PDA

View Full Version : Emirates get back in touch ?

helene
9th Aug 2007, 15:56
Hi !

Can anyone tell me whether Emirates really keep your details on file for 6 months ?
my friend got rejected after interview process in Dubai..very close !
Once turned down though, do they really contact you again should a similar / suitable position arise again within 6 months or is it b******* ?!
thanks for letting me know..I am still hoping for a miracle to happen !!!
cheers

CI100
9th Aug 2007, 18:23
First of all, don't get down because of it, and most of all don't let someone's opinion be your reality.

Keep your file up to date, add your hours every month, this shows that you are still interested. Your time till you can apply again depends on which day of your process you were not successful. If you only did the first day and failed the sim you have to wait one year but I heard if you made it through the third day and failed, you have to wait 3 years....no matter how long you have to wait......if you really want it than you will get it. don't give up and keep your goal always ahead of you.

Wish the best for you.

what_goes_up
9th Aug 2007, 18:24
Hi Helene
This is from the emirates career site:
Reapplications – Policy Change
We are pleased to advise that we are now accepting applications from candidates who have previously attended selection programmes but were unsuccessful. In order to be reconsidered, a period of 24 months must have passed since your attendance at a selection programme and reconsideration of all applications is entirely at Emirates’ discretion. If you are interested in finding out more information, please email [email protected] with your name, date of birth, current postal address and application number (if known). We will then send you information on living in Dubai and working for Emirates, our updated terms and conditions and information on how to reapply.
But it doesn't hurt to ask for clarification concerning minimum period to wait via the above mentioned e-mail or the Recruitment Support Coordinator.
Hope this helps!!

vfenext
10th Aug 2007, 06:43
In order to be reconsidered, a period of 24 months must have passed since your attendance at a selection programme
Clarification, what clarification? It's as plain as day.

nolimitholdem
10th Aug 2007, 12:06
Yes, that's what you would THINK, reading something from Emirates....;-) -obviously you don't work in the Middle East! Reading "it's as plain as day" elicited an involuntary snort of amusement...

I agree, ask them for more information...I do know of those who have not been, shall we say, bound, to the letter of the law....

Vizcaya
17th Aug 2007, 23:27
Sorry to hear that Helene, :(

May I ask what your friend's background (hours, types) was when he applied?

Thanks!

Schnowzer
19th Aug 2007, 07:21
Helene,

my friend got rejected after interview process in Dubai..very close

Does that mean they were close to passing? EK will not tell you why you failed. Few other airlines do so that might be a delusional assumption. I suspect that had they failed for something that it was possible to develop with experience they may get another shot in the future. If they are an axe murderer or turned downwind in the visual circuit and crashed, the chances are less rosy.

But here is the rub for all automated recruitment processes. If you have a computer scoring system and more people apply, they get scored and those suitable get put into the pool. The recruiters now go to the pool to select guys and gals for interview. If the pool is full, all of those above the re-applicants score and most below would have to be given a chance before they would get another shot.

So if someone has failed an interview, there is actually not much chance of another one until the company has run out of other qualified applicants. It really doesn't matter what the policy says.

S

TwinJock
24th Aug 2007, 13:14
The 24 months is not cast in stone - just accepted a driver who failed an interview 11 months ago!

Schnowzer
25th Aug 2007, 06:42
Emirates are now scraping about looking for pilots just like everyone else in the world. At any given standard, ultimately the most attractive, lifestyle, location and package will win. The chances of re-interview go up as the pool dries up.

Interestingly, EK do not seem to be lead turning recruitment at the moment for the introduction of the 380. The top management probably think the recruiters are crying wolf. After all, they predicted a crisis last year and nothing came of it. Why change things if they are not broken.

Of course we all have to thank airbus for not delivering the 380 on time. Had it been here now, 130 Capts and 100 F/Os would already be on the beasty. Think about the hole that would leave in the rest of the airline.

To keep flying they have 4 choices:
Change lifestyle - no!
Change location - possible with basing but over TC's dead body apparently!
Change Package - eventually but only as a last resort
Change Standard - they have been trying that but still are running short

Back to the thread, the powers that be think the 380 will be a great recruitment device and that guys will be throwing themselves at the chance to fly it. I think they will be wrong! That said, if you didn't fail the sim, your chances of reinterviewing will go up over the next year or so. After that, the airline will be forced to take steps to rectify things or wither. Whatever those steps may be they will push you further down the pile.