :ugh:

alexp4mes
13th Jun 2008, 09:51
no money has been given to the receivers so the last two weeks have been more lh **** so everyone has been made redundant all cabin crew get NOTHING.

judder-100
13th Jun 2008, 11:38
What a joke silverjet...........been shafted again all the crew ,,a load of crap...and a crap company feeding their crew with aload of rubbish,,:=:=:=:=:=:mad::mad::mad:

mary_hinge
13th Jun 2008, 13:48
All 300 workers at collapsed business-class airline Silverjet were laid off after a rescue deal fell through.
Swiss investor Kingplace had provisionally agreed to take over the Luton Airport-based carrier after it fell into administration a fortnight ago.
But administrator Begbies Traynor said that, due to "unusually complex negotiations" with third parties, Kingplace was "no longer in a position to acquire Silverjet as a going concern

http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5gkeZpJqq5WGKFb2eTIZxuKN7WjDg

DivingDiva
15th Jun 2008, 20:14
Firstly - I send my thoughts to all those who now face redundancy - It is a horrid set of circumstances and I hope you will all find jobs quickly.

Secondly - to all those who were so rude to the Silverjet crew who had hopes of the airline rekindling its "Silverized" Experience .... I personally am not Silverjet crew, but I have an awful lot of respect for all those crew who were dedicated to there airline till the end. Please do not judge the crew for there loyality as that loyality is exactly what an airline is looking for in there employees, which should make them finding new positions easier as they have good hearts!

Again, to all the Silverjet crew, good luck with your future careers!

SuperBoy
15th Jun 2008, 22:05
DivingDiva,

I dont think anyone has been intentionally "rude" to any ex-Silverjet employees. Realistic I think but not rude. Anyone that keeps up to date with the current trends etc. etc. etc. within the aviation industry could have predicted the foregone conclusion. Anyway, water under the bridge. Alas Silverjet is no more so perhaps it really is time to let it go. :)

Tiger
17th Jun 2008, 08:44
Has a number of good factors now that at last the employees can move on. Hard I know by reading some of the posts on pprune with people clutching at straws to their future`s. It was unfair that they kept you hanging on, but you can now claim benefit, and move on to pastures new. Soon as the rumours and then the following shares supended shares the game was up. The name was mud and lets be honest, how many of your passengers were regulars, not jouros, Touchdown, or the birthday specials, hen/stag do, wedding aniversary etc? I`ve just come back from Holiday myself. Charter carrier and tell you dump a glass of free sparkling wine and give the kids a colouring book... your seen the best too, now with an improvement on that to silverjet product thats who you were pleasing..
Good luck with new jobs

ImPlaneCrazy
10th Feb 2009, 22:41
Does anyone have any news on what this new newsletter is? Sounds interesting to me...

Surely it's got to be a better time for an airline such as this - with companies looking to cut costs and save money by not flying business / first, but still treat their number 1's with style this could be the top alternative about this time? And yes I am aware we are in the crunch at the moment, but things can only get better from here I guess?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Silverjet is an amazing business model in the slightest; more of a trying to keep everyone happy at the cost of themselves, and a lot of things such as these need to give.

I think if the right investor was behind it for the long term (with no false promises this time!) it might be a good looker.

Thoughts?

Hotel Mode
10th Feb 2009, 22:45
The details of the newsletter are that it was an edition from last june sent out in error. It also included details of Emirates upcoming introduction of the A380 which has long since happened.

Personally I cant think of a worse time to start a business class carrier.

jettesen
14th Feb 2009, 22:24
I think its a perfect time to set up a business carrier now. Fuel prices are low......no competition now in this sector.......loads of crew looking for jobs......and aircraft going cheap. No reason why this wouldnt work in this current economic state. Business pax still have to travel no matter what, so no shortage of pax either

Flintstone
15th Feb 2009, 00:19
Except that business travellers do not still have to travel and in fact are not doing so.

But hey. You go ahead and invest your bundle and we'll watch from the sidelines ;)

Itswindyout
15th Feb 2009, 00:52
The Washington and Dubai routes were very popular, excellent service, and more importantly great pricing.
The Dubai and Luton Terminal facilites cut the cra% ( mostly). Dubai was getting busy, and over full at times. Luton appeared to be OK. Never did Washington my self so no comment.
Pax could get in and out of DXB airport very very easily, and in comfort.

I feel that Silverjet could rise again, NOW, and serve these two destinations well.

I was involved in a business only service that failed to launch due to 9/11, so have great faith in he model, plus great faith in the new timing.

windy

Sid Starz
15th Feb 2009, 01:03
Washington??

747-436
15th Feb 2009, 10:55
I feel that Silverjet could rise again, NOW, and serve these two destinations well.

I don't think it could, not as Silverjet anyway, as the brand has been damaged so in the present climate no one is likely to trust giving money to it!