PDA

View Full Version : Help from senior pilots...converting from faa.(tag:Mauritius)

Captain_djaffar
9th Aug 2007, 17:30
hi...my nephew is getting enrolled in a US academy of flight and will soon go to florida to start his ppl++inst+comm+ME+CFI+CFII+MEI courses under the F.A.R 141 approved programs...he has been guaranteed of a flight instruct work period of 1 year with the flying school after he passes all his courses and that too within 12 months...so they are expecting real seriousness from the students.

The thing is that he is a mauritian...and that he wants to return home and stand a chance of working for Air Mauritius as soon as they will be recruiting.
All the fuss is about the FAA certificates that he will receive...can anyone tell me if he will need conversions of his licenses or will he be elligible to work in mauritius with his FAA license due to ICAO regulations.
Under which body is mauritius regulated??????

please someone clear me because we got some little time still to modify the whole education plan!!

propswing
9th Aug 2007, 22:21
As far as I know and someone please correct me if im wrong, a few years ago only european licenses were accepted, I know lot of pilots now working for MK who had to go to France and do a JAR license when they already had a FAA, Auzzi or S.A license. But today S.A and Auzzi licenses are accepted by MK but unfortunately not the FAA license. So if he wants to come work for Air Mauritius rather not go for the FAA license...not that I have anything against FAA..its just how it is at MK...

discus2
14th Aug 2007, 22:29
Hello,
Na, some of Mk pilots have for base licenses,FAA,JAA, Canadian, SA, Australian...
DCA (local Civil Aviation ) issues licences on the basis of ICAO licences.
However that license mentions ATP issued on the basis of license FAA ATP number...Though not sure they issue license without employment.
Kind of a validation to me.
Been there done it.
Cheers.