PDA

View Full Version : Borat - the pilot!!

32megapixels
7th Aug 2007, 12:50
Not much sence to this thread, but i thought i would lighten the mood as there is often a skewed negativeness on here too often.

I was flying down the east coast toward Sydney on Sunday afternoon when Borat made a couple of announcements on 121.5

While this is a breach of the regulations, I was pissing myself and made what was a rather quiet cockpit erupt.

Thankyou Borat.

I just wanted to know if anyone else out there has heard him!:D:O:D

slackie
7th Aug 2007, 21:30
I took "Borat" for an aeros flight a few months ago...here's how he looked...
http://www.aerobatics.co.nz/images/StagBorat.jpg
For the full story read...http://www.aerobatics.co.nz/News.htm

Howard Hughes
7th Aug 2007, 22:08
Thats enough to make anyone sick! NURSE...;)

1723KG
8th Aug 2007, 01:19
There is a guy flying for a Pilbara based mob, that if he grew a moustache would be a spitting image for the aformentioned Borat. Wonder if Sacha has taken up a new career??

1723Kg

puff
8th Aug 2007, 03:04
Last count he'd only grossed $250 odd million from Borat the movie alone, on this kind of tiny sum one could understand if he was on a financial basis alone pushed into a career in Australian GA to make some 'serious' cash :)

1723KG
8th Aug 2007, 04:27
Maybe he is in Australia to research his latest film
BORAT:Cultural Learnings of Australian GA for Make Benifit Glorious Job In Regional Airlines
Leaving his native Kazakhstan, Borat travels to Australia to make a documentary. As he zigzags across the nation, Borat meets real pilots in real situations with hysterical consequences. His backwards behavior generates strong reactions around him exposing prejudices and hypocrisies in Australian GA.
The review:
When Sacha Baron Cohen wanted a GA Company to represent the impoverished career of his character Borat, he found the perfect place in the north of austalia, a remote desert outpost with no sewerage or running water and where pilots eke out meagre livings peddling scrap aluminium around the sky or working nightfill at the local supermarket.
One pilot said of the crew after filming finished `This is disgusting. They conned us into doing all these things and never told us anything about what was going on. They made us look like primitives, like uncivilised savages. Now they are making millions but have only paid us around $3.'
Just four pilots have permanent employment at the local airport, while the rest live off what little welfare benefits they get.
So when a Hollywood film crew descended on a nearby run-down motel last September, with their flashy aeroplanes and expensive equipment, pilots thought their lowly GA company might finally be getting some of the investment it so desperately needs.
The crew was led by a man the pilots describe as 'nice and friendly, if a bit weird and ugly, but promising jobs' who they later learned was Baron Cohen. The comedian insisted on travelling everywhere with bulky bodyguards, because, as one pilot said: 'He seemed to think there were crooks among us.'
While the rest of the crew based themselves in the motel, Baron Cohen stayed in a hotel in a nearby tourist resort a world away from the airports grinding poverty. He would come to the airport every morning to do 'weird things', such as bringing aircraft less than a year old inside the run-down hangers, or have the pilots filmed using sophisticated avionics.
An unnamed pilot, a recent graduate of a large `Fast Trackings' flying school who was promised great expectations of finding a job, was one of those who feels most humiliated. For one scene, he was offered an `very nice' job as an FO with a regional airline. Only when The Mail on Sunday visited him did he find out the real truth. He said he was ashamed, confessing that he only agreed to be filmed because he hoped to `take a shortcut to the airlines' - although in the end he was paid just $3 and expected to pay for his endorsment.
He invited us into his humble home and brought out the best food and drink he had. Visibly disturbed, he said shakily: 'Someone from the airport said these Americans need a man with no experience for some scenes that show how quickly a pilot can progress into a regional airline in australia' . I said yes but I never imagined the whole country, or even the whole world, will see me in the cinemas ridiculed in this way. This is disgusting.
'Our job makes us very poor, and everyone is trying hard to get out of this misery. It is outrageous to exploit people's misfortune like this to laugh at them.
'We are now coming together and will try to hire a lawyer and take legal action for being cheated and exploited. We are simple folk and don't know anything about these things, but I have faith in God and justice.'
If the pilots do sue the film-makers, they won't be the first. Last week, two unnamed pilots who were caught on film drunkenly making racist and sexist comments about other pilots took legal action, claiming the production team plied them with alcohol and falsely promised that the footage would never be seen in Australia.
Many other unwitting victims of Baron Cohen's pranks have also spoken out against the way they were conned and - unsurprisingly - the regulatory authority of Australia have long taken issue with the image Borat paints of General Aviation in Australia.
The pilots only found out about the true nature of the film after seeing a Report on Today Tonight. Some thought it was an art project, others a documentary.
He remembered wondering why the crew took an old, broken Cessna 210a and turned it into an aeroplane to be used for scenic flights. He said: 'We all thought they were a bit crazy, but now its seems they wanted to show that it is us who fly around in aeroplanes like that.'
Another unnamed local pilot helped the crew with their shooting, but he claims he was never told what sort of movie they were making, and that they failed to get a proper permit for filming.'I realise I should have taken some legal steps but I was simply naive enough to believe that they actually wanted to do something good for our careers here.'They came with bodyguards and expensive aeroplanes and just went on with their job, so we assumed someone official in CASA had let them film.'
The Northern-based production company that helped the filming in Australia, said the crew donated sets of Jeppessen manuals and turbine endorsments to the local pilots. But the locals have denied this. One said 'Some got a few hours in their logbooks, but that was it. People are angry now, they feel cheated.'
It's a feeling the remote outpost is used to. The town, like others in the Northern region of Australia, is populated mainly by pilots who say they are discriminated against by the rest of the country when it comes to pay and conditions.
Indeed, when a local Chief Pilot and owner of a charter company was asked whether the pilots felt offended by Baron Cohen's film, he replied: 'They got paid so I am sure they are happy. These pilots will even kill their own father for for a job flying one of my chieftans.'
But feelings in the town are running so high that The Mail on Sunday saw angry pilots brandishing navigation implements chase out a local TV crew, shouting that they had enough of being exploited.
It is small comfort that few, if any, of them will get to see the Borat film. Not a single pilot we spoke to had ever been able to afford a trip to the nearest cinema, a few hundred kilometers away. Perhaps that's the real reason why film-makers chose the town in the first place.
The equally hilarious deleted scenes from the film include an interview with `Brazman' a regional FO and no. 1 prostitute in Australia, who dressed as a pilot takes part in an annual festival dubbed the Running of the pilot, an extravaganza where participants flee, running-of-the-bulls style, from an enormous puppet pilot--When `Brazman' pauses to lay an egg, the local children rush in, urged on by Borat: "Go kids! Crush that pilot egg before it hatches!" `Brazman' claimed to `have an anoos that hangs down like a wizards sleeve' after he was duped into paying $5500 for the chance to play a part in the festival in what is arguably the one of the funniest scenes in the outtakes.

Chadzat
8th Aug 2007, 05:26
"Cultural Learnings of Australian GA for Make Benifit Glorious Job In Regional Airlines"

Love it!! Best quote of the week. :D

tinpis
8th Aug 2007, 06:15
"There are many job opportunities in the Airline and of GA. For men, engine worker, pilot or accountant. For woman, prostitute"

Borat

Cap'n Arrr
8th Aug 2007, 10:03
I wasn't aware that was a woman only job tin :E

I am assuming that what happened was someone transmitting as Borat.:ok:

Jagshemash!

roger doger
8th Aug 2007, 13:54
wawa woowa

NDB Alpha
9th Aug 2007, 21:14
Why don't more cops & nurses look like that...it'd make me want to get sick more often!! Mind you I might also want to commit a few more crimes!!

tinpis
10th Aug 2007, 01:39
Why don't more cops & nurses look like that..

They must have been on holiday from Oz

None in Kiwi look like that. http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/uglylaugh.gif

K3nnyboy
12th Aug 2007, 13:52
so what happened on 121.5 ???