PDA

View Full Version : Highest Min Req. Ever?

The Hedge
10th Aug 2007, 13:58
This takes some beating:

CHIEF PILOT

***** Aviation based at *****Airport is seeking a chief pilot with the following requirements: -

ATPL
Minimum 10 instrument rating renewals
Minimum 10,000 hours total time
Minimum 500 hours King Air experience
Check and training approval
Please send relevant details electronically to Operations Manager

Mecarsa Bitrusty
10th Aug 2007, 14:38
Shuttle endorsement,
Minimum 6 return orbits of the earth, must produce logbook proof

Yeah, that should cover it! :ugh:

Desert Duck
10th Aug 2007, 15:38
If he is paying the bills he can ask for what ever mins he feels like.

It may be an insurance requirement?

Rich-Fine-Green
10th Aug 2007, 19:20
Just a guess:

The employer may already have the right person selected and ready to start.

Just one small problem; The Guy/Girl needs a working Visa to get into Oz.

Solution; Set the bar high and run ads nationally for a few weeks. After a short time (and no responses to the Ad), the Employer can run to Immigration and prove they need Pilot X as they can not find anyone locally to fill the position.

Providing Pilot X meets background and health checks - a working Visa can be issued under several different programs.

Happens quite often in Industries outside Aviation. Now that experianced Pilots are getting a bit scarce, overseas recruitment by stealth may become more common.

The Hedge
10th Aug 2007, 19:41
It may be an insurance requirement

You are kidding right?

Desert Duck
11th Aug 2007, 00:19
The Hedge

No I am not kidding - over the years I have flown many executives that have had some very strange crewing requirements put in place by their insurance company.

bushy
11th Aug 2007, 02:43
Some years ago (when Alice Springs had service from two airlines) there was one company that had executives who were so important that one would travel to Alice in one airline, and the other one would go with the other airline. But when they got to Alice they would both board the same Cheiftain to fly out to the mine site.
Funny how that importance vanishes when dollars become involved.

knight kevlar
11th Aug 2007, 04:35
I think they already have some one in mind for job,however I am going to apply justto " muddy the water" as my experience exceeds most if not all of their criteria.
mind you if it is anything like the REX/Pelair group shall hear nothing.
Regarding pilot warranty (eg experience) what I am finding is the consultant/auditing organisations are prescribing the experience level requirements especially for resource companies.
You can usually negotiate with insurance underwriters regarding pilots minimum experience but be prepared for some extra conditions..

neville_nobody
11th Aug 2007, 10:17
You would be suprised who has those sort of quals, I know of at least 2 people who would easily meet those minimums, one has been a chief pilot. I am sure there are plenty more around, however I don't think any of the people who had those qualifications would actually want the job.

Triple Captain
11th Aug 2007, 10:41
Knowing of the person who is leaving this position, these minimums are probably about half this guys existing experience.

pithblot
12th Aug 2007, 10:33
What would the job be like?

It could be a step up from driving a King Air in Meekatharra: Maybe with top dollars it would work out ok.

rammel
12th Aug 2007, 11:30
If you saw the ad in last week's Australian, you would know who the company is. Yes they do have money, but what do they pay their pilot/s like I don't know.

drongo
12th Aug 2007, 21:50
The unwritten requirement would be not to have previously barrel rolled a king air like the son allegedly was caught on video doing.