PDA

View Full Version : CX DEFO career advice please!

dupawolowa
12th Aug 2007, 18:11
I'd appreciate some advice from current CX freight pilots regarding the quality of life on the line, schedules (days on/off) trips, pay and career progression. I'm a 34 year old, regional airline pilot living near ORD with a wife and 2 small kids. My interview is in less than a month in SFO and I'd like to make the best decission I possibly can for myself and my family if offered a position with CX. I currently enjoy a no-commute lifestyle, being in the top 20% of the pilot group and getting 15 days off on average. However, I have pretty much topped out in pay, and career progression, not to mention being stuck on a regional, with a crappy contract and work-rules, and no respect! Looking for some honest feedback and advice, Thanks.:)

Glass Half Empty
12th Aug 2007, 21:45
CX can for sure offer "a crappy contract and work-rules, and no respect!"

enjoy at your peril.

Bograt
13th Aug 2007, 13:38
Glass Half Empty is right.
You wont get a balanced response at the moment.
Read the forum about the new pay deal: in 4 days there has been 14,000+ views last time I looked.
The Guys and Girls are very pissed at the moment - and folks on the North American Base wont even get a payrise, so going back in a few years time might be real tough.
If you've got other options then I'd suggest you explore them fully.
Make wise choices...
Good luck.