PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air and irresponsible posters

brassbut
11th Aug 2007, 13:26
I read with a lot of interest what some have had to say about the recent developments at Gulf Air.

It is clear that there are many disgruntled employees, but more impotant too much slandering.

There are two reasons why slandering should not be allowed and moderators have been active in ensuring the posts are as informative as possible:

The know how brought about by expats is not available in the region or anywhere else and if doubted, this could result in massive job losses for many westerners in the region and industry.
To ensure that the supply chains don't change and regional airlines do pay where they otherwise benefit from other advantages like low taxation and other employment regulations.I have met MK a few times and apart from a slight arrogance on his part, I am sure he did a great job bringing the airline around after all he is white and a westerner!

salahabuali
11th Aug 2007, 14:02
White and westerner?

Does that exempt hime from any responsibility? or does that give him an extra edge over other races?

ironbutt57
11th Aug 2007, 14:15
Thought he was Australasian:}:p

salahabuali
11th Aug 2007, 14:28
Didn't know Australasians were convicts too!:\

boeingdriverx
11th Aug 2007, 14:54
I will say only one thing:

Freedom of speech for everybody !

salahabuali
11th Aug 2007, 14:56
Well moderators don't think so!

Che Guevara
11th Aug 2007, 16:03
The know how brought about by expats is not available in the region or anywhere else and if doubted, this could result in massive job losses for many westerners in the region and industry.
To ensure that the supply chains don't change and regional airlines do pay where they otherwise benefit from other advantages like low taxation and other employment regulations.
Brassbut,

Sorry, but try as I may, I am having great difficulty understanding what exactly you are trying to say here....would you kindly re-phrase it for me;)

Chao

brassbut
11th Aug 2007, 16:05
White and westerners rule, like it or not!:ok:

brassplate
11th Aug 2007, 16:14
ok............:bored:.....so you're one of "them".......who can't find a decent job in their competitive white worlds only to go somewhere foreign to impose your superior ways..........gotta say i have to agree with you on that one.

salahabuali
11th Aug 2007, 16:24
No comment I guess....let them rule they haw done so for over 100 and some years, what's new?

SIUYA
11th Aug 2007, 22:28
Thread title is: Gulf Air and irresponsible posters

ironbutt57 posted:

Thought he was Australasian

As Australasia is a region of Oceania that includes Australia, New Zealand, PNG, Solomon Islands, and neighbouring islands in the Pacific Ocean.

So, exactly what 'responsible' point are you trying to make ironbutt?? :confused:

Bombay HF
11th Aug 2007, 22:32
Cut him some slack, he's doing ok compared to most of his countrymen. An aussie friend of mine was once asked by a Yank if Australia was next door to Switzerland!:D

salahabuali
11th Aug 2007, 23:35
Isn't Australia the 53rd state of the nation?:sad:

With their foreign policy they could even be the 2nd.

soggyblonde
12th Aug 2007, 07:56
I have seen a fair few post about white, westener and questions asking why we are here. As I have stated before and you have all probably guessed....I am a westener and guess what I am white too. We come to the region because there is no tax which gives us a chance to save so serious money in a short amount of time. But don't worry.... we will not stay here forever. We get to leave this third rate over-rated featureless region and take all our tax free money back home. But until then you have to put up with us or find some locals with the same about of qualifications to replace us. I am sick and tired of white and westeners getting dumped on. Replace us with locals or just shut the hell up.

Mach084
12th Aug 2007, 13:31
For all the years I've been in GF I have never encountered any racial issues. However in recent times it seems that several threads started here on Pprune end up with much racial abuse.

What's wrong people, don't let your frustration with the company situation lead you down that utterly stupid road. We are all one team, we work together, eat, drink and face the same problems together and share the same frustrations.

By voicing the issues here on Pprune that concern us we may get something done, skin colour, race and religion have nothing to do with any of the problems GF is facing.

Just my humble opinion.

Cheers
Mach

NO FD NO SRS
12th Aug 2007, 14:09
Agree with you M84, we are all in this one togather but there are some bad apples on both sides like soggy blonde.

A300Man
12th Aug 2007, 15:53
Regardless of what you all say, and no matter how many insults you all throw at each other, and no matter who is to blame for the current fiasco at Gulf Air............IT WILL BE A DAMN SHAME IF THE GOLDEN FALCON DISAPPEARS FROM THE TAILS OF AIRCRAFT ACROSS THE REGION.

Gulf Air is where it all started in this region, guys, and was the foundation and catalyst for ALL airline businesses in the region (EK, QR, WY, SV, ME) that currently employ you ...........show some respect for the GF Golden Falcon, if not neccessarily for the humans who have - over years - taken the company to where it now crouches in the corner trying to fend itself from the current onslaught of kicks and punches from the outside world.

CI100
12th Aug 2007, 16:27
while we are talking about the Gulf Air and others.....have anyone noticed every aircraft that comes out of the hanger got the UAE flag on it again?

what gives?

ironbutt57
12th Aug 2007, 19:37
Take a chill pill suiya...see the emoticons after the post????? it was in jest mate I personally have no beef w Mr Kent...

soggyblonde
12th Aug 2007, 20:30
My comments were not racial nor do I consider myself a bad apple. I was only pointing out the fact that there are a lot of raial issues in Gf. I was only pointing out there really is not all that much you can do in the region. I was only pointing out that I am sick and tired and getting dumped on because I am white and a westener. If locals don't like white or westeners over here.... stop giving us contracts and give them to locals. Hell !! If someone has more qualifications than me give the job to them. I ain't going to BITCH about it:rolleyes: Only today when I was talking with GF crew and a comment was made from a local that the expat crew should not recieve the payrise:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. With comments like that from my so called buddies no wonder I get mad. Sorry NO FD NO SRS if I offended you, but you would be mad if you were in my place:sad:
To MACH 084

I agree with you ..... we all work together..... TOGETHER WE CAN DO IT!!. I hope there are no copyrights on my last comment or I'm SCREWED.

Nope - it's all OK; you're just a soggyblonde. 4HP

Raj Merlion
13th Aug 2007, 02:45
Bravo brassplate...TOUCHE!

salahabuali
13th Aug 2007, 08:53
Soggyblonde,

ladies' night is wednesday and drinks are free for the likes of you who can't make a difference anyway, so spare our livelihood and get on with it without your soggy comments.

Ma3assalama!

SIUYA
13th Aug 2007, 09:26
ironbutt57................OK
Tone and tenor of salahabuali's posts don't suggest any jesting though, so exactly what 'responsible' point(s) are you trying to make salahabuali by directing such caustic comments towards soggyblonde? :confused:
Care to explain?

salahabuali
13th Aug 2007, 12:48
SIUYA.

I like'em tighter, but then again it's a matter of taste.

You may not like my comments, but I can frankly rest in peace knowing they are not as caustic as those of Soggyblond and the original poster of this thread who openly agree to white supremacy, the same you don't mind sporting.

This is 2007, and reading some of your posts, one would think we are still liing in the 16th century, really wonder how you got your CPL and how you fare through CRM.

soggyblonde
13th Aug 2007, 16:37
I do not believe in white supremacy and I am not the original poster of this thread....I believe brassbut is!!!!
Like I keep saying, I hate reading about white or weteners geting dumped on. I will defend it when I see it. Your the last person to talk with some of your posts I have read!!!!!!!!!!:ouch:

SIUYA
13th Aug 2007, 21:06
salahabuali..................

I'm really at a loss to know how you arrive at the conclusion that my posts suggest that I openly agree to white supremacy :confused:

I'm equally at a loss to know what my CPL and CRM have got to do with my asking you to explain what 'responsible' points you're trying to make. :confused:

Your last post, however, leaves me in no doubt whatsoever that it's totally pointless entering into a battle of wits with you salahabuali.........because it's quite apparent that you're completely unarmed for such a contest. :ugh:

salahabuali
13th Aug 2007, 23:17
Never assume until you re sure whiteboy, or you might not have a single feather left to sport.

Cheers!

4HolerPoler
14th Aug 2007, 00:59
What a load of crap.

Thread closed.

This forum is getting a bit of a smell. Clean up your acts or I'll be obliged to show you the door.

4HP