PDA

View Full Version : PPL trainees - 15 minutes of fame?

mouseuk
5th Aug 2007, 21:45
Hi guys

I have been reading posts with interest.
I trust it is fine to post this on here.

I am a freelance journalist (newbie-although aged 47) and have a magazine interested in a series of articles regarding flight.
One article I wish to be about PPL training, and I need a trainee relatively local to me that is happy for me to interview them. It doesn't need to be for long-over a pint or a coffee will do-and I will not name them unless they wish. Probably just as TRAINEE JOHN said...

I also would like to speak to their trainer/flight school for a few quotes, and tag along on an actual flight.
It would not be intended as an advertising piece, but of course I would mention the school and as I wish it to be a positive piece, it may be of benefit to the school in the long term.

I live In south Herts a few miles north of the M25.

Please PM me if you fancy the idea of a little bit of fame, and I will see what I can do.

David

bri1980
12th Aug 2007, 21:12
I'd do it but I'm not exactly local. Flying out of Caernarfon. Sounds like a nice idea though.

Bri

mouseuk
12th Aug 2007, 22:56
Thanks anyway Bri.

As a writer I thought it WAS a good idea, but I guess people aren't up for it.

Come on guys. I REALLY want to know what you think and feel. I will do an honest piece and Write it in a positive way, so it must be good advertising for a flight school.

david

bri1980
13th Aug 2007, 07:01
Try posting in the Private Flying and GA forums. The guys in the professional forums are (they hope) on a fast track to the airline right-hand seat. Perhaps you will have more luck with the more leisurely pace of life in the Private Flying area?

Also, you could approach a school directly and ask them to suggest a student who might be willing to do it? Cabair have a number of schools not far from where you are, and I'm sure there must be lots of others in your area.

Perhaps the way to go would be to visit airfields until you find a willing victim.

Bri

mouseuk
15th Aug 2007, 13:21
Thanks BRI

like the thought of a 'willing victim'

mouseuk

mouseuk
15th Aug 2007, 13:25
I did organise something with Panshangar through the 'school', but it was very laid back...and although I had some informative chats on the ground, after waiting 1 1/2 hours I was introduced to a pilot who seemed happy, but asked me to come back 3 hours later for a particular student. This I did, and then after another 1 1/2 hours found that they had gone up without me!!

I have had a couple of PM's from this site, so hopefully can get something sorted soon.

Ta

bri1980
15th Aug 2007, 19:33
Feel free to PM me with questions. We can arrange a flight if you are ever up my way!

Bri