PDA

View Full Version : SA licence Validation

taillow
11th Aug 2007, 11:31
Hi,

Im sure that this has been covered but could not find an answer ,sorry if it has!

To get an ICAO licence validated to an SA ,what is required?

I understand i must sit Law and procedures exam and a flight test, i have a caravan on my NZ licence. Do i need to do a flight test, and can do this test in a caravan?

Thanks

theRealFlyingNomad
12th Aug 2007, 20:22
I would say Yes, and Yes...

Had to do a flight test with a SA DE too, and on the van...plus the Law and procedure..

Not such a big deal! ( except if you pay the Flight by yourself! )

enjoy

MungoP
13th Aug 2007, 04:53
Procedure is pretty straightforward.... Sit and Air-Law exam... take a flight test in a light twin ... any type aircraft (as opposed to aircraft 'type' ) you've flown elsewhere will automatically be allowed on your SA validation... eg.. if you flown turbo-props up tp 12500 lbs then you'll be allowed to fly any similar aircraft... you won't be allowed to type an aircraft in SA onto the validation after it has been issued. Simuflight ( not to be confused with the US 'SimuFlite') based at Grand Central Airport can do it for you and no doubt there are others maybe at Lanseria...

DHC8-FO
15th Aug 2007, 01:38
be careful MungoP, there are several cameras watching your every movement right this moment........:)

I dont think ive played a game of pool since our last few rounds.

MungoP
15th Aug 2007, 04:58
I'm wearing a false moustache... see your PMs :cool:

yanafrica
15th Aug 2007, 20:20
www.caa.co.za

file:///Users/powerbook/Desktop/30.7.pdf

kaldandachi
18th Nov 2007, 15:57
what helicopter company in the middle east accept A/P license