PDA

View Full Version : DA42 Kneeboard - IR

MrHorgy
11th Aug 2007, 13:56
Hi folks,

I did a search for this and didn't come up with much - what are people doing kneeboard wise for IR in the Twinstar? I thought about making one with a bloody great hole in but I don't know the stick travel.

What do people think works best?

Horgy

AppleMacster
11th Aug 2007, 15:08
Horgy,
When I did my IR in the DA42 18 months ago, I used a small A5 board with a single clip at the top. I redesigned the school's plog to fit the A5 board and laminated it so that it could be wiped clean and reused.

You can download a pdf and an Excel file of them here (http://web.mac.com/applemacster/Flying/DA42.html)

BlueRobin
11th Aug 2007, 19:01
The key is getting a plog designed. We use an A4 piece of paper folded in half to A5. With a A5 kneeboard/clipboard you can therefore write on the top page and the page underneath, but not page 2. Therefore no item on that page should require any inflight scribing.

For plates I use an A5 ring binder with inserts. Its up to you whether you fold the folder over and balance it on your knee, or pull the relevant plates out.

Callsign Kilo
12th Aug 2007, 09:43
Used the Jeppesen Tri-Board. Tri-Board on one knee with my checklist and plates. Metal clipboard on the other with my plog. Worked a treat.

lady in red
12th Aug 2007, 21:32
Pooleys have one specifically designed for the DA42.

0-8
12th Aug 2007, 21:36
I used two A5 kneeboards, one on each leg. One for plates and one for the plog.

Looked a bit stupid but worked really well.

cmariash
20th Aug 2007, 19:54
"Pooleys have one specifically designed for the DA42"

I searched on their web site and couldn't find a knee board specific for the DA42. Can you help me find this, as I find my trifold is not comfortable to use on long flights with the stick in the middle.

thanks,
Cary

lady in red
20th Aug 2007, 21:31
Try phoning them at their Elstree office as the design is probably too new to have been placed on the website.

MrHorgy
20th Aug 2007, 22:07
I couldn't find one either, so I made a setup - cost me a fiver for both. I'll bob a picture on here tommorrow, they aren't QUITE finished, but usable at the moment.

Horgy