PDA

View Full Version : aircraft crew screening.

AVSEC
11th Aug 2007, 01:16
I am hopeful that Bellview,Arik Air,Aero contractors,and Virgin Nigeria will learn lessons from the Virgin Atlantic crew member attempting to smuggle cocaine into the United Kingdom.
Traditionally,airline crew object to being screened by their airline AVSEC teams,and this shows why it is necessary for crew to be screened.
It could just have easily been an IED,since the crew member showed little remorse on the news clips we veiwed on cable over here while he was being interveiwed.
The identity of the crew member shows him to be of possibly nothern nigerian extraction which is predominantly muslim in religious practise(no negative implication intended PLEASE)
African operators please use hightened security measures to avoid a repeat of this unfortunate incident.

Alpha Bravo Bravo
11th Aug 2007, 02:45
Avsec, the fact that he was caught or the stuff was found indicates that adequate security measures are in place:cool: However, it is a shame that avsec coys operating in Nigeria, which you are a part of couldnt catch him but for the efforts of the Nigerian Security Agencies.I am not however aware of the circumstances that led to his arrest.

It is very irresponsible of you to ascribe religion or ethnicity in this matter.

As a northerner and a Pilot, i take exception to your posting. Your quick assertion that no negative meanings should be read, is false , and a hypocritical gimmick here mate.

Please do not ever bring religion or ethnicity here. We have been enjoying use of this forum as one single union irrespective of our religion or ethnicity.

Take your b:mad:t home please.And for your information, there are many many pilots, engineers, aviation staffers, cabin crew of northern extraction working in Nigeria. So go to h:mad:l if that is a problem for you.

putt for dough
11th Aug 2007, 10:30
Avsec
Now how would you get an IED through security at any
airport?With all the X-ray machines and other measures in place?

Cocaine is obviously a little easier, thats why there are so many
muels.Its a numbers game obviously. The more who attempt
this pathetic means to some cash, the more get through security.

Save the drama mate! :ugh:

Rani
11th Aug 2007, 11:21
"The identity of the crew member shows him to be of possibly nothern nigerian extraction which is predominantly muslim in religious practise(no negative implication intended PLEASE"
So why mention it? What difference does it make if he was Igbo, Hausa or Efik? He is a Nigerian and was apprehended, and that's all what should matter.

By the way, I wouldn't rush to praise any security agency either public or private - it was probably a tip off.

moonshine707
11th Aug 2007, 14:16
Alpha Bravo Bravo stop talking shi:mad:, we have all seen this religion issue repeat itself over and over again!!! Its mostly always those who have those bewildered believes that endup believing they can get away with it, they are almost always caught. SO HOW DO U EXPLAIN THAT???????????:ugh::ugh::ugh: Your sensitivity leads me to believe that your opposition to this issue means you know their guilty, but a shame to you!:= And if you want to you can add gender and race to it too!!!:sad: same facts, so wake up and get real

AVSEC
16th Aug 2007, 00:55
alpha bravo I really am sorry if my comments offended you in any way.It was not meant to.
Aviation security believe it or not,within the world we live in,does employ racial steorotype thecniques,with a heavy reliance on cultural/religious/social background info gleaned from travel documentation carried by passengers.
This is the dark side of security.
The technique has no bias on religion or race but takes note of current global trends,while screening intending travellers.
Nigeria appears to have come a long way in terms of developing its aviation industry.Good work by the government agencies/agency involved.
Alpha bravo I hope you can take this as purely a discussion on current affairs within our industry.