PDA

View Full Version : GV recurent unanswered questions

Gulfstreamaviator
10th Aug 2007, 17:37
Just completed a GV recurrent, (not at SAV), and two points raised that I can not fully validate:

1) The internal baggage door will close automatically should there be a pressure loss...If open at time of loss of pressure.

2) There is a Glf limit of 60 mins overwater flight....as Glf have an issue that requires resolution.

Never seen either in the books, perhaps a wiser and older guy can assist.

regards, glf

refplus20
10th Aug 2007, 18:22
1) The internal baggage door will close automatically should there be a pressure loss...If open at time of loss of pressure.
Untrue. The internal baggage is a crude device that must be shut firmly by a crew member and is required to be closed at and above FL410.
2) There is a Glf limit of 60 mins overwater flight....as Glf have an issue that requires resolution.
Not heard of that one. Maybe getting confused with ETOPs requirements on Part 135 charter operations.

Gulfstreamaviator
11th Aug 2007, 09:10
I agree about the door, I have seen one naked, and it was rather basic.

re 60 mins: this might be 135, but I was advised it related to all ops, not just 135.

thks so far.

glf

refplus20
11th Aug 2007, 10:25
I have trawled through the latest info from the Gulfstream current aircraft pubs, and cannot find any reference to 60 minute ETOP limit. If it were to be fact, what would happen to Gulfstream sales? 2 years ago, Gulfstream publishes an OMS on ETOP operations. You can find it at

https://www.mygulfstream.com/portal/customer/pilots/_docs/G550-OMS-05%20Rev%2000.pdf.

I can only think it must relate to Part 135 operation. AFAIAA there is no ETOP restriction on part 91 operations, just common sense!

refplus20
11th Aug 2007, 11:19
Think I may have gone off-subject a bit (ETOPs as opposed to Extended Overwater Flight), but all the references I can find to Extended Overwater Flight refer to the equipment that has to be carried. The only distance limitation is 50nms without this equipment. Still doesn't answwer the question though. :confused: