PDA

View Full Version : Newest UAE National Airline?

fractional
11th Aug 2007, 18:23
Fujairah's first airline will take to the skies on October 1. It's supposed to start "budget"...
Initial market is the sub-Continent (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh) and the Philippines. Destinations in the Gulf, Middle East are also in the plans later along with the UK.
They will start with a DC-10 aircraft (380-passenger capacity) followed by the introduction of other larger aircraft (Boeing 747 with 548 seats).
Here we go again: more jobs for the boys and girls.

Hook
11th Aug 2007, 20:53
Hope they fix FUJ VOR first. Visual approaches at night with all that terrain around can't be much fun........
DC-10 and a 747? That's all the apron space gone!!!!!:E

PositiveRate876
11th Aug 2007, 23:09
http://www.invision.smileyville.net/smilies/lgh (9).gif

Yes basing an airline at a field with no instrument approaches doesn't seem like a good idea.

biggles39
12th Aug 2007, 04:52
Apron space has recently been extended i was there a few weeks ago and all the long term stored aircraft have been relocated along the western edge along the new concrete wall.

Mind you with normally over 20 IL-76's there plus all the other aircraft in various states of airworthiness the extra space has been eaten up already - love to get a look aroud here !

Interestingly most of the IL-76's normally gracing the Cargo Ramp at SHJ are now there

cheers
biggles39

Alpha 6
12th Aug 2007, 07:10
what will be the name?

GMDS
12th Aug 2007, 16:37
I guess Fudgeair

OMRK
12th Aug 2007, 17:07
DC-10 and a 747? That's all the apron space gone!!!!!

Considering I have counted close to 40 aircrafts in the 12 stands they have there, I am sure they will be able to fit a couple more :E

wafflebottom
19th Aug 2007, 09:27
From "Fujairah Business Today"

"Budget Airline Kang Pacific first to launch flights from Fujairah"

First flight to Manilla via Dhaka planned for Oct 1st. Return flight is next day via Kochi and Columbo. 3x flights weekly.

Flights supposed to start from East Midlands to Fujairah and on to Amritsar on 1st Oct or by end of year !!!! East midlands flights by either 747 or A310.

fractional
22nd Aug 2007, 23:06
By Ivan Gale, Staff Reporter, Gulf News. Published: August 23, 2007:
Dubai: An Indian businessman is launching Kang Pacific Airlines, making it the fifth airline based in the UAE, its owner said.
The airline plans to launch commercial service out of Fujairah in October, to tap the growing demand for air services to certain destinations.
Initially intending to serve the Philippines, Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka, Kang Pacific also plans to operate flights to the UK.
The airline will operate as a hybrid between a budget and a full service carrier. When launched, it will join Emirates airline, Etihad Airways, Air Arabia, and RAK Airways.
The airline is the brainchild of Paul Kang, an Indian businessman who previously owned companies involved in aviation catering as well as supplying to duty free shops in the UK and Fujairah.
Kang told Gulf News that he is self-financing the airline's launch with $10 million in startup capital, primarily to procure two DC-10s, a Boeing 747 and one Boeing 737 over the next six months. The fleet will primarily consist of leased aircraft roughly 20 years old.
The venture is the result of a two-year feasibility study conducted by a professor at Cranfield University, who will also be a partner, Kang said.
Kang said the airline will fly under an AOC issued by the Philippine government. It expects to receive its UAE certificate in six to eight months.

Fat Clemenza
22nd Aug 2007, 23:24
Here's another example of spoiled children fantasies. How the hell are they going to fill their 20 year old tubes with the region nearing overcapacity... Makes you wonder if it's note money laundering:mad:

waves-dubai
23rd Aug 2007, 08:49
http://www.kangpacificairlines.com/career.html

I guess we can add this to the grammar debate on 7Days.

sidestick driver
23rd Aug 2007, 09:35
Please send CV to: Please send your 2 picture with application.

What a way to start!:E

Dualinput
23rd Aug 2007, 13:33
The flight section on the website talks only about 777-200 and its configuration!

waves-dubai
26th Aug 2007, 06:35
As quoted in todays Gulf News.

http://gulfnews.com/business/Aviation/10149226.html

Panama Jack
26th Aug 2007, 08:00
OK, I understand where the "Kang" comes from. But why "Pacific?"
I guess it sounds more sophisticated than "Kang Sub-Continental."

Will be interesting to watch, especially since their base is in Fujairah but their AOC is out of the Philippines.

kaybee5000
6th Sep 2007, 15:01
How the hell are they going to fill their 20 year old tubes with the region nearing overcapacity...?

Possibly fairly easily I would submit. The largest expatriate community in the UAE comprises low-salaried artisans and labourers from the Sub-Continent. These guys generally get leave after two years, one year if they are lucky, and currently would travel home by one of the majors out of DXB / AUH courtesy of their employers. These guys would not be particularly interested by the trappings of flying on a major – they just want to get home to their families. So enter Kang Pacific Airlines….

Operating out of OMFJ, with aircraft offering little in the way of creature comforts, Kang Pacific should be able to undercut the majors by a considerable margin especially / presumably if the aircraft are configured to a high-capacity single class. This will appeal to employers and, as I have said above, the employees / passengers just want to get home. The guys could be bussed to Fujairah (about 2 hours from Dubai). They get bussed to work, so no problem there. Possibly could apply to the folks from the Philippines as well but not exactly in the same way.

I suspect the above may be the thinking but don’t know for sure. Needs a good business plan of course, but possibly a niche market away from the bright lights of Dubai?

ExSimGuy
7th Sep 2007, 08:04
Gulf, Emirates, Etihad, Oman Air, Qatar, et al . . . . . . Did somebody say United Arab Emirates :confused:

Sounds a bit like the scramble to have Offshore Island Resorts :(

fractional
9th Oct 2007, 21:00
Emirates Today reported yesterday that businessman Paul Kang announced plans to operate a low-cost carrier Kang Pacific Airlines from Fujairah International Airport and is expected to launch in November, but it does not have a licence from the government yet. Are these guys competing with their neighbours across the mountains on... who does it and when?

Al Fakhem
10th Oct 2007, 04:28
I hope their flight deck crew have a better grasp of English than the person who did their web site ..........:confused:

Desert Diner
10th Oct 2007, 04:32
Fares to the sub-continent tend to be pretty low already.

The employers of these artisans/labourors you speak of thend to purchase tickets based on the size of their haditha than the cost of the ticket.

divingduck
10th Oct 2007, 05:17
No one really cares if there is yet another airline starting up in the UAE.

The really interesting thing is that now Fuj have a VOR again!!!!:ok:

Some would say about bl00dy time:ugh:

superduper
22nd Jan 2008, 13:18
i doubt the airline will start soon as i already hav my appointment letter from them since 3 months am still waiting for my visas....

superduper
23rd Jan 2008, 09:25
Dear frnd even am serching webpages every day which says that kang is abt to operate or saying the final date of operation as me myself having an offer letter from the forthcoming airlines, am from India and its been 3 months i got my appointment letter from them am still waiting fr my visas IS ANYONE IN THIS ROOM FACING SAME PROBLEM AND BECAUSE OF THIS AM NOT BEEN ABLE TO RESIGN FROM MY PRESENT EMPLOYER...ANY1 HERE WHO GOT SELECTED IN DA INTERVIEW??????????????KINDLY REPLY!!!!

superduper
23rd Jan 2008, 09:30
Any1 Here Who Is From India Mumbai Or Delhi Fot Offer Letter From Kang Pacific Airlines???????????looking Fr A Company Together In Fujairah.....

737BBJ
23rd Jan 2008, 13:03
Kang Pacific is still on the drawing board. The process of getting a GCAA AOC is nowhere near completion and the start-up is, according to the rumours network, set to March sometimes. And then as a wet lease with equippment from Indonesia, I believe.

Is this another UAE dreamer like RAK Airways? Probably. the only difference is the funding in RAK seems endless. Kang Pacific will have to prove the same ability to produce enough funds. To prove a better operation than in RAK should not be difficult, but then they have to put some professionals behind the desks.

Mr. Kang, in order not to be a permanent thread on pprune, do yourself and your new airline a favour and learn from the mistakes in RAK.

superduper
24th Jan 2008, 16:34
hi frnd, can u plz gimme some clue abt the airlines when they gonna start as am holding their job letter frm 3 mths....!!
Thnx

fractional
25th May 2008, 11:27
What happened to this projected new airline out of Fujeirah? What happened to Paul Kang, the mentor of such project?
The airline is the brainchild of Paul Kang, an Indian businessman who previously owned companies involved in aviation catering as well as supplying to duty free shops in the UK and Fujairah.

sec 3
25th May 2008, 13:18
Etihad Airways has just been designated as " The National Low Cost Airline of the UAE." Emirates is back to it's rightful place as the National Airline.:}

colincampbell
29th Aug 2008, 14:41
Does anyone have the current status of Kang Pacific Airlines?
Are they operating?
Anyone out there actually hired and flying there?
Thanks,
Colin

ExSimGuy
29th Aug 2008, 14:52
Etihad Airways has just been designated as " The National Low Cost Airline of the UAE." Emirates is back to it's rightful place as the National Airline
:p
"Low Cost"? Gulf Air's prices are similar (as are probably M-Rats) - probably only a matter of what airline has the best route/prices for your particular needs.

fractional
29th Aug 2008, 17:44
They are all going low cost...Etihad Airways has slashed many of its airfares by up to 50% for travel during Ramadan and the autumn period. The special promotion, which runs from September 1 to November 10, sees prices to popular destinations like London reduced by 52% to Dhs1,900 ($518). The period covering October 1 to 3 is excluded from the special offer. Outbound travel must be completed by October 10.
Information extracted from AMEInfo

Ayla
29th Aug 2008, 18:18
Operating 3 old aircraft out of Fujairah, I bet Air Arabia et al are quaking in their boots!

ExSimGuy
30th Aug 2008, 10:06
I have tried to get "promotional" fares from Etihad in the past, but the date I wanted was "no seats left available in that class". Funnily enough, so was the day before and two days after (I gave up checking at that point!) **

Dhs 1,900 is a 53% reduction to LON? Then their "normal" fare is around Dhs 4,000? I can always get a GF flight, even at short notice, for between about 3,200 and 3,700 depending on departure airport. I'll keep building (albeit slowly;)) my GF FF points.

**Edited to add - even trying well (over a month) in advance