PDA

View Full Version : Conditions at M@c@ir???

Osamaaa
5th Aug 2007, 02:41
Could any of you M@c@ir guys tell me if you have to pay for your endorsement as a direct entry SAAB captain or if there is a bond or some other scheme in place?

Do M@c@ir operate under the Regional Airline Award or the GA Award or some other EBA/AWA??

Appreciate any info from those that know.

Cheers

Osamaaa

Yusef Danet
5th Aug 2007, 06:40
Bond.

Conditions minimal, check the EBA online.

There are better operators around.

powersfasher
5th Aug 2007, 11:03
No cash up font, you will be bonded however.
$15,000 over two years reducing monthly, for SAAB command endorsement (no co-pilot endorsements given) .

All pilots (line pilots) on collective agreement.
Better than the award? Hard to say, some say yes, some say no.

Unless you have C&T approval and time on the SAAB you will normally start as a F.O. on the SAAB. Progression to Capt fairly quick at moment due to lots of movement in the ranks. Say two years roughly.

Very short on Metro crew at the moment. Direct entry capt if you have some time on type.

Lots of people moving on to bigger and better things.

Good place to get some RPT turbine before you move on.

Compaired to G.A. its all good.

outback aviator
5th Aug 2007, 11:49
:)I see on your original post that you give your location as Perth.Have you considered Skywest as an option?? They have no bond (at this stage) and no endorsement costs.Guys who have joined as an F - 50 f/o have been upgrading to the left seat in 12 months lately.They have just announced that they are getting two more F-100's in October and another in March 2008, by my calculations, even at 5 crews/plane that is another 30 drivers they will need between now and then. Food for thought??:ok:

Osamaaa
6th Aug 2007, 01:03
Powersfasher,

Read your PM's

Cheers

Osamaaa

jsport5
6th Aug 2007, 01:05
Hi guys, first post by me. Just wondering if anyone could help me with this. Considering doing CPL through Jetflite next year. I have hit them with a few questions which they have answered. They "guarantee" 12 months employment on completion on such aircraft as metros or saabs. I recently asked them about wages during that 12 months. Now their replies have stopped. 'What's doing?' If i'm going to be selling everything I have and moving my family to QL to do this I want all the answers first. Can anyone tell me what a new f/o would get in his first year with the likes of M@c@ir or similar and if Jetflite are true to their word. Completing training and then working for the next 12 months on turbo props sounds pretty good.
I know the money won't be fantastic as I am aware i'm starting at the bottom but some idea would help with my decisions. Thanks