PDA

View Full Version : Which Headset ?

Trim & Proper
9th Aug 2007, 15:39
afternoon, i've recently passed all my exams for PPL and am in the market to buy a headset. i want ENC (electronic Noise Cancelling) feature but i want to spend between £250 and £500 - could anyone reccomend a decent make or model as i'm at loss as to which one's to purchase ?
cheers

deltaxray
9th Aug 2007, 17:03
Dave clark. Expensive but very good quality.:ok:

bri1980
9th Aug 2007, 17:08
This is a subject guaranteed to polarise the respondants: it's a bit like a tame form of modular or integrated! :rolleyes: Some people will recommend David Clark and others will say they are terrible-and similarly all the other brands.

Personally I have a Sennheiser and I find it very good. It does the job exactly as it should, I'd certainly recommend it.

Bri

jaymak
10th Aug 2007, 09:08
I've got a Bose Aviation Headset X. Expensive, but it's very light and comfortable. It's also has ANR. An excellent headset.

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=headsetx_headset_index&ck=0

MIKECR
10th Aug 2007, 09:25
I have a set of David Clarks which I thought were quite good until I tried the bose x headset, what a difference! The ANR kit was brilliant and without doubt the most comfy set i've ever worn. Could have quite happily kept them on all day. A real shame about the price though, very very expensive.

Frank Furillo
10th Aug 2007, 15:07
When I did my CPL in the USA, I tried several types of headset, I found the Dave Clarks a bit too clamping for my liking, The Bose's awesome but very very pricey, also make sure you carry some batteries as they do not offer much PNR, so I got a very good compromise..... Lightspeed 30G ANR. They are light, plastic construction offer good ANR and more importantly are almost as good as the Bose for PNR and they are a dammed site cheaper, I've just googled them and I found somwhere selling them in the UK for £350.
Now I fly for a living they are in their case in a bag somewhere and I wear a pair of Sennheiser's
FF

Trim & Proper
21st Aug 2007, 01:57
thanks for all the advice and replies - mucho appreciated !!!!