PDA

View Full Version : UKIA (Merged)

taz95
15th Nov 2006, 12:13
Hiya I was wondering if anyone knows about UK International Airlines as they have advertised for cabin crew's.:rolleyes:

BMED LHR
16th Nov 2006, 21:52
Website Down...It's a No go !! , I think they failed uniform glamour / Style .

taz95
28th Nov 2006, 15:28
Hi Does anyone know anything about this airline as I have been called for interview on the 30th?

notts airgirl
12th Dec 2006, 10:51
they seem to be getting there, well i hope you got the job with them,\let us know eh.

will be nice to have a new airline like Virgin locally i must say:)

taz95
12th Dec 2006, 12:30
they seem to be getting there, well i hope you got the job with them,\let us know eh.

will be nice to have a new airline like Virgin locally i must say:)

Yes I did get the job. Thanks

notts airgirl
13th Dec 2006, 09:18
hi taz

i did also but am not sure on the starting date as yet, i have called them but cannot get hold of anyone.
would be nice to know when we start, did you get the job as cabin crew?
keep in touch if you hear anything about the starting date please.
have you left your excisting job yet?

spk soon
notts airgirl

taz95
13th Dec 2006, 12:11
hi taz

i did also but am not sure on the starting date as yet, i have called them but cannot get hold of anyone.
would be nice to know when we start, did you get the job as cabin crew?
keep in touch if you hear anything about the starting date please.
have you left your excisting job yet?

spk soon
notts airgirl

I did leave an existing job but not for UKIA and yes I did get a job as experience cabin crew. Strange that you cant get through anyone coz any time I rang or emailed I have got an answer. Great that you got the job too.

atmosphere
13th Dec 2006, 16:32
Pretty basic site, you think its possible to fill a 767-200 to Islamabad?:rolleyes:

taz95
14th Dec 2006, 21:44
Pretty basic site, you think its possible to fill a 767-200 to Islamabad?:rolleyes:

I guess not probably a text stop somewhere ...

Bear132
6th Aug 2007, 20:45
Hi Guys,

Saw the UKIA 767 sitting on the tarmac today. Engineers were working on it. The aircraft does look really look the part. Spoke to someone who works on Passenger Services who said she received an email today saying the aircraft is doing a crew training flight tomorrow, departing at 11.30, going to Liverpool and returning back same day. I asked the engineer if it was flying tomorrow and he laughed and said "Not a chance" but then followed it with "well maybe for crew training".

Airport staff seem to think it is finally getting started now and say lots happening now. They seemed quite positive. They did however, comment that apparently although the aircraft has a license, the owner hasn't??? Don't know much about that though!

Who knows, but fingers crossed it happens this time!!! :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Anyone know anymore info on this???????

xx

Pandora's Box
7th Aug 2007, 14:23
I heard there AOC got rejected. Hope it works cause a couple of crew from my airline have gone there.

Cab Svcs Mgr
8th Aug 2007, 22:12
If anyone is looking for a position as crew with UKIA - my advice is to keep your day job :(

Brace_Brace
8th Aug 2007, 23:12
Is the 767 they have old? Looks very dated inside?:confused:? And I wonder what the pay is like etc. any one know any more details.

thanks

:):):)

sinala1
8th Aug 2007, 23:14
I am guessing their website is NOT http://www.ukia.co.uk :ooh:

:E

Cab Svcs Mgr
9th Aug 2007, 08:05
A/C is, I believe, a 1989 B767-222 and is pretty shabby inside. Cabin crew rates start at £8,000 for ab initio crew I am told, with a bond for the first 6 mths.
The original batch of crew were taken on in April this year and started their training, but, because the senior management couldn't get a suitable training captain to stay with UKIA, the training was stopped (cos you're not allowed to train without having a TRE postholder).
UKIA had a very different approach to aviation which eventually ensued in ALL the senior crew leaving - or being pushed - because they questioned the ways that UKIA were approaching operational practices.
That is why they have had a recruitment drive recently and taken on new senior crew - because they didnt have any!!!
The crew that have left are all professional people with good experience and I am sure in hindsight feel that they have done the right thing in leaving.....UKIA owe quite a few people money (some of it BIG money) and in my experience are bad payers.
I know that some of the ex Flyjet team are assisting now and I hope that things will start to improve and UKIA will finally take off but one thing I did learn from my experience with this outfit is not to trust anyone - which is a hard lesson to learn in aviation as generally I thought we were a really nice sector of the human race.

There I go - thinking again :rolleyes:

mike21
9th Aug 2007, 15:29
Their AOC has not been rejected as someone has posted. Junior Cabin crew do not start from 8000 but much more than that. The so called senior trainers who left UKIA were incapable of continuing their training and from April till June they didnt get any training done due to their incapability. Some senior crew were sacked for gross misconduct. The trainers were questioned as they didnt knew what they were doing. Yes with UKIA recruiting proper proffessional trainers with experience the crew have completed their training and most of the training was repeated as the crew had not learnt anything from their previous trainers and busy doing fam trips these days. I dont think UKIA will repeat the mistake of hiring trainers who say they can do it all and make up their CV's and in reality dont know anything about wide bodied aircraft or have previous training experience.

ben1976
10th Aug 2007, 20:02
There's another 767 on its way over from Brunai due September. And the order For the 787's from Boeing has been approved.

Claudinho
20th Aug 2007, 14:03
Hey guys. I had an interview with them but didnt go. I must say i didnt feel to comfortable going to an interview with an *BRAND* new airline.

Anyway they seem to be nice enough !

Best of luck!

Brace_Brace
19th Sep 2007, 11:14
UK international, Hmmmm?:bored:
I know a lot of the management who used to work at an airline called Flyjet have gone over to UKIA. The aircraft is newly painted and smart, but the cabin seats are very dated and look like an inside of a bus. There website is basic and very unprofessional and even the picture of the food is not done to a high standard, looks like it has been taking by a household digital camera. The uniform…... If you want a uniform to look of high standard, make it with good material and do not try to make it on cheap or it will end up looking like Primark pajamas!

Enough said just wanted my 2 pence worth. :O

BungleJPH
30th Sep 2007, 08:40
-- Cab Svcs Mngr
UKIA owe quite a few people money (some of it BIG money) and in my experience are bad payers.

Do we know how much they are in debt already or what budget they had ? This is often an indicator of survival prospects.

Any info would be good

Bungle

adamkhan
26th Dec 2007, 16:45
im not suprised shabby webpage very cheap quality logo's and images, i heard that they have cancelled all their flights today! does anyone know why? apparently someone told me today that they will start operating again in february, and will passengers get their money back what about those stranded in islamabad and sharjah!!!!!!

mike21
27th Dec 2007, 14:15
Well the decision they took was said to be operational issues, This was the time they would make huge monies as the flights are full. It looks like it is operational issues.
Also I have heard that the DFO has been suspended, so it could be true.

they seem to be very sensible in their:D decisions, I wish them the best as UK needs jobs especially in our industry!

adamkhan
27th Dec 2007, 23:32
Sorry if this sounds silly but what is DFO?

Mr Angry from Purley
28th Dec 2007, 17:35
Director Flight Operations so in charge of aircrew etc. Payday for UKIA 31/12 fingers crossed :\

adamkhan
28th Dec 2007, 20:49
Lol! let us know what happens...good luck

richterscale10
29th Dec 2007, 19:11
Might I proffer that without the post holders in position I dont think that the CAA would be very happy about the operation carrying on - so operational issues it might be. But why has the airline entertained so many professional people that have held posts and then ousted them?

Mike21 - there are plenty of jobs going already in the 'industry' in the UK - with well established and professionally run outfits. I would suggest that any UKIA crew members get their applications out there now and cut their already extortionate personal losses. Good Luck out there you lot !

BungleJPH
2nd Jan 2008, 09:12
Any further news on this airline?

Miss Muff Flaps
13th Jan 2008, 01:04
Here's the latest, heard from someone who knows someone who knows someone and so on ...

Cabin Crew have been paid

Pilots might be paid on Wednesday

The DFO was suspended for incompetence. The Head of Cabin Services was also suspended after repeated attempts to get her to perform her role at Base rather than from her home failed.

The Quality Manager has been sacked.

The Chief Training Captain has resigned.

The Head Engineer has resigned.

The CAA have not been fans of the airline from the start. This is possibly as a result of initial impressions following meetings with the owners and follow up communications.

Ditto the DFT.

The basics are that you have an ownership team who are used to working in an unregulated profit making industry working with a management team who understand the requirements of working within a highly regulated industry. The former have become nervous at the initial high out-goings against return of of investment and the latter have become frustrated by the reluctance to invest in the infrastructure that will secure the success of the airline. Not a recipe for success.

The business concept is good but money needs to be spent to get it up and running. The owners also need to understand the importance of compliance with CAA and DFT regulations. Until that happens, the airline won't.

adamkhan
16th Jan 2008, 21:48
lol!! did you get to fly at all?

tinyflyerBHX
22nd Jan 2008, 22:23
One of my close friends worked/works for UKIA and they did get to fly and by and large were enjoying their jobs. However my friend had said that the crew have accepted it's all over and have got or are applying for other jobs. I have been informed that all the safety equipment has been removed from the 767 to prevent anyone from moving the aircraft from EMA and that meal carts have been placed in UKIA's EMA offices with food still in them Yuk :yuk:. My friend informed me that the owner is still confident that the airline will be flying again in as little as 2 weeks!!! But how remains to be seen the airline is a complete mess and apparently owes alot of money. My thoughts are with all the crew and I hope they all find new jobs soon it's always sad when an airline no matter how good or bad, young or old fails as it's ultimately the employees who suffer.