View Full Version : SIA Recruiting Status

fullforward
13th Oct 2001, 09:18
Is SIA still recruiting, interviewing?

hotmocha
13th Oct 2001, 19:26
Well,well I know a lot of guys are out of job now but I just couldn't help it....but to say this.I have always noticed that there were so much many ungrateful people out there complaining about SIA especially those employed by SIA and keep back stabbing your employer . Now with the downturn you guys have to eat your own words.
Maybe more of you guys now have to beg Asians carriers for a job.
Don't think all white man are born to fly and treat the rest of the world like school boys. Treat your employer with respect as they are the one who pays your salary.It is also because of your own poor attitude that you will be the first to get sacked if the airline gets a bad name/reputation. :D

mjenkinsblackdog
13th Oct 2001, 22:45
Hot How smug you are .Employers only use pilots because they have to .I was made redundant by one once and it had nothing to do with loyalty you silly man.
Its all about supply and demand ,end of story. :cool:

albatrossuk
14th Oct 2001, 00:12
mocha you silly little man.
sia could never have expanded to where it is now if not for the very people you now gloat over.you would probably not have the job you do as singapore could never supply their own crew demands.hence could never have expanded.
this is the worst airline and economic downturn for 30 yrs.dont gloat too quickly for you might be a cabin crew or redundant soon.it has happened before in sia and it may just again soon.
sia has no internal rte structure like mas or thai,hence the downgrading of sia credit today by salomon.
beware. :eek:

New York Pilot
14th Oct 2001, 06:48
It can be the best of times or the worst of times, however, SIA will always have the attitude that they can do whatever they want and people will still want to fly for them. Somehow, I just do not feel that way and I know lots of expats and Singaporeans as well, despite all the daily SIA hype in The Strait Times, who would agree with me. There are still those out there with the trash mentality that the Chinese are the superior race(ie.hotmocha), an "Ah Beng" mentality, but then there are also some good ones too in Singapore and at SIA that just grin and bear with it putting up with the immaturity, lack of intelligence and reality on a every day basis. There is a great Indian word for them, we just call them collies.

SIA has so many safety concerns, the western carriers do not require their Pilots to be subservent and new hies and promotion is never based on your race. I hear at SIA, Singapore Ignorant Airlines, that even on simulator checks the Chinese are always graded to a higher level than non-Chinese despite some very unworthy performance.

Please, do not tell me about the white man kissing you as* for I may be not white but I will defend them to the death for only they have given me the opportunity in life that SIA could never have the capcity to do.

Once again, SIA is of the opinion that they can do anything they want and people will still want to fly for them. Somehow, I just dont feel that way... Thank you one and all, God bless.

[ 15 October 2001: Message edited by: New York Pilot ]