PDA

View Full Version : Multi IR Revalidation

Pick me Flybe!
9th Aug 2007, 09:45
Ladies, Gentlemen, ladyboys, and anyone else for that matter

First let me set the scene, My multi engine rating expired on the 26th June this year. My Multi engine IR needs to be revalidated before the 24th September also this year.

I was going to to redo both at the same time in the plane in september but cash flow is a bit of an issue. So im going to reval the IR in the sim since it is my first since initial issue.

my question

Can i revalidate the multi engine IR even if i do not have a current Multi engine rating?? If yes, all is great and i can renew my MEP at a later date.

I beleive i can because the Multi IR is a stand alone rating but obviously i couldnt exercise the priviliedges until i had a valid multi engine rating?

I have refered to lasors but there are that many do's and dont's covering the IR renewl and reval that i havent got a bloody clue.

Any help ideas?

High Wing Drifter
9th Aug 2007, 13:44
That won't be a problem, but as always, call the CAA PLD (Personal Licensing Department) and get it from the horses mouth.

Zest
10th Aug 2007, 13:26
I am looking for the same information as you do at the moment.
My ME IR and my MEP expired in May this year.
I just phoned CAA today, who referred me to Lasors...
It looks like you can renew only your ME IR in FNPT II without renewing your MEP, if you do it before the ME IR expires. And it seems that airlines and TRTO ask only for ME IR, not MEP.
My problem is slightly different, as I let my ME IR expired, I have to do it all in the aircraft.
I have a question though : do I need additionnal training before my flight test, or, as Lasors states :
The candidate is also to show log book evidence that, in the period between initial and/or re-validation flight tests, he has successfully completed a let-down and approach to DH/MDH, a go-around and a missed approach procedure.
as I did some sim sessions this last year (with approaches, SIDs...), I do not need additionnal training ?
Thanks for those who could confirm this ;)
Zest

Zest
29th Aug 2007, 08:46
Any idea ?

Linda Mollison
29th Aug 2007, 09:11
Zest

Your quote from LASORS is from the IMC Rating pages, not the IR Rating pages. There is no requirement to do any additional training before you renew your IR - although if you have done no ME IR flying in the past year you would be unwise to attempt the test without doing some training first.

Linda Mollison

steeve
29th Aug 2007, 10:34
download the CAA LASORS_07 then go to page 247-248 for the MEP renewal (subchapter F3.4 if the rating is expired) and to page 212 for the IR Multi renewal.
I’ve just renewed my IR-ME and MEP rating in Spain… cheap. If you want further details about the the price, location (my check has been from Valencia to Ibiza)… let me know

Steeve