PDA

View Full Version : The Forthcoming Protest At Heathrow - Effect on SLF?

ShamRoc
8th Aug 2007, 08:56
The comings and goings at the Hight Court relating to the proposed "Enviornmental Protest" to be staged at LHR this month made the headlines this week but to me the result appears inconclusive in respect of what is allowed but more importantly what will happen irrespective of any injunctions.
As I understand it a "camp "will be established somewhere. Who owns the land to be used for this camp and how or why was permission given for it to be set up there? How close will it be to the airport? And what I really would like to know is, does anybody have any idea how all of this might affect those of us who have no alternative to using LHR?
Added stress for SLF?

Tolsti
8th Aug 2007, 12:29
I read that Hillingdon Council (which opposes development at LHR) is considering allowing protestors to set up camp on ground that they own... So the ratepayers of Hilingdon will have to stump up for the cost of cleaning up after the 'campers', extra strain on local resources and the inconvenience of it all while having no say in the matter.

UniFoxOs
9th Aug 2007, 08:15
The ratepayers of Hillingdon already had their say by voting in loonies in the first place.

UFO

9th Aug 2007, 16:00
But surely as it will environmental protesters staying on the land at Hillingdon, they wouldn't dream of leaving any mess behind, and they might even leave the area in a cleaner condition than when they arrived.

Tolsti
9th Aug 2007, 16:20
Environmental my a@se.... they'll leave it just like the pikeys leave a farmers field after they invade it.

WHBM
9th Aug 2007, 16:57
I read that Hillingdon Council (which opposes development at LHR)
Ah well, if Hillingdon don't like Heathrow maybe they can ask for it to be transferred to Hounslow along with all its council tax revenue.

No ? Thought not ........

10th Aug 2007, 15:14
they'll leave it just like the pikeys leave a farmers field after they invade it.

Oh I do hope so.
It might just show some of them up as the hypocrites they are.
(and I assume that when they travel to Heathrow, they will all be on foot or cycling).

Pax Vobiscum
12th Aug 2007, 17:19
and I assume that when they travel to Heathrow, they will all be on foot or cycling

Of course not - they'll be in ancient VW travellers belching black smoke!