PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Is this legal?

Squawk7700
6th Aug 2007, 11:24
Taken on 4/8/07 over Cairns beach...

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~njah1/pic.jpg

neville_nobody
6th Aug 2007, 11:40
That's perfectly legal if he's coming in to land or if he has low level approvals.

One thing it isn't is intelligent. You should never have those sorts of angles of bank at low level unless you have alot of airspeed to play with. Even then it wouldn't be real smart for your average CPL guy.

On saying all that photos can lie and he might be further away and higher than what it appears.

A Cessna 185 speared in around Sydney doing something similar in the 90's if my memory is correct

Bendo
6th Aug 2007, 11:42
Are you referring to the flying operations or the amount of flesh on display? :E

... I didn't see the aeroplane either, I was looking at the beaver. :}

romeocharlie
6th Aug 2007, 11:47
Might try asking Cairns seaplanes that question, I dare say they can answer that better than anyone on a forum.

Capt Basil Brush
6th Aug 2007, 12:18
It took me a while to realise there was an aircraft in the photo.

I was initially looking to see if there was any talent lying around soaking up some rays.

ForkTailedDrKiller
6th Aug 2007, 12:27
Don't see any problem with the aeroplane!

Look carefully at the photo, particularly at the relative position of the floats. I doubt that he has much more than 30 degrees of bank on.

Its a seaplane - and he is about to land on the sea (I assume).

Dr :cool:

PS: But you are right. Lying around in the north Qld sun wearing nothing but a couple of handkerchief sized bits of material should be illegal - from a medical perspective at least!

compressor stall
6th Aug 2007, 12:44
Squawk7700
You might like to enlighten us as to which reg you believe is being broken? No doubt you did your research after starting that thread on low flying a while back.

puff
6th Aug 2007, 13:09
Completely legal, the only beaver I can see for the public to see is the one overhead the tree. Would appreicate more photos so I could keep up the 'scan rate' however :D

Dixons Cider
6th Aug 2007, 14:22
WTF? Is this legal?

Dunno, go back and get another photo and we'll see.

...but this time make sure you get some jubblies in it!!!! :E

itsbrokenagain
7th Aug 2007, 00:13
The seaplanes have been landing here turning short final here for over 15 years, its not new and its normal ops, there is a couple big high rise hotels (use to work in one so I know its there!) behind the camera person ( read ****e stirer idiot with nothing better to do..) and a big hotel and mall complex to the right, which is funnily enough the sea plane base ! and has been for a long time now. He neglected to mention the fact the plane is also flying right under the upwind leg for runway 15, or the 2 mile final areas for the reciprical runway 33 at Cairns! Wtf is all I can say to the original poster from a hotel room in New York City where I am reading this crap from !!!!

Kooka
7th Aug 2007, 03:45
Perhaps you should ask yourself Squawk, is this legal? (one of the pics on Squawk's website)

Edit: Looks like the picture I linked to on Squawk's web page of low flying over water in a single has been deleted!!!

kiwi chick
7th Aug 2007, 03:59
its only illegal if you get caught

What the...?!!

Man, i wish you'd been my instructor... :ugh:

aulglarse
7th Aug 2007, 06:30
Nice Beaver...where are the flaps? Looks a bit clean to me. Any other photos to submit?

Ultralights
7th Aug 2007, 09:02
as far as i know sunbaking topless is legal on the esplanade.

beeva
7th Aug 2007, 09:29
After looking at the photo in great detail, there are plenty of legal beavers there...:E

geeup
7th Aug 2007, 10:30
Looks all above board.. Where do i apply???:ok:

trolleydriver
7th Aug 2007, 11:10
I'd heard that the Cairns Beaver had had a little mishap a while back? Did they fix it or is it a different beaver operating there now? Does the ag pilot still own the business?

Skystar320
8th Aug 2007, 04:59
Who cares about the plane!!!!!!

THERE is ALOT of better THINGS on the ground :ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh:

Buster Hyman
8th Aug 2007, 07:05
Strange beach. Getting the grass stains out of your cozzie must be a bugger! Still, the lack of sand up the jetsy is a bonus!:ok:

Skystar320
9th Aug 2007, 05:25
maybe you could give it a good rubdown :ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

If you get what i mean