PDA

View Full Version : Skytrans.

160knots
10th Aug 2007, 06:02
Skytrans looking for pilots on the AFAP website for Nth Qld. Operations. Anybody know what the go is? Do they still require 1500 hours and 2 renewals to fly the pistons? Have the twin requirements but not the 1500 nor the 2 renewals. If anybody has info on the above could you please PM me.

Unhinged
10th Aug 2007, 13:42
That ad was in today's Australian. Their website (www.skytrans.com.au) still lists 1500/300 + 2 renewals, but it seems they're looking for quite a few pilots at the moment

Yusef Danet
11th Aug 2007, 04:21
and so long as "Skytrans" remains interchangable with "professional GA" among airline flt ops managers, they will continue to need more pilots.

I would have use the word 'synonymous' but that's too big a word for a pilot.

bushy
11th Aug 2007, 04:34
Are those pesky little aeroplanes stealing business from You?
You know, the ones that provide a service where pax do not have to stand in line for sixty minutes or so.
Or are you trying to sell them some turbines?

160knots
12th Aug 2007, 03:32
I hear they look favourably on pilots with Nth.Qld experience. They also have a base on Horn Island, so I guess guys like me from the West have little chance.

Roger Copy Ta
12th Aug 2007, 08:19
Stop selling yourself short mate, might as well have a crack. Send in an application and follow it up with a call. Show them your keen. Say you can make up for low experience with loyalty, a good attitude, etc, etc... believe you will be an asset to them.

The trend at the mo is that minimums are dropping, the regionals are hiring and everyone is getting sucked up the ladder. Operators like skytrans are beginning to feel the pinch, or soon will be I'm sure.

I've heard so many stories of pilots getting employed by companies well below their stated minimums that it's become silliness to not apply everywhere. Have a crack mate, the field is opening up and it's game on!

Missy Mouse
15th Aug 2007, 11:43
Definate real reliable inside info -->
They have a continuing need for pilots. If you even close to their preferred minimums give it a go. They provide good sound training and in return ask for a 12 month commitment. Yes they employ females and also foreign nationals. They have something like 6 Kiwis on strength. The new Chief Pilot Damon Pagani is originally a Kiwi too. Just give them a go. They are strong on the 12 month committment.

morno
15th Aug 2007, 12:19
Damon Pagani the Chief Pilot of Skytrans??

Guessing he won't be flying around in VCB anymore then.

morno

SmokingHole
15th Aug 2007, 12:30
Anyone know about pay, conditions etc. How long do you have to do on Horn flying bongos?
Who'd have thought 5years ago companys like ST advertising for lineys...desperate times. Someone will have to pay$$:rolleyes:

2p!ssed2drive
15th Aug 2007, 12:57
i'm led to believe they pay the award wage for ME IFR...