PDA

View Full Version : Bypass Pay if you stay on COS99

COS COS COS COS
9th Aug 2007, 12:27
When will bypass pay be awarded?
Is it only once you get assessed?
So what is stopping the company from delaying my Command assessement?
What if retirement age 65 is introduced in Hong Kong by law?
Will we still get bypass pay?
I know the GC has been asked these questions and the answer was that if Hong Kong law says you can work till 65,.... bye bye bypass pay. You just wait and see. It will come within the next 12 Months and the company knows that, why else would they offer it?
And how comes the "self imposed" deadline on talks was just a few days before the company announced massive profits? Should the AOA not have delayed that deadline to wait and see what kind of money is available!
Wake up AOA!!! This our future you are messing with!!!

Mr. Bloggs
9th Aug 2007, 13:01
You are accessed on Friday. Your course starts Monday. Two days of bypass pay if you take the first course available, if not, no bypass pay. Now back pay. Read the fine print.

You don’t get bypass until your are assessed as suitable. That is done at the last possible time. If you don’t take the first course available at upgrade, then no bypass pay will be paid. Learnt from experience.

PNM
10th Aug 2007, 14:38
Mr Bloggs: I'm trying to find the fine print which says that you don't get bypass pay until assessed as suitable, nor do you get back pay. It simply says you aren't eligible if you are cat D. I'm looking in section 10 on page 7.

It does, however, mention that if you decline a command course, you will not be eligible for bypass pay. I guess that means that if you decline the first command course offered- you are ineligible. Did this happen to you?

BTW... I started a thread regarding this a couple of days ago.

Mr. Bloggs
10th Aug 2007, 14:54
10.2 says the next most senior second officer SUITABLE for promotion. The key word is suitable. You will not be accessed and therefore not suitable and therefore no bypass pay. You will be accessed at the last possible moment.

6.2 also stated that DEFO’s will be hired when no second officers are suitable for promotion. Not accessed and therefore not suitable.

Has anyone out there ever received bypass pay? If so, for how long?

It’s all open to their interpretation.

Night Watch
10th Aug 2007, 15:03
Mr. Bloggs

Currently "assessment" is occurring 2-3 months before course start. Resulting in 2-1.5 months bypass pay prior to JFO upgrade.

This is f:mad:k'n crap and clear indication that the company is using non assessment as a method of avoiding bypass pay (SOs who are assessed suitable are getting bypass in their next months pay).

The AOA GC has received numerous emails regarding this matter, but do nothing!