PDA

View Full Version : MAAS - £1.80? They're Having a laugh

Satanabduljabar
12th Aug 2007, 23:39
It's not just over zealous security that have got free reign to annoy the populous with silly rules and regulations. This one sinks to a new low, now its gonna costs us!!!!
Today I've been to Manchester airport to take a colleague to pick up his hire car.
Thanks to our terrorist friends, you can now only get to the hire car, and drop off area through the T2 short stay car park. Manchester Airport haven't missed a trick though....
I was in there for no more than a minute and when I put my ticket in the machine, it wouldn't let me out until coughed up £1.80. There’s no few minute grace period like there is on the T1 Short stay, and like there is on every other car park on the planet.
There were 2 moronic attendants on hand to inform me that they, "don't make the rules"...Very helpful. Pressing the help button didn't quite work as advertised. Moron number three came over the speaker and wasn't having any. He said the only way out was to pay, I said I had no cash. He suggested card, I said I didn't have my wallet. He suggested I go and borrow it off someone. When I said, "ridiculous", he said that he couldn't let me out then!! Rapidly loosing my cool, I asked to speak to his supervisor who said, "Just this once, he’ll let me out.”
Surely this is wrong isn’t it?
If anyone from MAG reads this by the way, I had my wallet in my pocket.;)

Astrocaryum vulgare
12th Aug 2007, 23:47
They are *****. No question about it, they are *****. ***** dominate the commercial side of British aviation. *****, one and all.

TRY2FLY
12th Aug 2007, 23:47
Fair play to ya boy - take no sh1te from 'em:ok:

mikeyuk
13th Aug 2007, 08:20
As far as i am aware there is a 15 minutes free period on that car park or at least there was last week when i dropped someone off :confused:

Avman
13th Aug 2007, 08:39
£1 for 20 mins at BHX. No free time. It's time for the public to take action!

CHIVILCOY
13th Aug 2007, 10:40
As far as i am aware there is a 15 minutes free period on that car park or at least there was last week when i dropped someone off

Yes there was two weeks ago when we dropped off my brother,it clearly states on a poster that you have fifteen minutes for drop off free of charge.

Satanabduljabar
13th Aug 2007, 11:22
Well I promise you that there is no free 15 minute period anymore. I was in there for no more than a minute, most of that was waiting while someone parked right in front of me!

(Mr Moderator? Why have I been moved, I'm not a passenger, I'm crew!)

TightSlot
13th Aug 2007, 11:45
No idea what you're on about Satanabduljabar I'm afraid - I asssume that somebody else moved you since the thread is appropriate to this forum, based on the content, not the occupation of the person who created it.

CHIVILCOY
13th Aug 2007, 17:23
Looks like arrangements have changed.
From Manchester Airport website;

Pick up and Drop off
From 6th August 2007 passengers can be dropped off directly outside the front of Terminal 1 and in close proximity to Terminal 2.
The re-introduction of "drop off" at Terminals 1 and 2 follows changes to the recent security restrictions.
With improved forecourt operations now in place, the pick up policy introduced in Autumn 2006 now applies fully at terminals 1 and 2. This includes the end of the temporary 15 minute free period.
At Terminal 1, pick up should take place in the surface car park located outside arrivals and adjacent to the multi-storey car park. For drop-off, passengers are advised to follow the signage on route.
Please also note that new height restrictions are in force on some of the terminal approach.
At Terminal 2, all pick up is directed to the ground level of the multi-storey car park. Drop off is located in a surface car park adjacent to the multi-storey car park. Passengers are advised to follow the signage on route.
At Terminal 3, restrictions remain in place whilst additional security work is carried out on the forecourt. In the meantime, all pick up and drop off will continue to take place in the multi-storey car park at Terminal 3 where the temporary 15 minute free period will remain.
Updated 9 August 2007

howflytrg
13th Aug 2007, 19:35
And as for the state of the facilities in the terminal, especially T3!!! I'd rather be in Lagos, and i don't mean Portugal.:eek:

Perhaps the age old adage of happyness is V1 at Lagos should be replaced with most uk airports! :(

Avman
17th Aug 2007, 07:23
I'd love a public reply here from BHX airport management about the farce that airport is fast becoming in relation to so-called security!