PDA

View Full Version : collins proline 21 CBT simulator?

nyaminyami
6th Aug 2007, 08:16
sorry this question may be a little obscure as i'm not sure what the official name of the training device would be.

I am looking for a collins proline 21 CBT simulator - something along the lines of the A320 freeplay software - to familiarise myself with the system in flight.

In other words i want to practice flying the system on my PC (if that makes any more sense).

If any of you can suggest where i can buy/beg/borrow/steal such a program i would be much obliged.

nyaminyami
8th Aug 2007, 06:15
cheers mate

gigi116
2nd Sep 2007, 10:19
as far as I know , the only one available is called "V.I.S.T.A". It is very expensive to buy for a private.

It is used by Flight Safety Int. during training on some GA airplanes proline 21 equipped as : Hawker, King Air, Challenger, Premiere.

The CD sent by Collins is just a "presentation" of the avionic system and it is not to be intended as a training tool.

I suggest the traditional way (user manual).

bye

ICT_SLB
3rd Sep 2007, 01:27
The old VISTA needed a specialized computer to run it and is mainly an FMS sim but there is/will be a new version that runs on a high-end PC. Not sure exactly when it will be released for training purposes - we're still waiting for the development/test version.

nyaminyami
4th Sep 2007, 08:03
thanks guys. will keep a look out. how effective is the freeplay software for the A320? is it readily available?

skblz1951
26th Dec 2009, 07:36
Hello!

Any of you knows if I can find a Collins FMC 2000 manual pdf online?

Thank you in advance.

Shiner Pilot
26th Dec 2009, 09:12
The King School of flying website! They have a DVD/CD

SP

youngskywalker
27th Dec 2009, 06:53
I think the King schools course is online and quite pricey at about 575$, i'm told it's worth it though.

Heli-Mike
28th Dec 2009, 14:48
A year ago I downloaded an FMS-3000 manual for the Avanti P180 from the web which was publicly available. Tried it again today but couldn't find it :(

bestglide140
1st Jan 2010, 17:39
Downloaded it also! Still got it on the HD. If interested pls. PM me.

Cheers BG140

:ok:

Try this: SmartCockpit - Airline training guides, Aviation, Operations, Safety (http://www.smartcockpit.com/pdf/plane/piaggio/AVANTI/misc/0005/)

Cecco
8th Oct 2011, 09:40
There is a program called virtual avionics, you can "fly" with the Proline21 on a CJ3. I got it under-the-table. If you want to buy it, it costs at least 500 USD; however, RockwellCollins only sells it to FTOs. The demoversion is very limited as a training tool.

scalci
9th Mar 2013, 04:48
Hi, where can I get this to download it from?

galaxy flyer
9th Mar 2013, 14:52
Pretty simple, when you buy a plane with ProLine21 or get hired to fly same, training is provided, at no charge.

Until that occurs, why would one need the training, it's not like you can use it to drive your car.

GF