PDA

View Full Version : FAQ Netjets gateways

skyhigh1976
12th Aug 2007, 11:36
Hi all,

Starting this new thread about FAQ gateways as I saw them spread out in the numerous threads about Netjets. like this it will be easier for the guys in the future to get some info...and we don't have to keep on bothering people with the same questions...

questions like:
-What are the options for carpark?
-Do you get away with taking two pieces of handluggage?
-Does it happen often that they loose luggage?
-Delays?

I will be starting with Netjets soon with gateway Milan (Malpensa) so really hope somebody can give me the answers to these questions!

Thanks in advance!:ok:

SH

CL300
12th Aug 2007, 11:42
Not a based airline so find the best deal you can at your Gateway.

EXCEPT in UK it is normally ok, if you travel in uniform.

If it is checked in you are going to loose it, so bad that we have a department to track lost bags.

No the flight is not going to be delayed for you to get your stuff, you will be smelling for the next 6 days... LoL

bizantin
12th Aug 2007, 14:14
yes, this is the beauty of NJE. Salary looks great, conditions look great and you eventually realise you make less than 3000euros amonth with no pension, no way to park your car for a decent price, a bad sickness policy...and it takes about 3years to get very fed up and leave!...
For the luggage, it will also depend on the aircraft type (can't get on a CRJ with a real luggage+a hand bag) the trick is to try to take it with you an have it delivered at the aircraft.

norwegian pilot
12th Aug 2007, 18:25
From what I hear NJE is a nice place to work. As long as you can avoid the double taxation. If your flying with air balkan og alitalia-like liners, bring your bag to the gate and check it in there. Then you make sure it gets on the plane ;)

austrian71
13th Aug 2007, 00:55
-What are the options for carpark?
Some airports give you a better rate, but you have to pay the parking fees youself
-Do you get away with taking two pieces of handluggage?
With the pilot case and small trolley (handbagsize) most airlines allow you check in, anyway, I take a set of underwear with me in the pilotcase, if the bag gets lost, time enough to buy clothes and claim it.
-Does it happen often that they loose luggage?
No.
-Delays?
Not sure what you mean, normal delays of airlines ?

Wish you the best for your start, youŽll enjoy it!

redsnail
13th Aug 2007, 13:20
I don't bother taking a car to work.
Yes, luggage does get lost. It's happened to me recently and no, they don't delay the flights. Fortunately, I had an emergency pack of socks, undies and a shirt so I could continue. You're allowed 2 hundred euros on tour to get the essentials.
The luggage situation is getting pretty bad, esp if you go through Heathrow as many of us do. At the moment the UK is enforcing the "one bag" rule but there's a rumour that it will be relaxed as it's hurting LHR etc.

Your task is to be at your gateway on day 1 so you can catch an airline or car etc. What happens after that is not of your doing so long as you were in the right place at the allotted time. Scheduling do [i[try[/i] to allow enough time post airline to get to the FBO allowing for minor delays but it doesn't always work.

skyhigh1976
13th Aug 2007, 15:17
Cool! Some nice information from you guys, thanks!:ok:

Now just hope that somebody has got some specific info on Malpensa...

With delays I indeed meant with airlines, but as explained by redsnail, Netjets seems to be able to handle those delays..
I expect to fly quit some with Alitalia and in all fairness...the haven't been all that punctual lately....

And norwegian pilot, by saying"take your bag to the gate", how would you do that? Would you tell them at check in, or would you just go to the gate and try there?

Once again thanks for the answers and looking forward to start!
Oh, one more question:rolleyes:? What kind of pilotcase are you guys using? Guess it depends on the ac type for storage space in the flightdeck?

Regards
SH

PPRuNeUser0215
13th Aug 2007, 15:54
Oh, one more question? What kind of pilotcase are you guys using? Guess it depends on the ac type for storage space in the flightdeck?

They are all small inside so what most of us seem to do is to have one wheelie bag for clothes etc and one flight case they can put on top of the wheelie and drag around airports and hotel.
As for your own documentation, many of us have a binder/folder they can access to during the flight with their notes and more.
The more bulky items (such as your laptop, other reference books you like to carry, cleaning kits...) will tend to remain in your flight case, located in the rear of the cabin (in my case).
My (soft) flight case has some sort of pocket/slot at the back of it and when pulling up the wheeling bag's handles, slots in just right so it s all nice and held properly. ;)

See you on the line