PDA

View Full Version : Tagged/Mentored Schemes

PLATO_Y2K
10th Aug 2007, 18:22
Howzit All,

Right a quick question with regard to the current Mentored or Tagged Schemes that are running at FTE. As I understand it (from my limited experience of them) there is no commitment from either the company or the student until the MCC stage of the course, where upon the airline will decide to take the cadet and continue with any aditional training at FTE (funded by the airline) and then move onto type ratings etc. up to normal FO position.

My questions are: What kind of success rate do these schemes offer? I.E. do tagged/mentored students typically get taken on my the respective airlines. Does it limit your options with regard to other airlines at FTE offering you jobs? How much involvement do the respective airlines have in the day to day (or month to month if that is more accurate) life while over in Jerez?

And if there is any other pertinent information that anyone knows about these schemes I would be most appreciative if you could share. As you may or may not have guessed, I have been accepted onto one, and am quite keen, but am hoping to find out a little more on the topic and how the schemes really run.

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

Craig :ok:

P.S. Before I am accused of being lazy, I have read the FTE Thread (took me a while!) and searched/scoured the boards)

PLATO_Y2K
13th Aug 2007, 15:09
Anyone got any views???