PDA

View Full Version : Trans Anguilla Airways

flyincanuck
12th Aug 2007, 02:21
Hi all,

I'm currently flying in Canada but may consider moving south for a position with Trans Anguilla Airways. Don't know much about this company, and would appreciate any info on it. I have used the search function without success.

Thanks in advance.

blueplume
12th Aug 2007, 07:51
flyincanuck
"I have used the search function without success."
I was wondering how long it would take for this company to make it onto pprune. I used to work for them and used to tell them that they should be thankful for not appearing.
As far as I'm aware they now/still have three BN-2 Islanders. Did you check the website? If you trawl through you'll find some pics. of the back of my head. Site has not been dramatically changed in content since about 2003.
Despite numerous opportunities they have not adavanced much in the years since I moved on. Competition went away for various reasons but came back. They have their own hangar and 145 approved maintenance facility, which is a +. Montserrat air services have resumed under the TAA AOC. Chief Pilot is a nice guy from New Zealand tearing his hair out.
They gave me an opportunity to start out when I had low hours so I am grateful for that. However I did plenty for them so we're pretty even on that score.
If you have the time go and visit, dicuss T&C, read between the lines (it is the Caribbean) and decide whether you want to spend a bit of time in the sun enjoying the flying and the lifestyle, which is good. Anguilla is changing fast with new building everywhere, lots of money coming in. The runway was recently extended to accomodate bizjets which means they have lost a lot of business connecting to & from the larger islands but may be finding other openings.
If you want to discuss more PM me.

flyincanuck
12th Aug 2007, 17:36
Thanks for the info, I'll PM.

C130Dreamer
2nd Nov 2007, 21:47
Hi folks,

Anybody had any recent dealings with Trans Anguilla Airways?

Any info on terms and conditions for their pilots would be great.

Thanks,

Dreamer :}

blueplume
4th Nov 2007, 10:28
c130

read pm