PDA

View Full Version : EASA 66 license conversion

duson
5th Aug 2007, 19:45
hi, there: good day

is there any possibility of 66 license out of EU member states converted to EASA 66 license??

and where I can find the license conversion legislative document of EASA?

many thanks buddies:)

Whinging Tinny
6th Aug 2007, 16:50
"Is there any possibility of 66 license out of EU member states converted to EASA 66 license??"

Not 100% sure what you mean, but for starters have you looked at the EASA website or one of the EASA member states aviation authority websites?

Engineer
6th Aug 2007, 21:08
You will need to look at Commission Regulation (EC) No 2042/2003 Annex III (http://www.easa.eu.int/doc/Regulation/reg_2042_2003_Part66.pdf).

But I don't think it will be happy reading for you especially 66 A70 shown below unless you qualify.

Conversion provisions

(a) The holder of a certifying staff qualification valid in a Member State, prior to the date of entry into force of this Part shall be issued an aircraft maintenance licence without further examination subject to the conditions specified in 66.B.300.

(b) A person undergoing a qualification process valid in a Member State, prior to the date of entry into force of this Part may continue to be qualified. The holder of a qualification gained following such qualification process shall be issued an aircraft maintenance licence without further examination subject to he conditions specified in 66.B.300

(c) Where necessary, the aircraft maintenance licence shall contain technical limitations in relation to the scope of the pre-existing qualification.
Hope it helps

spannersatcx
7th Aug 2007, 09:53
If you are talking of a Hong Kong HKAR66 licence, although the system was set up by the CAA and it is exactly the same as the UK CAA system, the answer is no at this time.

duson
9th Aug 2007, 08:56
thanks mates.

spannersatcx, thanks, I am exact HKAR-66 engineer. the conversion seems negative.

Engineer, thanks for your info

Whinging Tinny, thanks, I am reading the regulations of EASA

Whinging Tinny
9th Aug 2007, 15:04
Good luck if you can make heads or tails of it.
Not exactly the most clearly laid out website there is.:ugh:
Makes the CAA's look like fibre optic cable standard.