PDA

View Full Version : LCC In Oman

Omania335
5th Aug 2007, 21:55
Low Cost Carrier airlines has been increased in last few years in Middle East
Beside Jazeera and Air Arabia and Sama and also 2 new startup in Bahrain
(Java air & Bah air)

What I have personally seen passengers get very attracted to this kind of airlines
Due their low air fare tickets and time performance plus most of this LCC in Middle East operates new brand A/C for passengers comforts

Most of gulf countries have LCC example (KSA, BAH, UAE, KUW) and expecting in Qatar soon,
Oman is the only country still no one though of operating out of OOMS even foreigner investors never thought of it, I think Oman is the ideal place to have such business as passenger flow been increasing every year

Well my Questions is to respected high experienced Pilots & aviation experts to answer if, Oman is the right country to have such a business or due some restriction LCC in Oman still not been discovered ??

Hansol
6th Aug 2007, 03:19
Why would an Emirate allow an LCC to start up and damage its national airline? Jezeera were allowed to start mainly because on the influence of its owner in that country, Air Arabia is the national carrier of Sharjah, but I can't see it happening in Oman.

Omania335
6th Aug 2007, 14:06
To Hansol (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=105682)

If you are in Oman please check the coming up (the week) newspaper Arabic version On Saturday for more info about LCC plans in Oman

Project been discussed.

Ali Baba
6th Aug 2007, 20:54
Lots of people have applied for AOC but no answer. as far as i know 6 application are there for more than four years now, just waisting your money and time. officials wont tell you that ,

Omania335
6th Aug 2007, 23:49
they think all the project are the same as ex Muscat aviation
they had wet lease B732 with crew

MAKAVELI320
7th Aug 2007, 21:18
HANSOL air arabia is not a national carrier of sharja it belongs to a qatari sheik just for info :ugh:

Hansol
8th Aug 2007, 03:39
MAKAVELI320 - for your information the largest shareholder in AA is the Sharjah Government with 38%, its publicaly available information, do your homework before you make stupid statements.

Farrell
8th Aug 2007, 07:12
Folks...

Let's keep it professional.

A300Man
8th Aug 2007, 16:09
I would be surprised if a LCC is set up in Qatar. That would spoil the party for a certain burgundy animal!! (Unless, of course, the LCC was a "baby" of said animal, in a similar way that bmibaby is offspring of bmi......)

Plus, does Doha ramp actually have the space for another resident airline just now???

ftabarrok
21st Aug 2007, 06:06
Guys, I looked into new start-ups based in Bahrain (Java and Bah Air), but there's nothing on the net. Does anyone have any news as to what the scoop is with these LCCs?

ironbutt57
21st Aug 2007, 06:16
As many in north america found out already, some are about to discover here..."the best way to wind up with a small fortune in the airline industry, is to start with a big fortune"