PDA

View Full Version : GCNS (ATPL Theory)

XL319
7th Aug 2007, 08:44
Has anyone completed the Theory at Glasgow? If so how have they found them? Any complaints, high passes etc?

Callsign Kilo
7th Aug 2007, 16:56
When I was there it was pretty poor to be honest. General Nav was and probably still is very well taught. Tutor has painstakingly rewriten all the course notes. He was attempting to do the same with Radio Nav, so give credit where credit's due. The rest of the notes compared to other people's material is...well....crap and can leave you very :confused: This added with the out of date feedback and you feel like you are well and truely :ugh:

If you really want to go to GCNS then budjet another £400-£500 for the additional texts and material that you will buy from OTHER COURSE PROVIDERS in order to get you through the exams

And by the way, the college does have good pass marks, however this is largely down to their motivated students; not their teaching skills. If I was to do it all again, I would definetely use Bristol. Never heard a bad word said about them.

Best of luck to you :ok:

wbryce
7th Aug 2007, 17:45
I looked at GCNS for my ATPLs and didn't choose them, mainly down to the negative comments (from lots of people).

The problem comes with GCNS being an institution and not a commercial operated business. If GCNS was a business they would've went under a long time ago, their notes are poor and techniques questionable (basing my opinion on feedback from previous students).

You can goto GCNS and still pass but as CK suggests, this would be down to your own effort so whats the point in doing a full time course? Bristol would be my option in this case. If you do wish to use a full time provider then look at the schools in Bournemouth, EPTA are top class and so are BCFT. I'm currently at EPTA just now (I favoured their 3 module approach opposed to BCFTs 2 module approach).

XL319
7th Aug 2007, 18:40
hmm thanks for your comments...its now a toss up between CATS and BGS...(never heard of EPTS)

wbryce
7th Aug 2007, 18:45
EPTA (European Pilot Training Academy), its Cabair Modular groundschool....if your doing distance learning then BGS is your safest choice (going by the amount of praises they get from here), CATS, well recently ive seen quite a lot of good reviews about their DL course too...