PDA

View Full Version : Is august a good time for pilot positions up north?

pilot2death
5th Aug 2007, 11:05
hey guys
i have about 700 hrs Total time and currently doing my initial IFR. iam wondering if now is a good time for S/E opportunities such as C210's somewhere north.
please let me know if there's any positions arising soon that you know of.
cheers

russianthru_thesky
6th Aug 2007, 10:28
In Short, No. The Dry season is the busy time up North and it only really has a couple months left in it. Most companies have as many pilots as they need by now but you never know, someone might have a vacancy open up. After all, its not what you know, its who you know in this game so keep your ear to the ground.

Chadzat
6th Aug 2007, 11:44
in short- atm any time is a good time. What russian aludes to is the heavily scenic flight oriented businesses. (He is right about his second point though) Just about every week I hear of a charter 210 job cropping up, sure the locations may still be a bit dodgy, but hey- its a job and its hours. I think it will only be November/December when the 'hiring season' will stop this year. IMHO

If you have any 200 series time and (obviously) your IFR ticket, put the feelers out and jump in the car. If you do all the basics right you will get a job SOMEWHERE. Especially with that total time.

pilot2death
6th Aug 2007, 14:51
thanks that was helpful
iam trying to quit instructing to join a good charter company but apparently its just came in the wrong timing...