PDA

View Full Version : One seat for the price of two

BurglarsDog
9th Aug 2007, 15:49
Booked an e ticket on a low cost carrier out of Manch to Prague the other day.
Error message occurred whilst doing the credit card thing on the first attempt necessitating another go. As far as I was concerned this first attempt had failed No problemo thought the Dog and I did the whole booking thing again. This time all details were taken successfully, and a booking ref issued. Checked in later that week to be told that there was another pax with same name on the flight: Funny thought I but hey its a big world. Checked credit card account several days later and realised that I have been charged for 2 seats on the same flight under the same name etc. It would appear that the first booking attempt went through though no ref number etc was issued to me ; only an error message. Question (finally) can you legally book 2 seats on the same flight under same name with same card etc? If not then I may have a case to get the dosh back.
Any advice from similar experiences welcome.
Ta
DogGone (to sulk) :(

BOFH
9th Aug 2007, 19:50
I expect it will come down to your guile and perseverance.

I do not know with whom you booked. Did you receive confirmation emails, and if so, how many?

I understand some musicians pay for an additional seat for their instruments.

BOFH

PAXboy
9th Aug 2007, 22:35
You most certainly can book more than one seat in your name. The carrier will carry on accepting bookings for as long as your credit card is valid! They see each booking as separate.

To get a refund - you MUST take action right away. Do not wait until the day, otherwise the other seats will be a 'no show' and forfeited. Document all that you can and write to their customer services. If departure date is close then try and find a fax number, otherwise, send recorded delivery and keep copies of everything.

BOFH is correct, perseverance is the word.

chrism20
10th Aug 2007, 00:10
This happened to me once and the airline phoned me up and informed me that I had booked two seats on the one plane with the same name and asked if this was correct?

The airline refunded one of the bookings in full to my card.

Some people on here may not believe this but that airline was RYANAIR!

CHIVILCOY
11th Aug 2007, 10:31
BurglarsDog

From what I understand it seems you have already flown?

If so, it looks as if you will be too late to get a refund but you can always try and plead your case.

NuName
11th Aug 2007, 13:50
Your credit card company would normaly refund your money to maintain their credibility. They will usualy protect you.:ok:

heidelberg
12th Aug 2007, 17:54
29th July booked with EI from DUB to MCO (Orlando). Total cost Euro 938.06 using my Laser Debit Card; which according to the site was not accepted.
Logged on again and did the same booking using my VISA card without any problem.
However I received 2 email confirmations - one for payment by the Laser Debit card and a second confirmation for the payment made using the VISA card.
I phoned EI next day and they said no problem - full refund to my Laser card account which reached my bank account on 7th August.
Well done EI - just as I would expect from any reputable airline in similar circumstances.