PDA

View Full Version : Macflite/Jetflite Graduates - Where are they now?

Merlins Magic
8th Aug 2007, 00:13
Reading the other post in here about Jetflite and many questions are being asked if a cadetship program is worth the time and money. Though it might be worth while knowing where some of the Macflite/Jetflite graduates have ended up after there 12 months and what they are doing now.

MM

Continental-520
8th Aug 2007, 12:13
I know that at least one of them in QLD is a Metro Captain with Makair....
There are a couple at Skippers Aviation in WA as Metro F/O's, and a couple more have ended up as Metro Captains for Jetrcraft.

bodex666
18th Aug 2007, 07:02
Finshed the Jetflite course at the end of 2004. Started at ****** in march 2005, flew till mid 2006. Got a job with Brindabella on their Metros as a FO. And last month got a job with Sunstate (Qantaslink) on the Dash 100/200/300 as a FO. I think it was worth it, I'm operating on high capacity aircraft so don't need the 500 multi command, just an ATPL and company minimums :)

PropDuster
19th Aug 2007, 01:22
One of my former colleagues (ex macflite) just got into CX. :D
This was after Command positions on DHC-6 and DHC-8 for QRA.
When I put this very question to him some years ago he said Macflite was definitly worth doing, in his case.
It doesn't suite everyone thought, weigh up your options carefully.
Good Luck :ok:

OOC
19th Aug 2007, 08:43
The majority are with J_ _ craft as Captains on the Metro, Conquest or Van.

A few have gone to Cathay, one immediately after the cadetship. Some at Qantaslink, some operating 1900's in NZ.One in Shri Lanka on the A320 and the others are in GA.

I am in PNG as Chief Pirate with a fleet of two Vans and a King Air and yes I am here by choice due to the highly rewarding flying but look forward to the big iron in the years to come. I did the course 3-4 years ago and have no regrets however the industry has changed dramatically now so many options available so look around!

Even though there are so many options now in GA for the first job, one huge plus that you achieve in such a cadet programme is learning in a disciplined environment from experienced Captains which sets the foundation without bad habits creeping in. But then again personal discipline is also a big contributer to good flying.

Good luck with the choices / career paths you take and if it is this programme then don't think its a matter of just doing the course then all the airline doors will be open, still lots to learn and experience to build.

R.Cruizo
19th Aug 2007, 10:40
OK guys, it's been a while since I got my ATPL ( 1998) but I've got to ask the question. Whats the latest requirement for command time to get an ATPL to go left seat in these Aircraft, even with a high capacity AOC and sim trainning schedule.

When I went through it was something like 750 command and a certain amount ( 200) could be ICUS.

Reading OOC and Bodex's posts, what are the new regs with in regards to these guys moving to the left seat.

Please, I'M NOT CADET BASHING !! just curious to new laws.