PDA

View Full Version : Central & South America Aviation Publications

NW_Pilot
8th Aug 2007, 01:14
Are There any Publications such as trade-a-plane, controller, etc. in Central & South America? What about a list of aircraft brokers and dealers for the regions?

Thanks.

leondelfierro
8th Aug 2007, 18:24
As far as i know (i'm CPL IFR, and spent 3 years in the Chilean Air Force), i haven't seen a magazine or online website with the info you're seeking, the common way to sell an airplane (small GA) here is word of mouth or banners in airfields, newspapers... at least in chile, but i guess there's no much difference in the rest of south america...
If you are looking for bigger aircrafts the thing is quite different, operators commonly use the methods you stated before... (Controller, Trade-a-Plane, etc...)

hope it helps! :)

Panama Jack
10th Aug 2007, 15:20
leondelfierro summarizes the situation well.

In addition, when it comes to buying aviation products, Latin Americans will quickly look to Miami or even consult a publication like Trade-a-plane. Otherwise, the community is relatively small, and for piston GA airplanes it goes by word of mouth. Probably not enough of a market for a dedicated newsletter, with the exception of a country like Brazil and then only maybe.

alemaobaiano
10th Aug 2007, 20:34
Probably not enough of a market for a dedicated newsletter, with the exception of a country like Brazil and then only maybe.

I don't know of anything like that here, and as others have said most sales are word of mouth or ads at the field. You can sometimes see aircraft for sale in the normal aviation mags down here in Brazil, but not that often. Most of the ads are for corporate stuff, as the GA market is still extremely small and those who have the money seem to prefer air taxi services.

MercadoLivre even has a section for aviation :confused:

ab

NW_Pilot
12th Aug 2007, 01:45
I run a ferry flight service and wanted to stir up some more business in Central and South America