PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 737

ROGER Co-J
22nd Nov 2000, 20:34
Hi guys.Starting a B737 course next year.Currently flying King Airs and have about 2200 hours, 600 ME /Turbine.
Would appreciate advice from any 737 drivers out there on how best to prepare for or approach the course.

Anything offered will be greatly appreciated.
CHEERS.

[This message has been edited by ROGER Co-J (edited 22 November 2000).]

Silver Fox
22nd Nov 2000, 23:01
Roger Co-J

Can you be more specific as to which 737 model you will be moving onto, and also which Company you will driving it for? It just may narrow the good gen down a bit, so you can pick up all the good stuff! I flew the 200 model for Comical Airways, if that helps at all. Have been on the glass Airbuses for a few years now, so I can scratch my distant memory, but I know there are other fliers out there in a better position of authority, especially on old classics! Drop a line...

Off to the beach...
SF

------------------

wizzflight
23rd Nov 2000, 12:51
Best thing to do is to try to get hold of the computer based training CD-roms for the B737-800. Quite a lot of it is applicable to older models as well. Your mates in Europe or the States should have them.

THe other thing is to get hold of a manual. I have one, but would not know how to get it to you. I would be able to help you out with a lot of multiple choice questions, but then you would have to make your e-mail address public, so I can send it to you. I know there's a website that gives questions out for free, but I've lost the address. I'll get back to you when I find it again.

Mebro
23rd Nov 2000, 18:24
Roger u might want to drop by this site www.b737.org.uk (http://www.b737.org.uk)

U will find it very useful ...Good Luck and have fun .....

Mebro

ROGER Co-J
24th Nov 2000, 13:17
Thanks for the replies guys.

The airline is Kenya Airways and it will initially be on the 200 and soon after the 300 as they're getting rid of the 200.

Visited the site Mebro.Excellent! I can,t get enough of it.

e-mail : [email protected]

[This message has been edited by ROGER Co-J (edited 24 November 2000).]

[This message has been edited by ROGER Co-J (edited 25 November 2000).]

MileHi
25th Nov 2000, 15:06
Roger,

I would say make sure you know your company procedures and cockpit flows off the top of your head. The last thing you want to do is try to remember what switch you are supposed to flick next whilst battling with a sick aeroplane.

It sounds like this is your first jet, remember its still an aeroplane - just fly it!
HAVE FUN, ENJOY THE FLUFF!