PDA

View Full Version : DASAR Multi-Engine Programme

training wheels
6th Aug 2007, 11:04
Anyone know anything about this?
DASAR Multi-Engine Programme (http://www.nationalaerospace.com.au/pilotProgrammes/coastwatchProgramme/index.php)
Is that 100 multi hours ICUS or command?
And what's the catch?

Soulman
6th Aug 2007, 12:43
Pretty sure it's all ICUS.

The catch? $$$$$$$$$

But it will help you gain:
mutli engine emplymentent

Whatever the hell that is! :}

JUZ777
7th Aug 2007, 03:11
Suppose you could just contact them and ask!! :ok:... Your not committing to anything. Just a thought

training wheels
7th Aug 2007, 03:55
Suppose you could just contact them and ask!! :ok:... Your not committing to anything. Just a thought

I have contacted them and still waiting for a reply ...w-a-i-t-i-n-g ...w-a-i-t-i-n-g ...w-a-i-t-i-n-g ... :)

The Kavorka
7th Aug 2007, 06:14
you fly a 337 around coastline of vic.....bit of a wank but ok for hour building I guess.....

all the time is icus, D$#%t Air do this to subsidise the cost of the flying because I don't think westpac or Surf lifesaving Vic pay them too much for it!!

with the amount of GA jobs at the moment I don't think there is a need for paying for icus time on a c337

White and Fluffy
7th Aug 2007, 10:23
I'd stay clear.

I started my MECIR training there and after much frustration left. This scheme is purely a money making, cost covering exercise by the company. They have another similar scheme called Genesis that claims to give you a MECIR and twin charter time. You pay about 30K for what should really cost about 12k and wait forever in Darwin to get your ICUS time.

All their senior instructors with any idea have left long ago and there is little or no organisation. Training manuals, handling notes, syllabuses and training notes for intial twin, CIR, etc are none existant. All ground briefs and theory briefs seem to be ad hoc with little or no preparation by the school or instructors. All management seemed concerned about was when I was going to pay for each flight.

Have noticed that several of their training aircraft are up for sale in the Aviation trader the fleet seems to be getting smaller, maybe bills need to be payed.

Don't ask any pilot that has been in Darwin for their opinion as you won't get any nice words out of them about their sister organisation up there.

As already mentioned, go to a good school, get the MECIR and head north, you'll probably have a job before you have organised your first nights accomodation, might be on a C210 for a start but that wont be for too long in the present climate of high turn over.

I am much happier at a far superior school now and have already been offered a twin job before I have finished my MECIR. Times are good so don't pay for things you don't need to.

W&F

Porkchop
8th Aug 2007, 12:15
Agreed!!!!
Went there for a while.......duds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spend your money somewhere else.......that doesn't have a clapped out, red and yellow, 337 or partenavia!!!!!

bracketting
9th Aug 2007, 00:51
I totally agree with W&F and Porkchop, regardless of what schemes or promotions they may offer, nothing substitutes good instructors who not only know their stuff but also have a desire to teach their students, unfortunately as of mid 06 this type of instructor ceased to exist at this establishment.

Bracketting