PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide - South African airline, any info?

RegionalFlyer
22nd Dec 2001, 21:44
Wondered if anyone knows anything about Nationwide. They're based in Jo'burg and their website is <a href="http://www.flynationwide.co.za" target="_blank">www.flynationwide.co.za</a>

I have tried to contact them through the website and through their agent in the UK but to no avail.

How easy or hard would it be for a UK national to work in SA? Whats involved re visas/licences etc? What are they like to work for? Etc. Etc.

Many thanks.

goblin
24th Dec 2001, 10:51
Hi there

May I sugest that you move your question to the African Aviation section, I'm sure you'll get a much bigger response.

I fly for another small airline in South Africa, so my knowledge about NW is scetchy, but they operate B737's and BAC 1-11's around the country and into neighbouring states from Jo'burg as a base, and seem to have plans to start operating an international route to the UK. (according to a newspaper article in a SA daily)

I suspect that they are also under a lot of strain after 11.09 and with the fast worsening rand/dollar exchange rate, and it will be interesting to see what happens to South African aviation in 2002.

Cheers