PDA

View Full Version : Dual Engine Failure

Newbie30
6th Aug 2007, 19:54
I heard that a gulfair A340 had a dual engine failure a couple of hours ago and had to go back to Bahrain. Can anyone confirm that ?

Propellor
6th Aug 2007, 20:28
An A340, A4O-LF, did return back from its flight GFA 506, but I am not sure of the reason.

CI100
7th Aug 2007, 00:52
A340 lost one engine on its way to DXB, asked MCC to continue and then ferry 3 engine back....to which MCC said NO WAY ON 3 ENG FERRY. so they came back to BAH and the passengers were loaded on 508 which was held on the ground for an hour for that reason.

tbaylx
7th Aug 2007, 15:36
The crew requested a three engine ferry??? Wow there must be more crack getting into Bahrain than i first thought, those things hardly get airborne on 4 engines....

airpilot_A3xx
7th Aug 2007, 15:36
Yap, then Followed by GF 056 to Bom with LGCIU disagreement causing the L/G not to retract, dumped 4T of fuel over jarada back to Bah. well done boys:D

Propellor
7th Aug 2007, 18:32
The crew requested a three engine ferry??? Wow there must be more crack getting into Bahrain than i first thought, those things hardly get airborne on 4 engines....
I don’t think the skipper of that flight needed any (more) crack – he is always so full of it! Till recently, he was pontificating his FOs to join EY, where he would train them on the A380! Pity GF could not get rid of him.

411A
7th Aug 2007, 22:26
I watched a B707 attempt an (outboard) engine out ferry flight years ago, and it promptly departed the paved runway surface and ended up firmly in the weeds.

Engine out ferry flights are (or at least should be) reserved only for those who are very expereinced on type and have had specific training for the maneuver.

To do otherwise is foolhardy in the extreme.

Those that might say...'well, it doesn't look so hard to me' clearly have not had that training.

jackbauer
8th Aug 2007, 10:10
It is a requirement to do a sim session and get qualified for 3 eng ferry flights. It's not something you just do! If the aircraft lifts early it's curtains.