PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Fleet News

A300Man
7th Aug 2007, 17:00
I note from the winter schedules ahead that QR appears to be reducing the number of A300's it operates, and gradually replacing them with other types (A332 / A333) on the timetable.

Am in the process of booking a year end trip to BKK, and note that the aircraft operating my flight is listed as 343.

I knew that QR was considering bringing on an A340-200 for some regional flights (DXB and JED), but the A340-300 is listed as operating the daily DOH-BKK evening flight, which departs DOH at 20:30 local, through December and January at least.

Does anyone know if they indeed ARE bringing in A340-200's & 300's? And if so, why???? Is there a shortage of A330's (used) on the market? It would seem quite strange to introduce yet another newish type to the mainline fleet, unless market availability of preferred types was a constraint.

In any case, I am looking forward to flying on it, just for the sake of it.......

PIPE RIDER
7th Aug 2007, 20:54
Well rumors are an ex-Emiri 340-200 was to be used on pax flights,but havent seen it around, also T7 coming soon, but by the way, Anyone knows from Which fleet they will transfer? all sorts of rumours but as usual no official memo from fleet managers or GMFO.

Taking you more personally:yuk:

A300Man
8th Aug 2007, 16:14
Although the 777's are "coming soon", I can't see them shown anywhere on the timetables. I assume they will - initially - be used on LHR????

If the A343 and A342 rumours are true, it will give QR an extremely varied and headache of a fleet to maintain! (AB6, AB6F, A342, A343, A332, A333, A346, A319, A320, A321, A345, BGEX, B772, B773, B744*)

*the cargo machines that were ordered a year ago. Are they still coming too?

Qatari515
10th Aug 2007, 12:30
this A343 is a machine that was bought by boeing from SiA when they ordered their last batch of 777s. It is brought in as a replacement of the burnt A300,last year in auh. It will be operated by the A346 crews, painted only in white and burgundy letters just like the 757s some years ago. Should be operational by september.

A300Man
10th Aug 2007, 13:14
Thanks Qatari515. Appreciate the info. I wonder how it will be fitted out internally? I also wonder why - if it is a direct replacment for ABV - they are using it on a non - A300 route, i.e. BKK!

Nevertheless, look forward to seeing it next month then.

Cheers.

old747man
10th Aug 2007, 23:45
One 310 is joining the fleet end of the month its in abu dhabi...painted in colours.......so u can add one more type

QatarA340
11th Aug 2007, 09:35
I heard about the A343, but an A310??? That is a shocker. Why not order some more A330's or wait until the 77W arrive?

A300Man
11th Aug 2007, 17:28
A310 seems a bizarre choice also. Must be current market availability that is forcing the issue. Where is the A310 coming from?

A300Man
22nd Aug 2007, 17:52
Here's the A310. Registered A7-AFE. What a strange choice. And also in full colours.

http://www.myaviation.net/search/photo_search.php?id=01139681

What routes will this be used on?

(Credits to the other site........)

old747man
23rd Aug 2007, 23:26
looking good in qr new colours

Che Guevara
23rd Aug 2007, 23:36
Yep, you got to love that goat on the bland grey background...:eek:

A300Man
7th Sep 2007, 11:32
The A310 was photographed at LGW on "another website" and is stated to be operating for Qatar Amiri flight. However, the registration and fact the aircraft was finalised in AUH would suggest otherwise? Not sure.

Additionally, the Boeing 777-300 has now been uploaded to the QR timetable and is shown operating the following routes in December and January: DXB (not surprising), BKK (a little surprising) and IAD (not surprising).

A300Man

D&G
4th Oct 2007, 14:23
The 310 is now flying for Amiri and the 340-300 will also eventually, maybe 6 months time also make it's way to the vastly growing Amiri fleet and then it will go for outfitting and soon to be delivered BD700 Global XRS will also be joining Amiri I am told making a complete fleet for Amiri of 12, rather a lot for a small countries Royalty and government don't you think?

pilot306
7th Oct 2007, 00:39
i heard that there is a latter from CEO:cool: , which say that:uhoh:
NO ONE SHOWED BE TAKEN FROM A300 FLEET AT ALL EXCEPT VERY FEW MAX 8 WHICH ARE CHIEF PILOT AND OTHER TRAINNING CAPT AND ALL THE REST PILOT TO BE TAKEN FROM A330 FLEET AS HE WANTS MORE
EXPERIENCED PILOT :suspect:
may be he thinks A300 is a caw not a plane ?
does not make any sence at all :mad:

Qatari515
7th Oct 2007, 08:33
Thats true,

so now he will get pilots who joined 3 years ago, did 1.5 years on 320 and maybe 1 year on 330, and those experienced people will go on 777!!!!

( experienced long term FOs will not move as they are waiting for upgrades)

They did more training time then flying time!!!

Once more, GREAT MOVE!

MCTMAN
11th Oct 2007, 10:24
Disaster waiting to happen-IMHO

A300Man
11th Oct 2007, 17:59
I have the greatest of respect for the boys and girls in the pointy-end front office on Qatar Airbuses, as most of you will know.

But...........I hear too many rumours these days of minimum rest, silly rules, pairing flights, more minimum rest, arrival from KIX at 0600hrs followed by outbound to LHR or BKK same evening, followed by more minimum rest, followed by more silly memos......and so it goes.

Uneasy. Very uneasy.

But, nevertheless, I hope MCTMAN is proved wrong. But, the thing is, more and more people are passing the same comment these days.

Sgnr de L'Atlantique
11th Oct 2007, 19:41
A300 man,

I wish I could give you some good news but I can not!

Qatar Airways is reaching a very critical phase, mismanagement has started to collect its toll in a very very hard way.

The CEO is trying to correct the situation, in his usual chaotic manner, but its too late.

* On the A330, most pilots have reached the 900hrs legal limit by now. The ones that still can operate are the new joiners and guys just transferred from other fleets.

* Rostering, a department currently running without any form of management, tries to cover this up with fake standby’s, roster patterns like the ones you are talking about etc. It is very common these days to see pilots with two weeks of STBY duty, all of which is illegal due to the 900 hrs limit but at least the rosters are showing stbys so the CPs are happy.

* A320 fleet is squeaking at the moment, the guys being deadly tired from crazy split duty days and 6 hrs layovers in the Gulf.

* The numbers of pilots calling in sick (fed up, over exhaustion, abuse by rostering etc) has never been as high as the last three months.

* Pilots are resigning by the dozens at the moment.

So yes, it is actually a very dangerous situation and management is pretending nothing is wrong...

Add to this the following:

* Training standards (and recruitment stds) are at an all time low, due to the wrongly organised selection of instructors (since when doe airlines select instructors based on seniority and not on actual merit and performance??)

* Self made skippers (bubble gum machine self proclaimed captains) are filling the left seats at the moment.

* Pilot standards in general dropped below 0. Even a simple HF position report proves to be too difficult.

* Morale is at an all time low and pilots spend their time bitching and moaning in the flight decks, hereby forgetting to do the necessary studying or to monitor an area chart!

* In the meanwhile, whoever is left over in management, is focussing on stupid programs like the newly introduced fuel planning and electronic flight bag stuff, hereby removing every paper checklist on board (e.g. the airport briefings in front of the trip kits...a very good idea which had proven its value but which was removed by an over energetic manager who lost touch with what’s going on line)

It is a very sad situation these days, being a pilot for QR.

And in all honesty, bringing in external management people should have been done ages ago...it’s too late now!

QR has become an airline for the weak and outcast pilots of the world....

Swiss cheese model......holes....lining up....history repeating itself.....

loc22550
11th Oct 2007, 19:58
And if you feel dead tired while flying because of this stupid unprofessional roster...Don´t forget (and i think it´s our duty like some pilots did before..!!)to make ASR report...!!
Cheers.

Sgnr de L'Atlantique
11th Oct 2007, 23:03
Yeah right....

ASR on fatigue due to rosteringapparently are converted into PVRs by the administrational staff.

That way they do not need to be followed up with the QCAA....

The advantages of owning your own CAA I guess.

But hey, if you want to write, go ahead!

CEO PITA
13th Oct 2007, 21:55
Lol lol hey crazy man so what are you doing in QR if its so bad ???? today with pilot market as it is you can get job just name the place so i guess you are low standard as well when you so smart cant go away from deangorous airline like QR !
Go cry somewhere else ! let us work and have fun with this job !

Tintin
13th Oct 2007, 22:59
Wow thats what is left here..................

loc22550
14th Oct 2007, 04:48
Wooww..some people(CEO PITA) have still fun to fly here...!!They must be one of the few ""priviliged "" guy who got nice roster and got everything they asked for, didn´t have their leaves cancelled, are not rostered for 4 or 5 nights flight in a raw with minimum rest,are not disturbed during days off,are not called by roster gang one hour before a flight because they forgot to advice you about the change..and so and so...lucky you!:hmm:

stratocumulus
14th Oct 2007, 06:04
quite a clown this pita dude...hope that aint the Qatar standard

Black Stain
14th Oct 2007, 09:12
Swiss cheese model......

Perhaps the Reason Model has been completely misunderstood by the chief: Swiss make the best cheese, this is what I demand for my five star airline.

CEO PITA
14th Oct 2007, 12:30
O thnx for nice wishes to hit the mountain . I hope you have one of Breitling with ELT so when you hit the mountain i will be receiving signal from youre watch .Its ok i will tell ATC that there is Q515 down crashed becouse of his bad CRM and brian damage.
QR is one man game nothing can be changed you can go or stay and take it . I see you decided to stay
:p

A300Man
14th Oct 2007, 12:50
Listen, whether intended to be jovial or fun or serious or whatever, this discussion about flying into mountains, killing 280 people and making reference to colleagues as "brain damaged" is just not professional, gents.

Can't we please be civil?

People will always have differing opinions. That's what makes the human race such a fascinating subject. But, you shouldn't (as professional airmen) hide behind the anonymity of the internet to slander each other with comments such as those above.

Those can be terrifying comments for ill-advised members of the public who may visit these forums.

CEO PITA
14th Oct 2007, 13:12
You are right A 300 .
Qatari515 has no brain damage its just his parents didnt teach him how to talk to others.
And what kind a colleague is Qatari515 when on 1 post he wish me to hit a mountain . Am sure he is so frustrated with QR but he has a stone on foot so cant move .

CEO PITA
14th Oct 2007, 13:15
Hey dude clown is the person who give you PPL !

Capt.Tentacles
14th Oct 2007, 16:18
Listen, whether intended to be jovial or fun or serious or whatever, this discussion about flying into mountains, killing 280 people and making reference to colleagues as "brain damaged" is just not professional, gents.
Can't we please be civil?
People will always have differing opinions. That's what makes the human race such a fascinating subject. But, you shouldn't (as professional airmen) hide behind the anonymity of the internet to slander each other with comments such as those above.
Those can be terrifying comments for ill-advised members of the public who may visit these forums.
I concur A300 Man, Totally Unprofessional remarks!

Qatari515
14th Oct 2007, 17:22
Thats how easy it is Pita man...

Post removed. I have no problem with that. It was Ill thought over of my part and as English is NOT my mothertongue, I guess my message was not transferred as intended!

Not because of you, but because of the genuine remarks of the others on this forum. I shall stand corrected.:=

I stand by my other remarks though, and your following posts are just proving my point!

Unfortunately you are living proof, if you are not the wannabee I think you are, of the actual level of pilots in QR these days!:ugh:

Being very very VERY low!:yuk:

Swiss cheese model:

Maybe they think a good swiss cheese should have many and BIG holes in it...

DR345
16th Oct 2007, 11:16
Swiss cheese at QR ???
Perhaps that's why they started operating to GVA lately ...

A300Man
27th Oct 2007, 10:46
I see Qatar Airways is taking an A321 from Lauda Air/Austrian Airlines subsidiary, flyNiki, painted in the full QR colours.

Is the previous lease over, or is QR taking this aircraft on a wet or dry lease from the current operator?

Also, can any of the A343 crew tell me how is the cabin configured in the aircraft temporarily serving BKK? Is J class in a 2-2-2 config or 2-3-2? Typical QR seats or standard old style seats?

Thanks in advance for any info.

A300Man

Low IN Fuel
27th Oct 2007, 12:52
Hello every one,Iam new to the forum and I wish you all safe and smooth flights.
A-300 man,yes qatar airways bought the A-321 from Austria to be as spare for the fleet of A-320/321.

A300Man
10th Nov 2007, 12:30
Qatar Airways has delayed the delivery of the A380 for a further two years, now expecting them in 2012.

The airline cites the fact that it would not wish to be over-ambitous in moving into its new home (New Doha Airport) whilst at the same time launching flights on the A380. It prefers to be settled into the new home for a period of time, prior to taking-on the challenge of the A380 introduction.

Possibly a sensible move. Possibly this will also be just about the right timing for another new livery, as the current (new) one will be seven years old by 2012!!

A300

Qatari515
12th Nov 2007, 05:37
Could it possibly have something to do with the bad shape the airline is in at the moment recruitement wise?

No pilots, No Cabin crew and no engineers could mean very expensive planes sitting on the ground in the very near future...

I know for a fact that this is a very real worry at Airbus and Boeing whenever QR places another huge order! They know there is nobody in place to make all these toys working...

a-b212
13th Nov 2007, 18:50
sorry to be out off subject but im wondering if anybodie would known any informations about the interview of second officers in qatarairways i have an interview this week and i still dont know what to prepare for it. thanks in advance any tips would be apreciated :ok:

A300Man
14th Nov 2007, 12:39
Also off topic, but a subject not really deserving a thread of its own. I read - with much fanfare and pomp - a few days ago of the new website that Emirates had launched to coincide with the Dubai Air Show.

No sooner had they gone and done it, when another airline (containing the letter Q in its title) have also launched a new website today.

Freaky coincidence?????

lilitsvetko
15th Nov 2007, 13:49
hi to all ....

i might have an interview with Qatar airways in Dec for cadet pilot programe and i was wondering if any pilots can help with some information regarding type of questions and exams and if there is Sim session.... any information is welcome ........
thank you
safe flights:ok: