PDA

View Full Version : foot in the door

Raving
11th Aug 2007, 17:46
hello to all in forum.... hoping to find my way into aviation in some form or another at the moment i am a self employed electrican living in leeds UK aged 37 :( ..... what i am looking for is some way of getting into aviation in the technical side of it ....

i am willing to do any coarses or learning to start and then maybe progress further but dont know where to start any pointer please

regards

Rigga
11th Aug 2007, 20:58
Hi Raving,
I rather enjoy giving advice to future aviation mechanics, technicians and even engineers - I see it as part of my job to be a bit upbeat and to get people into what I have always enjoyed.

Personally - I think you really must be Raving!
Your 37 - self-employed, and at such a stage in your life as to be able to dream of something else......
So...You spend the next few years working for far less than a gartrage mechanic and in the eveings you are trying to study to pass 12 -17 modules for a licence to be an aircraft mechanic or technician.
You end up at the wrong side of 40 with little or no experience that most places want.
Stay where you are! you would not like the pay drop.

(Edited for rather poor spellink)

stevef
11th Aug 2007, 21:23
Well, I've got to agree with Rigga on all points.
However, Google Kingston University Aircraft Engineering courses for more information.

WOTME?
12th Aug 2007, 18:11
Friend of mine just left Thomsunfly or whatever Brits are now called.
Has 25+ years in the job,full B1 on a whole host of types.
Just started up as a self employed house electrician.

mono
12th Aug 2007, 20:27
Friend of mine just left Thomsunfly or whatever Brits are now called.
Has 25+ years in the job,full B1 on a whole host of types.
Just started up as a self employed house electrician.

He must be mad! Surely if he waited a few months he could have got a shed load of wonga by asking for redundancy??