PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair pilots based in Frankfurt

DontSink
15th Mar 2002, 02:54
Hello chaps,. .. .Are there any Ryanair pilots based in Frankfurt around? Or some one who knows detaisl of their work... Someone who can tell me if it is worthwhile working for Ryan in Germany? Who are Ryan`s pilots? German? Do they earn more, or less that the other ones in tha UK and Ireland? Do you need herman license. Are the Rostering criteria and terms just like Ryan`s in the UK?. .. .cheer!

733driver
16th Mar 2002, 00:48
OK, since nobody seems to bee able or willling to provide detailed information Iīll tell you what I know and/or have heard! I do know there are some germans flying for Ryanair. I donīt know how many of them are now based At Hahn(Frankfurt), though. I do know of quite a few german 737 rated pilots who have applied but have not had an answer other than the automated email messages. All those pilots currently fly 737īs! I suppose that Ryanair might prefer pilots who are currently jobless because those might accept contracts that others wouldnīt. A fellow pilot (I believe he was a belgian national) posted parts of a contract here that they had offered him for employment as an F/O on the -800 series based in Hahn. It was far from anything I would sign as long as I have another job. Bad pay and conditions. The airplanes are registered in ireland so you need a JAA ATPL or a national licence acceptable to the irish CAA! I have personally not heard of anybody being invited for an interview after they started taking money for the application!

schwabn
17th Mar 2002, 01:19
733Driver,. .. .Just because you don't know anyone who has been offered a job doesn't mean that Ryanair don't recruit. . .As I've said before, what is your objection with good money for hard work?. . . . <small>[ 17 March 2002, 07:03: Message edited by: PPRuNe Towers ]</small>

DontSink
17th Mar 2002, 22:20
733driver,. .. .Thank you, for your info! Aparently no one knows much about Ryanair operations out of Frankfurt. .. .Thank for your info

LimaNovember
18th Mar 2002, 11:51
TheFlyingIrishman,. .. .There is nothing wrong with good money for hard work. But what are you trying to say? that the Ryanair pilots earn good money for the amount of hours and days they put in every month? If yes, I have to talk to my friend flying for Ryanair out of Hahn. I know he does not think the money is near to being good.

jackmorgan
21st Mar 2002, 23:31
money and conditions practically the same as dublin and charloi pilots....not as good as stansted but that is mainly due to the strength of sterling ....if you joined after 9/11 thaen you are on half sector pay for year one and 75% year 2 full year 3 ...the ryans don't really need direct entry cpts at the mo as they have shed loads of fo's ready for training ...the people who are there a while are happy and there shares are worth a fair bit at the mo ....life is pretty simple in the ryans ...hard work well paid ...and never never p**s miko off ...he who has the gold makes the rules !!!. . . . <small>[ 21 March 2002, 19:32: Message edited by: noddylives ]</small>