PDA

View Full Version : FTA or China Southern

airaholic
11th Aug 2007, 02:27
Does anyone know what the instructor sponsorship deal with flight training Adelaide is?

Who would be the better company to work for China Southern or FTA? Bare in mind I am NOT intending on going down the instructing path as a way to build hrs to jump into a airline seat but looking at a career as an instructor. I'm not saying the airline thing wont happen one day but really enjoyed my training experience and have been a diving instructor for the last 10 and really enjoy teaching people.

Does anyone know if China Southern will offer a simmilar oppertunity in the near future?

Berner
12th Aug 2007, 14:52
Don't quote me here but I think the FTA deal will cost you about $6000 for the instructor issue plus you'll probably be bonded for a fair while. I know of someone getting a 3 year bond for cheap instrument rating there. Give them a call, it can't hurt.

If you are prepared to head to Perth then maybe look into Singapore (www.sfcpl.com) (http://www.sfcpl.com).

If you are looking at career instructing I don't know if you would like the mentality of an international sausage factory though, but, they do pay the award, which is more than a lot of them out there. I heard even Aerospace Aviation is paying the award. Hopefully that'll put the squeeze on Basair a bit:)

Good luck

airaholic
13th Aug 2007, 09:59
Thanks for that. Well it just so happens that i am based in Perth but saw the add on afap. Got an email from them looks like a big sacrifice to move to adelaide for a casual job at the end of the training and then they still want you to have CIR befor moving on to cadets. Probably better off staying this side of the slab just for the sake of saving few bob.