PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Flights at CDG

Shack37
7th Aug 2007, 14:03
I flew from BIO to ABZ via CDG yesterday, arriving CDG 2D and departing from 2F. Not being familiar with CDG I assumed it would be a stroll from one hall to the other avoiding repassing security etc as I was going straight from one flight to another. Instead, following signs for 2F I found myself passing through baggage reclaim (no entry passport control), passing through the main concourse, departure passport control and departure security.:ugh:

Did I miss a shorter, less complicated route eg "Flight Connections" as per LHR (maybe not the best example)?:O

If there is another way I'd be :O to know.
s37

Farmer 1
8th Aug 2007, 08:03
I don't think there is, but if there is, and you find it, please let us know.

It's French, you know.

manintheback
8th Aug 2007, 08:48
There is an airside transit bus but its erratic to say the least, pick up point is a desk on wheels that appears at the bottom of the stairs. You were probably better off doing as you did.

Only thing I can advise on CDG is its possible using a staircase where the car rentals are located to get across the road to the other terminal 2 halls without using the bus and saving time that way.

Shack37
8th Aug 2007, 13:35
Thanks for that, I don't feel so :O now. As it happens I had three hours between flights on the day but another time it could be tricky.
CDG........ didn't like him that much when he was alive either.:=

s37